Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why did Keith Cooper resign?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:04 am

Guess he was in a difficult position now biscdon st the jacks..

As match day hospitality speaker / host.

Re: Why did Keith Cooper resign

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 am

Maybe getting too much stick-untenable position nonetheless.Can you imagine his position if they beat us? :lol:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 am

Yeah I guess part of the position is to ridicule the jacks when possible, he would not of been able to do that with his son at the helm.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 am

What has he resigned from ?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 am

Matchday hospitality host

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 am

Very difficult decision I guess

Tough call

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:21 am

Bonner wrote:Yeah I guess part of the position is to ridicule the jacks when possible, he would not of been able to do that with his son at the helm.

well he could have stayed and just took the piss out of the wurzels ,

Re: Why did Keith Cooper resign?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 am

No matter how small, there is a conflict of interests due to family connections and maybe (hopefully just for now) he has stood down in the best interests of all parties at this time?

Those who know Keith will know he loves the Bluebirds but he also has scruples, so the above course of action is not one to be dismissed

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Sven wrote:No matter how small, there is a conflict of interests due to family connections and maybe (hopefully just for now) he has stood down in the best interests of all parties at this time?

Those who know Keith will know he loves the Bluebirds but he also has scruples, so the above course of action is not one to be dismissed

Yes he had to I guess
However, in his position, would you be able to go along and support your son?
I would not be able to, but I guess my son would understand and not take it personally .

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Bonner wrote:
Sven wrote:No matter how small, there is a conflict of interests due to family connections and maybe (hopefully just for now) he has stood down in the best interests of all parties at this time?

Yes he had to I guess
However, in his position, would you be able to go along and support your son?
I would not be able to, but I guess my son would understand and not take it personally .

That's a toughie, tbf!

I guess even as a Cardiff City supporter, Keith must be rightly proud of his son and the start he has made

As a Cardiff City supporter, he is bound to have mixed emotions when he sees them sit above his beloved club and it must also be a little odd for the boy himself, who is also a Bluebird at heart

Sadly (for us) I'm sure he won't let that stand in the way of him doing his job! ;) :(

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:58 pm

What conflict of interest ? the same could be said of his son at Swansea .More likely he couldn't take the abuse his son was getting from a small minded minority

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:

What conflict of interest ? the same could be said of his son at Swansea .More likely he couldn't take the abuse his son was getting from a small minded minority

No one is sure, which is why I only suggested :thumbup:

Has 'abuse' been aimed at Keith and/or his son personally other than on a thread? :?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Sven wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

Has 'abuse' been aimed at Keith and/or his son personally other than on a thread? :?

I don't do FB or Twitter but having seen the stuey thread I can imagine there has been a certain amount of abuse.
but as you say ,no one is sure, it just might be reasons other than football ?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 pm

deadmouse wrote:
Sven wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I don't do FB or Twitter but having seen the stuey thread I can imagine there has been a certain amount of abuse.
but as you say ,no one is sure, it just might be reasons other than football ?

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:15 pm

He was awful anyway long before his son was involved with Swansea. Proper cave man banter.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Family comes first before any club loyalty. So I guess he wanted Swans to do well.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:21 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Family comes first before any club loyalty. So I guess he wanted Swans to do well.

Or just his boy...and who wouldn't? :thumbright:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Sven wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Family comes first before any club loyalty. So I guess he wanted Swans to do well.

Looks very much that is the case

"Steve Cooper says he has fallen in love with Swansea City, but it has nothing to do with the fact his side sit top of the Championship table.

Cooper has enjoyed the best start of any head coach or manager in the club’s history, and a first win in 70 years at Elland Road sent them above Leeds to the summit of the second tier.

The former Liverpool academy boss was appointed in June, but his side have hit the ground running and he has already established a connection with the Jack Army, who heartily sang his name at full-time in the Yorkshire sunshine.

And Cooper spoke of how much he has enjoyed his short tenure to date, and the impact the people at the club and in the city have made on him.

Steve Cooper
“I've enjoyed it, not just because we've picked up a few points. I love the football club,” he said.

“It's a club I'm proud to be part of. The way the people, staff and supporters are when they come to the club, you can see they're proud as well. I'm just one of them.

“I've completely bought into what it stands for, it’s a lovely city, the people really have been welcoming to myself and my family.

“It's a great training ground, a great stadium and I hope the fans and the rest of the staff are seeing a group of coaching and performance staff and players doing their very best for the football club."

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

"Steve Cooper says he has fallen in love with Swansea City, but it has nothing to do with the fact his side sit top of the Championship table.

Cooper has enjoyed the best start of any head coach or manager in the club’s history, and a first win in 70 years at Elland Road sent them above Leeds to the summit of the second tier.

The former Liverpool academy boss was appointed in June, but his side have hit the ground running and he has already established a connection with the Jack Army, who heartily sang his name at full-time in the Yorkshire sunshine.

And Cooper spoke of how much he has enjoyed his short tenure to date, and the impact the people at the club and in the city have made on him.

Steve Cooper
“I've enjoyed it, not just because we've picked up a few points. I love the football club,” he said.

“It's a club I'm proud to be part of. The way the people, staff and supporters are when they come to the club, you can see they're proud as well. I'm just one of them.

“I've completely bought into what it stands for, it’s a lovely city, the people really have been welcoming to myself and my family.

“It's a great training ground, a great stadium and I hope the fans and the rest of the staff are seeing a group of coaching and performance staff and players doing their very best for the football club."

We believe you Mr Cooper, really we do :laughing6: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Steve Cooper

Imagine having one of your own managing your rivals. Getting them playing football, best start, top of the league all with mostly academy players. All this whilst you buy giants, adopt rugby style tactics with long throws, and have a hated manager who doesn't give a f**k as hes retiring next year.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Imagine what he will feel like when you come unstuck, start losing, and the fans start calling him Cardiff Scum...
Imagine how he will feel when he brings his team to the capital city and see’s what a proper atmosphere is like..

Steve Cooper

Imagine having one of your own managing your rivals. Getting them playing football, best start, top of the league all with mostly academy players. All this whilst you buy giants, adopt rugby style tactics with long throws, and have a hated manager who doesn't give a f**k as hes retiring next year.