Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OT: BEN STOKES (ENGLAND AND WALES CRICKET TEAM)

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
tcblue wrote:You really think it has anything to do with Wales? You can kid yourself, but you won’t kid real Welsh people (who judging by numbers of players) are happy to see cricket die in Wales.

I imagine turncoats like you want Wales to merge with England at football too? Pathetic trash

I enjoyed watching the game today, but I could never properly support the English side, no matter how many try to dress it up as England and Wales.

We should have our own side, there's plently of talent not just from the Glamorgan CC setup but throughout Wales. An attitude of 'happy to see cricket die in Wales' is wrong, pathetic, and defeatist imo bollocks to that.

That’s fair. At least you ain’t pretending Jerusalem and the three lions are Welsh. I can take that one on the chin. Agree to disagree :occasion5:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:34 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
tcblue wrote:You really think it has anything to do with Wales? You can kid yourself, but you won’t kid real Welsh people (who judging by numbers of players) are happy to see cricket die in Wales.

I imagine turncoats like you want Wales to merge with England at football too? Pathetic trash

Are you a wind-up merchant or do you really believe the drivel you've just posted ?

Just check the history books and you will find England has had captains from Scotland, Wales and indeed the World Cup winners were captained by an Irishman.

I dislike the English Football and Rugby teams but the cricket team has historically been called England even though players from the 4 home countries have represented them. They are OUR cricket team regardless of the name.

: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the sky is green and the grass blue.

3 lions on the shirt - remind you of anyone? Remind you of Wales in any way? Kid yourself like I said, you won’t kid actual Welsh folk though

Maybe go and support Fulham or the royals? More suited to your kind

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Birminghamnewby27 wrote:

What Nationalistic nonsense ... What are you going to come up with next. ..People who don’t speak welsh aren’t genuinely welsh .. People who don’t speak in a welsh accent aren’t genuinely welsh or welsh people who moved to England for reasons of jobs etc like me are turncoats .. Get a grip .. if you know anything about the history of cricket welsh players have been well represented in the English and welsh team ...It’s why we have had test matches and one day internationals in Cardiff and Swansea ...When England toured Australia pre seventies they were known as MCC Doubt you know what that stands for ..

What’s the Welsh language got to do with anything? Hello Mr Strawman from Birmingham :wave:

Pathetic nonsensical argument

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Stokes is a New Zealender.Archer West Indian and Lubsuscharge a South African.
What a f*cking joke

So what about the Wales rugby and football teams with their 'imports' then? :?

Be consistent at least if you want to avoid being a 'joke' yourself! ;)

If you are born in Wales and choose to play for Wales (within the rules), that’s fine. Some, like David Brookes, say that they feel more Welsh. Others, like Paul Dummet, just see it as a tokenistic way to play international football. I am not here to say who is Welsh and who isn’t.

But that has nothing to do with cricket, where the team is called England, sings Jerusalem and has three lions on the shirt, whilst pretending to somehow be Wales.

You can somehow pretend that it’s the ECWB, but it isn’t, it the ECB and most Welsh know that.

If you really want proof, go see the white (not red of Wales) post box on Queen Street and it’s covered in ‘Yes Cymru’ and ‘Football fans for Indy’ stickers.

At least us football lads can see the England cricket team for what it is. England.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:50 pm

tcblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Stokes is a New Zealender.Archer West Indian and Lubsuscharge a South African.
What a f*cking joke

If you are born in Wales and choose to play for Wales (within the rules), that’s fine. Some, like David Brookes, say that they feel more Welsh. Others, like Paul Dummet, just see it as a tokenistic way to play international football. I am not here to say who is Welsh and who isn’t.

But that has nothing to do with cricket, where the team is called England, sings Jerusalem and has three lions on the shirt, whilst pretending to somehow be Wales.

You can somehow pretend that it’s the ECWB, but it isn’t, it the ECB and most Welsh know that.

If you really want proof, go see the white (not red of Wales) post box on Queen Street and it’s covered in ‘Yes Cymru’ and ‘Football fans for Indy’ stickers.

At least us football lads can see the England cricket team for what it is. England.

And to finish, if you support the English cricket team, that’s fine. But don’t come onto a Welsh football forum and pretend that it’s the Welsh cricket team. If it was the Welsh cricket team, it would be called Wales. Simples.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 am

tcblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
What a f*cking joke

football fans for indy. ./.how about stop trying to hijack football with politics..
we play in the English pyramid system and im glad we do. so lets not get all hypocritical eh.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:38 am

Ask any Cricket supporter in Glamorgan's and nonprofessional teams, good teams in South Wales at that, if they would like to see a Wales Test team. The answer would be a definite No.

Christ! We are so up our own arises in this country. Even Afghanistan have Test Status..Ireland too..why not Wales??

The Arse lickers, doogooders, whatever you wish to call them, at Glamorgan CC hate the idea of a Wales Test team. Scotland even have a side. Why can't Wales, I ask.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Apart from about 3 people on here, no-one really gives a shit, they just like watching good sport.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:38 am

rumpo kid wrote:Apart from about 3 people on here, no-one really gives a shit, they just like watching good sport.

Nice one well said :thumbup: