Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What # ground?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:52 am

How many football ground ticks are you all on then?

I'm not doing too bad on 53

Re: What # ground?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:How many football ground ticks are you all on then?

You probably wont believe this but I swear its true. I was doing the exact same thing on Saturday because I didn't go to Blackburn and its one of those I haven't been on. And its 54!!!

I am an old git mind you so I probably have an unfair advantage.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

they keep knocking them down and moving...grrrr
but different people count different grounds...some only count ones they've seen a game.
others a Cardiff match
others will count ones they've just passed or flown over :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Actually whatching cardiff away I've done 72 I'd like to know how many vince Alm has done

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:03 pm

74 in the league for me and about 14 in non league but there again I'm another old git

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Been a fan since 1977 and season ticket holder for 15 years....but I’ve only done 20 league grounds (including ccfc) :old:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Does watching on tv count ?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:14 pm

thomasblue wrote:Does watching on tv count ?

:laughing5:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:35 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Been a fan since 1977 and season ticket holder for 15 years....but I’ve only done 20 league grounds (including ccfc) :old:

not good enough :lol: :lol:

get saving those kellogs packets.

http://cerealoffers.com/Kelloggs/Cornfl ... ckets.html

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 pm

Out of the current 92 I have done.

11 out of the 20 Premier League Clubs.

13 if you include been to 2 Brighton and 2 Bournemouth.

16 including us of the current Championship sides.

Only 7 if the current League 1 Clubs which surprised me, (Rotherham was their old ground though)

9 of the current League 2 sides.

Then 3 in the National League but Barnet was old ground.

Others outside of that are Scarborough which was my first ever away game and Feethams Darlingtom

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:00 pm

77 in the 92, and 23 non league.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 pm

Out of the current 92 league clubs 42 but many many more non league and non english grounds.

Out of the the league ones favorite away ground was Huddesrfield least favorite was Old Trafford what an utter shithole in a terrible location.

Non league worst ground St. Austell anyone that went their will no how bad their pitch was it was basically on a montain it sloped that much from end to end :lol:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 am

deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Been a fan since 1977 and season ticket holder for 15 years....but I’ve only done 20 league grounds (including ccfc) :old:

:old:
Just added 3 on a recount -
Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

done those 3 as well..Oxford was my 2nd away game ,took loads and there was a pitch invasion..what sh@@hole
to think they were to go on to play top tier and win a cup while we were destined for lower leagues..how the hell did that happen

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:40 pm

deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

done those 3 as well..Oxford was my 2nd away game ,took loads and there was a pitch invasion..what sh@@hole
to think they were to go on to play top tier and win a cup while we were destined for lower leagues..how the hell did that happen

Was that they year everyone ran across the pitch to get into the Oxford End? Sometime in the 70's. We went on the train and the police put us in the open end. There were about 150 City fans in the Oxford End. Just before the teams came on the pitch I went to the toilet and when I came back the open end was virtually empty. All I could see was hundreds running across the pitch and diving into the covered end on the opposite side of the pitch. Oh to be young again! I couldn't get over the wall now, let alone run the length of the pitch.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:58 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

Was that they year everyone ran across the pitch to get into the Oxford End? Sometime in the 70's. We went on the train and the police put us in the open end. There were about 150 City fans in the Oxford End. Just before the teams came on the pitch I went to the toilet and when I came back the open end was virtually empty. All I could see was hundreds running across the pitch and diving into the covered end on the opposite side of the pitch. Oh to be young again! I couldn't get over the wall now, let alone run the length of the pitch.

1972, was early in the season and like this season expectations were high..i was 14 and one of those on the pitch.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 pm

deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

One of my first too.
Len Ashurst promotion year. Jimmy Mullen on fence after scoring the equaliser. Frankie Humphries leafing a 4 man assault on the home end. Memories come flooding back.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:01 pm

27 for me done only 13 in championship so will tick loads of now

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm

deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

1972, was early in the season and like this season expectations were high..i was 14 and one of those on the pitch.

That was it. I remember a sunny day. Cos me and my mate were virtually the only ones left on the open end we had to try and make our way back to the station on our own- which is a long way. Nearly got attacked by some City fans in a mini van until Peggy - remember him? - realised we were Cardiff.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:46 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

That was it. I remember a sunny day. Cos me and my mate were virtually the only ones left on the open end we had to try and make our way back to the station on our own- which is a long way. Nearly got attacked by some City fans in a mini van until Peggy - remember him? - realised we were Cardiff.

yes I do remember him. :lol:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 am

deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

He was a well known City fan at the time. Think he was Scottish. He would have been a few year older than me, in his early twenties at the time I suspect. I think he moved away.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 am

JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Man City - Maine road
Oxford - Manor Ground
Lincoln - Sincil Bank

He was a well known City fan at the time. Think he was Scottish. He would have been a few year older than me, in his early twenties at the time I suspect. I think he moved away.

ive PMd you

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 am

deadmouse wrote:

they keep knocking them down and moving...grrrr
but different people count different grounds...some only count ones they've seen a game.
others a Cardiff match
others will count ones they've just passed or flown over :lol: :lol:

Actually I flew over London this morning. The view into Brisbane Road, The London Stadium, Stamford bridge and Craven Cottage was almost comparable to the away seating at St James park. I gave up counting long ago when they started going down rather than up. Some of us are old enough to have seen us City play some teams at 3 or even in the case of Brighton 4 grounds. I gave up trying to work out where Wimbledon finished and Milton Keynes started. There's 4 there and that's not including the new Wimbledon.

I love football grounds, better full and better still when Cardiff are playing but full of atmosphere even when empty. This time yesterday I was dragging the wife round the Luzhniki stadium in Moscow. On Saturday we were in the home of Zenit St Petersburg. Never likely to see City play these grounds but Wales maybe.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Only 3 not ticked off - Norwich, Ipswich and Plymouth. Done the rest over the past 35 years.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Northwest_Bluebird wrote:Only 3 not ticked off - Norwich, Ipswich and Plymouth. Done the rest over the past 35 years.

Tbf mate they are pretty long, arduous journeys

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Northwest_Bluebird wrote:Only 3 not ticked off - Norwich, Ipswich and Plymouth. Done the rest over the past 35 years.

I got up to 75 league grounds but its dropped through new stadiums and clubs relegated to non league , and its more likely to drop further than grow unless we drop a division.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Surely you haven’t done Salford yet?

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:01 pm

phildavies wrote:

Surely you haven’t done Salford yet?

possibly he did it prior to them going up ?