Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Borrowed time

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:26 pm

I have seen a lot of people starting to turn on warnock and to be honest he brings it on himself with his dated tactics of just hoofing it up pitch and winning second balls, that’s why no quality players want to join a warnock team cos they want the ball to feet. Between his poor style of play and his dated tactics which are great if you are winning every week but if your not winning you’re just a shit team playing shit football. I for one can understand fans getting issued off to cos we work hard all week and get away from the family on a sat for a day off with friends to watch the team we love but it’s not even enjoyable watching our players just thump it in the air. We played tomlin the last two after criticism of the managers style and amazingly we played a bit more football what a shocker. Where do you stand at the moment I really think it’s tome to get rid and bring in someone who genuinely wants to play good football, I’d take dj and failing in the play offs every day over the tripe being served up at the moment

Re: Borrowed time

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Reza wrote:I have seen a lot of people starting to turn on warnock and to be honest he brings it on himself with his dated tactics of just hoofing it up pitch and winning second balls, that’s why no quality players want to join a warnock team cos they want the ball to feet. Between his poor style of play and his dated tactics which are great if you are winning every week but if your not winning you’re just a shit team playing shit football. I for one can understand fans getting issued off to cos we work hard all week and get away from the family on a sat for a day off with friends to watch the team we love but it’s not even enjoyable watching our players just thump it in the air. We played tomlin the last two after criticism of the managers style and amazingly we played a bit more football what a shocker. Where do you stand at the moment I really think it’s tome to get rid and bring in someone who genuinely wants to play good football, I’d take dj and failing in the play offs every day over the tripe being served up at the moment

And what about the players we got as you know most managers like certain type of players ! New manager now would have up work with what he's got thats a recipe for disaster if get managerial appointment wrong?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm

I love all this nonsense about us just hoofing it. We play down the wings and play some good football at times when attacking g.

Their are things that I you can criticise Warnock for (not pressing high enough up the pitch, the aimless long throws and being to defensive mined away from home especially in the prem for example) but this idea that we are terrible to watch is idiotic. Go watch a lot of the other teams in this league who pass it aimlessly at the back without going anywhere I would much prefer to watch us than them.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:05 pm

I tend ignore these sort of ridiculous posts. I assume the OP is talking about the same manager who got us promoted from this division just the season before last.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Definitely not.

It’s not the managers fault the players have started this season half heartedly.

In fact he’s noticed it and given them a kick up the ass and performances have started to improve.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I tend ignore these sort of ridiculous posts. I assume the OP is talking about the same manager who got us promoted from this division just the season before last.

Saves me typing thanks mate :thumbup:

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I tend ignore these sort of ridiculous posts. I assume the OP is talking about the same manager who got us promoted from this division just the season before last.

Saves me typing thanks mate :thumbup:

And me - too many of these type on this board.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 am

Roathie has been cloned again...

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:40 am

But the same manager that didn't have a clue how to keep you there,he wasted the first half of the season trying to play his Championship hoof ball tactics,that doesn't work against Prem. defences.your game improved slightly when the penny dropped but too late. Dump him.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 am

Jackflash wrote:

But the same manager that didn't have a clue how to keep you there,he wasted the first half of the season trying to play his Championship hoof ball tactics,that doesn't work against Prem. defences.your game improved slightly when the penny dropped but too late. Dump him.

You really did miss the point of the post you replied to.