Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Number 10 role

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:02 pm

The departure of Bobby Reid and the absence of Tomlin surely tells us something about NW's thinking. He goes with a lone striker who is usually left without support. One reason why we cant get strikers to score 10/15 goals a season.
Every side knows that a long throw, corner or free kick will have Morrison as a target for a knockdown.
We are simply too predictable.
Until NW gives Tomlin a run in the team, we will be just too predictable.
NW has performed miracles at CC and deserves freedom of the city, but we have to change.
I am not optimistic. However one thing is for sure, I will not be booing whatever happens. As a fan with a long memory we have enjoyed unprecedented success since Mr Tan took control.
Who remembers those grim days at Ninian Park in the 70's/80's. Let's be thankful for what we have. We could easily be Bolton.

Re: Number 10 role

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Too true

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:11 am

Our team is too direct and as I said the other day without a Tomlin style player we have no creativity and glatzel will be isolated and soon get disheartened leading to poor form poor stats record no resale value

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:36 am

Our midfield consists solely of players who like square balls. There is no drive. The fans have been used to watching Gunnar-Arter-Camarasa at least trying to play forward so this is going to feel like pulling teeth for a while until we assimilate.

Tomlin is potentially the key.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 pm

We need someone in that number 10 role with a bit of ability, good work rate and an eye for goal. Personally I totally disagreed that Reid didn't fit our system think the team would have looked a hell of a lot stronger with him in it. Sometimes Warnock just needs to be harder with players. Yes Manga wanted to go but irrespective he had another year on his contract, Yes Cunningham wanted more game time but should only be allowed out if we get cover, Yes Reid wanted to go to a team who played better football, again only agree if we get someone in to replace him.