Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT: BEN STOKES (ENGLAND AND WALES CRICKET TEAM)

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:18 pm

What an incredible (winning) performance today! :clap:

That performance was Bothamesque and surely puts him in amongst the great players and innings? :notworthy:

Hats of to the guy! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OT: BEN STOKES (ENGLAND AND WALES CRICKET TEAM)

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Sports personality nailed on.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Incredible , as good as headingley 1981.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Absolutely incredible.

What an absolute hero.

Sports Personality and a knighthood nailed on I reckon.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Cometh the hour... :clap: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:44 pm

Stokesy legend.. all set up now

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Who says test cricket is boring ....That was magical to watch

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 pm

19 off Cummins... that was outrageous. Plus the lbw and Lyon fumble whoo woo..

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Unreal performance.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Thug In my eyes

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Outstanding performance by Stokes and let's give some credit to Jack Leach for hanging around ;)

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm

You really think it has anything to do with Wales? You can kid yourself, but you won’t kid real Welsh people (who judging by numbers of players) are happy to see cricket die in Wales.

I imagine turncoats like you want Wales to merge with England at football too? Pathetic trash

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Oh, and I hope the Aussies smash them

Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:14 pm

theclaw wrote:Thug In my eyes

Ah yes ...... but he’s OUR thug!

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:52 pm

tcblue wrote:You really think it has anything to do with Wales? You can kid yourself, but you won’t kid real Welsh people (who judging by numbers of players) are happy to see cricket die in Wales.

I imagine turncoats like you want Wales to merge with England at football too? Pathetic trash

I enjoyed watching the game today, but I could never properly support the English side, no matter how many try to dress it up as England and Wales.

We should have our own side, there's plently of talent not just from the Glamorgan CC setup but throughout Wales. An attitude of 'happy to see cricket die in Wales' is wrong, pathetic, and defeatist imo bollocks to that.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 am

tcblue wrote:You really think it has anything to do with Wales? You can kid yourself, but you won’t kid real Welsh people (who judging by numbers of players) are happy to see cricket die in Wales.

Are you a wind-up merchant or do you really believe the drivel you've just posted ?

Just check the history books and you will find England has had captains from Scotland, Wales and indeed the World Cup winners were captained by an Irishman.

I dislike the English Football and Rugby teams but the cricket team has historically been called England even though players from the 4 home countries have represented them. They are OUR cricket team regardless of the name.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 am

If it was the other way around and that team was called Wales there would be uproar.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:

Are you a wind-up merchant or do you really believe the drivel you've just posted ?

Just check the history books and you will find England has had captains from Scotland, Wales and indeed the World Cup winners were captained by an Irishman.

I dislike the English Football and Rugby teams but the cricket team has historically been called England even though players from the 4 home countries have represented them. They are OUR cricket team regardless of the name.

A bit ironic really when you consider how many City players are Welsh. I remember a very good Glamorgan player (Tony Lewis) captaining the England & Wales cricket side.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:28 am

What Nationalistic nonsense ... What are you going to come up with next. ..People who don’t speak welsh aren’t genuinely welsh .. People who don’t speak in a welsh accent aren’t genuinely welsh or welsh people who moved to England for reasons of jobs etc like me are turncoats .. Get a grip .. if you know anything about the history of cricket welsh players have been well represented in the English and welsh team ...It’s why we have had test matches and one day internationals in Cardiff and Swansea ...When England toured Australia pre seventies they were known as MCC Doubt you know what that stands for ..

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:32 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

A bit ironic really when you consider how many City players are Welsh. I remember a very good Glamorgan player (Tony Lewis) captaining the England & Wales cricket side.

A very good player he was too Steve. Scotland also provided two captains, Mike Denness in the 70's and most famous of all Douglas Jardine in the 30's during the infamous Bodyline series with Australia. Just to emphasise the point, an Irishman Eoin Morgan has just captained England to as yet their only World Cup triumph.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:50 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

A very good player he was too Steve. Scotland also provided two captains, Mike Denness in the 70's and most famous of all Douglas Jardine in the 30's during the infamous Bodyline series with Australia. Just to emphasise the point, an Irishman Eoin Morgan has just captained England to as yet their only World Cup triumph.

So why not call them Great Britain

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:16 am

theclaw wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Great Britain is not a country it's a landmass.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:21 am

Stokes is a New Zealender.Archer West Indian and Lubsuscharge a South African.
What a f*cking joke

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:35 am

stickywicket wrote:Stokes is a New Zealender.Archer West Indian and Lubsuscharge a South African.
What a f*cking joke

So what about the Wales rugby and football teams with their 'imports' then? :?

Be consistent at least if you want to avoid being a 'joke' yourself! ;)

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:
theclaw wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Great Britain is not a country it's a landmass.

So
Works in tennis,rugby,olympics and probably more sports.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:23 pm

What’s a real Welsh person..

Fat gut and a packet of Haribos seems to be the norm these days..

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Angry little child

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 pm

stickywicket wrote:Stokes is a New Zealender.Archer West Indian and Lubsuscharge a South African.
What a f*cking joke

Vinnie Jones captained Wales.....

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:21 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
What a f*cking joke

Vinnie Jones captained Wales.....

As did Ashley Williams :thumbup:

And don't forget Mike England, too! ;) :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm not a massive Cricket fan these days but saw the highlights last night, incredible fair play