Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:39 pm

The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.

Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.

As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.

What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.

Get some loyalty and backbone. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

:thumbup: No more words necessary

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.

Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.

As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.

he must be thinking your Jekyll and hyde

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:22 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.

Weren't we where we are now, with a unbalanced squad and huge wage bill. :lol:

I have faith Warnock can turn it around and its to early for panic stations but people are allowed an opinion.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm

managers are not immune to criticism just because they done well in the past, it happens with every team so stop trying to force people to be happy with our last few games when they were shambolic, we shouldn't hit the panic button yet as its just the start of the season but neither should we try to shut down fans with an opinion on results and team performance, if they want to vent just ignore them and let them vent

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm

The best manager we have had in my time supporting the city, what he has achieved has been incredible.

The signings and make up of the squad has been mystifying though.

Tomorrow is a huge day for the club and NW.

My view is that he should have finished last season based on his demeanour this season, he had such a difficult job last season and it has taken its toll on him I'm afraid.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:41 pm

He's not the messiah :lol: People are allowed to question his tactics, team selection, transfer business, etc as he gets paid to do this job its not like he's doing it for free. Im one of those that think he should be given time and people calling for his head at this time are doing it far too soon, but fans should be able to question why we're playing so s**t and the buck stops with the manager and the players.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:He's not the messiah :lol: People are allowed to question his tactics, team selection, transfer business, etc as he gets paid to do this job its not like he's doing it for free. Im one of those that think he should be given time and people calling for his head at this time are doing it far too soon, but fans should be able to question why we're playing so s**t and the buck stops with the manager and the players.

Yes, any given manager and/or player is only ever afforded judgement on their last result for some, eh? ;) :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Result no. Performance yes.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Spot on.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Well said mate :thumbup:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but just look at other clubs like Charlton and Leeds who were in the premier and the fans turned on the manager ....I ain’t happy with the way we are playing etc but Warnock owes us nothing....I trust him to sort it out and soon ...

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:25 pm

He’s not Kim Jong Neil you are allowed to criticise him

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 pm

I think every city fan is aware of what Warnock has achieved since he has been at the club, but that doesn't put him above any criticism coming his way. Last summer's transfer window was poor but this one has been shocking, a point some of us have been saying before a ball was kicked. My biggest concern is that we have"t got the quality back up to make major changes.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:17 pm

cityone wrote:I think every city fan is aware of what Warnock has achieved since he has been at the club, but that doesn't put him above any criticism coming his way. Last summer's transfer window was poor but this one has been shocking, a point some of us have been saying before a ball was kicked. My biggest concern is that we have"t got the quality back up to make major changes.

You can't always blame a Manager for the amount he spends in a transfer window, he doesn't write the cheques and buy whoever he wants?

That's like your Mrs blaming you for your kids not being in Eaton, and you not living in the best house in Cardiff with three Teslas and a Ferrari on the drive!

If he had been given an unlimited budget and every player he wanted saying, yes why not I'll come to Cardiff because the fans want top players, sod real Madrid and Liverpool or even Fulham :roll:

It's easy spending someone else's money and criticising people because your football teams lost a couple of games!

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Neil Warnock is old enough, & more than experienced enough to "know the Score".

He has taken us to a level that we could only dream off a decade or so ago,,, but after the bitter disappointment comes the stark reality of our current situation,,, one that I'm sure we had all hoped we would push aside, & progress all the stronger for this season.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword,,, & the minute you stop getting better, you start getting worse!

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Bluebina wrote:
cityone wrote:I think every city fan is aware of what Warnock has achieved since he has been at the club, but that doesn't put him above any criticism coming his way. Last summer's transfer window was poor but this one has been shocking, a point some of us have been saying before a ball was kicked. My biggest concern is that we have"t got the quality back up to make major changes.

You can't always blame a Manager for the amount he spends in a transfer window, he doesn't write the cheques and buy whoever he wants?

That's like your Mrs blaming you for your kids not being in Eaton, and you not living in the best house in Cardiff with three Teslas and a Ferrari on the drive!

If he had been given an unlimited budget and every player he wanted saying, yes why not I'll come to Cardiff because the fans want top players, sod real Madrid and Liverpool or even Fulham :roll:

It's easy spending someone else's money and criticising people because your football teams lost a couple of games!

So it"s not down to the manager that we haven"t had a right back for 3 seasons, started last season without a striker and this season we"ve no playmaker in the middle of the park??

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Enough threads on here shown he has had a lot to spend in the last few years. If the squad isn't up to it that's down to Warnock no doubt about that.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Totally agree :thumbup:
Alan Durban took us from the 2nd to the 4th Division in consecutive seasons.
I wonder how that would gone down on social media these day?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Enough threads on here shown he has had a lot to spend in the last few years. If the squad isn't up to it that's down to Warnock no doubt about that.

Is this why he never stays long at a club its usually around 2/3 yrs then it goes sour despite his promotion credentials do the players tire of the tactics Hence lack of energy in the 3 games?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm

What would your reaction be if we lose our next 6-7 games? How long do you give Warnock?. like many Cardiff Fans I'm just Surprised with Certain Signings etc I thought we Could attract better more established experienced players for this league. Love everything Warnock has done for the Club and if anyone can turn it around it's Him. Take stock of things after 13 games...???

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Completely agree - for those thinking we will bounce straight back up - have a look at how many teams achieve this. Teams that will have spent and risked more than we have. It happens rarely so why should we be any different? If we finish top 10 this season and stabilise it won’t have been a bad season, play offs would be a good season and automatic would be a dream. Our fans need to be more realistic.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:37 pm

The man will always be a god down here, ..............but, He can never pick a settled side week in week out, we tore the arse out of, admittedly a shit Man U with our attacking style but he seems too reluctant to play this type of football :?: priority should have been an attacking midfielder in the last window. But, hey, I will continue to support and not boo for tomorrow nights game, seen a lot worse in the last 40yrs that’s for sure as I’m sure all you other old fuckers will agree :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Get Giggs in for ffs. Lol, lol

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Well said OP

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 pm

NW has done a truly magnificent Job, taking us from then to now. At the present time we are back from where we started, lower championship side seemingly out to league one...so he has to start all over again! Has he the fight left in him, part of me says he will pull us out of our predicament and, the other part tells me he knows its as far as he can go...if only he wouldn't tinker with his team selection like playing nelson in in front of the back 4 last Sunday and, playing vassell out wide. He does frustrate fans when things like that happen. His stubbornness is infuriating. But on we go..let's get the win tomorrow and we be all happy going into Blackburn and fulham. I'd be happy with 7 points going into the international break

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 am

Now I know you will all jump down my throat, that is par for the course. But hopefully amongst all the impending noise there can be some sort of answer there because genuine question here... what has he achieved exactly for such adulation?

I rate him, fully aware of his record at this level and not one of those to criticise him for the sake of it. But when I hear about all he has done here, am I missing something or was it just that one promotion season after he steadied the ship? Since then it has been very below average to be kind hasn’t it?

Warnock is somewhat of a legend. But it does look like his day is done, the game has moved on. Similar to John Toshack really, significant in his day but there comes a time where your ideas are just outdated and don’t work. This is probably the best Championship in terms of ability I can remember.

I don’t think it’s disloyal to be looking critically at the situation, it’s just a realisation that his style isn’t very affective against teams with ability. If the Premier League didn’t highlight that then the Reading match certainly did?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 am

JackSensealot wrote:Now I know you will all jump down my throat, that is par for the course. But hopefully amongst all the impending noise there can be some sort of answer there because genuine question here... what has he achieved exactly for such adulation?

I rate him, fully aware of his record at this level and not one of those to criticise him for the sake of it. But when I hear about all he has done here, am I missing something or was it just that one promotion season after he steadied the ship? Since then it has been very below average to be kind hasn’t it?

Warnock is somewhat of a legend. But it does look like his day is done, the game has moved on. Similar to John Toshack really, significant in his day but there comes a time where your ideas are just outdated and don’t work. This is probably the best Championship in terms of ability I can remember.

I don’t think it’s disloyal to be looking critically at the situation, it’s just a realisation that his style isn’t very affective against teams with ability. If the Premier League didn’t highlight that then the Reading match certainly did?

Absolutely spot on.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:13 am

The position we are in is after 3 games, when Warnock took over we had played 11 games and had 8 points,let's see where we are after 11 games then compare. It's not only getting us promoted he managed to gel the club and fans together. Remember the bickering between the fans,we were a basket case at the time. I will back him til he wants to go,he will know when it's time to call it a day. He's not the type to hang around taking a wage!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:28 am

Of course he has to take responsibility , this is his team and he spent a lot of money on it since hes been here.

Ward £1mill
Tomlin £2.5mill
Patterson 500k
Bogle £1mill
Madine £6mill
Murphy £11mill
Cunningham £4mill
Smithies £4mill
Reid £11mill
Glatzel £5mill
Vaulks £3mill
Bacuna £4mill
Flint £6mill
Whyte £2.5mill
Vassell £2.5mill

That is £64million spent on this squad ,then add in the loan fees for Arter, Camarasa and Grujic. so on average he is spending £21million per window which is a lot for this league and probably only Fulham will match us for spending on the total squad.

Our team putting in performances like we have so far is unacceptable and Warnock deservedly is getting criticism for a near £70mill squad that cant string two passes together