Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Fulham?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Cardiff City win
27%
Fulham win
49%
Draw
24%

Total votes : 41

MATCH THREAD " CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM " MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:30 pm

CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM
Friday 30th August 2019, 7.45pm
SkyBet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

I can't get to Cardiff City Stadium, is the match on TV?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports.

Neil Etheridge out for another month.
Mendez-Laing our injured.
Marlon Pack out for 3 weeks.
Callum Paterson 50-50.
Matt Connolly another 2 months out.
Danny Ward a few more weeks out.

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF FANS :bluebird:

About Fulham

Fulham Football Club is a professional association football club based in Fulham, London, England. They compete in the EFL Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded in 1879, they are the oldest football club from London to play in the Football League.

The club has spent 26 seasons in English football's top division, the majority of these in two spells during the 1960s and 2000s. The latter spell was associated with former chairman Mohamed Al-Fayed, after the club had climbed up from the fourth tier in the 1990s. Fulham have reached two major finals: in 1975, as a Second Division team, they contested the FA Cup Final for the only time in their history, losing 2–0 to West Ham United, and in 2010 they reached the final of the UEFA Europa League, which they contested with Atlético Madrid in Hamburg, losing 2–1 after extra time.

Fulham's main rivalries are with fellow West London clubs Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and Brentford.

Previous Meeting

We lost 1-0 at Fulham in April of this year. Ryan Babel scored the winner eleven minutes from time in the Premier League fixture.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Smithies, Peltier, Morrison, Flint, Bennett, Ralls, Bacuna, Tomlin, Whyte, Murphy, Glatzel

Fulham: Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Mawson, Team, Bryan, Cairney, Arter, Johansen, Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic

Form - Last Three Games  

Cardiff City 0-3 Luton Town
Blackburn Rovers 0-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-1 Huddersfield Town

Fulham 0-1 Southampton
Fulham 1-2 Nottingham Forest
Fulham 4-0 Millwall

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 7/4
Fulham - 31/20
Draw - 11/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM " MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Both teams lost at home tonight in the Carabao Cup.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:17 pm

I’m scared

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Both teams lost at home tonight in the Carabao Cup.

Slight difference in quality of opposition.

But anyway I can see some Neil Warnock magic happening Friday night and we get a 2-0 win

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Both teams lost at home tonight in the Carabao Cup.

Slight difference in quality of opposition.

But anyway I can see some Neil Warnock magic happening Friday night and we get a 2-0 win

I wish I shared your optimism. We simply are not clinical enough with the few chances we create and we are getting punished for it. I think a draw will be a decent result with the way things are going at the moment. Another 3 nil drubbing with 20odd % possession and I think the fans concerns over the current team, tactics and Warnock will be fully justified. Hopefully I am wrong though!

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Im not looking forward to watching our midfield and in particular Lee Peltier, Aden Flint, and Sean Morrison playing against the movement and quality of players like Arter, Cairney, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, and Mitrovic. Gonna have to go for Cardiff City 2-3 Fulham.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:25 pm

We’ll get passed of the park and it could be a long night, but if we dig in I fancy us for a point

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Im not looking forward to watching our midfield and in particular Lee Peltier, Aden Flint, and Sean Morrison playing against the movement and quality of players like Arter, Cairney, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, and Mitrovic. Gonna have to go for Cardiff City 2-3 Fulham.

Wouldn't worry to much they had 77%, possession Saturday and still lost at home ... but take point could go tits up or they could be frustrated and we'll win by 2

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Beat Foolham and we go above them as they aint Real Madrid as some of our fan's think.

I'm backing the manager to get a big result here :bluebird:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Cardiff City midfielder Marlon Pack is ahead of schedule in his bid to return to full fitness, Wales Online have reported.

It was revealed by Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock last week, that Pack could be set to miss the next two months of the season after tearing his hamstring just 23 minutes into his second appearance for the club – a 3-0 defeat away at Reading.

Now however, it has been claimed that Pack could set to return to action within the next three to four weeks, after responding well to rehab during his recovery, something which will provide welcome news for Warnock, who had been exploring the possibility of a short-term replacement for Pack in the free-agent market following the midfielder’s injury.

There is however less positive news with regards to defender Matthew Connolly, who has suffered a setback in his bid to return from an ankle injury, and may now have to undergo another procedure to address the issue.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 am

2-0 win for us coming up :ayatollah:

Smithies

Peltier
Morrison
Flint
Bennett

Bacuna
Ralls

NML (assuming he is fit)
Tomlin
Murphy

Glatzel

Re: TEAM NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM " MATCH THREAD

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Injury update 29/08/19

Neil Etheridge out for another month.
Mendez-Laing our injured.
Marlon Pack out for 3 weeks.
Callum Paterson 50-50.
Matt Connolly another 2 months out.
Danny Ward a few more weeks out.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:19 pm

4-0 to Fulham

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:4-0 to Fulham

That’s the spirit

:roll:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:42 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

That’s the spirit

Not my fault i haven't seen anything to think otherwise, i'd love us to win just don't think we will

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Cardiff will aim to make it three wins in three home league games this season on Friday when they face Scott Parker's side, who were also relegated from the Premier League in May.

Warnock feels there is more to come from his team after a mixed start to their Championship campaign, and says they will be "underdogs" against Fulham.

"We enjoy that," Warnock said. "We have nothing to worry about - I don't think there's anybody in this league we should worry about.

"But what we have to do is take our opportunities when they come.

"We know they will have a lot of possession because that's how they play. If they get the chances we have had, they will beat us because they will put them away.

"We have got to hope people like Robert [Glatzel] start putting them away. We need the centre-halves to chip in at free-kicks - we need some goals. It's time to stand up really."

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:44 am

They will have too much pace for our dormant midfield and defence
1-3

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 am

Not confident at all I am afraid Loss 3 - 1

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 am

Cant wait for this one, even the mrs is coming along. Come on bluebirds

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am

2.1 city

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:20 am

That’s the spirit

:lol:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

I dunno about the result ,we are not on form ,but you never know with our lot
Draw maybe

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:

That’s the spirit

Not my fault i haven't seen anything to think otherwise, i'd love us to win just don't think we will

have you seen fulham this season?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am

No ,I assume they r good tho !!!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

That’s the spirit

You mean the team currently above us with more wins and a better goal difference

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

That’s the spirit

You mean the team currently above us with more wins and a better goal difference

yes them.. not hit the ground running at all, similar to us. :thumbup:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Like I said before expect a 2-0 win for us but hopefully we can stick 4 past them just like when they came here last year after being massively overhyped by the media and many on here.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Glatzel needs to start firing for tonight. They will look to pass us to death in midfield and they have players that can hurt us up front.
That said, we are due a good performance and three points.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

That’s the spirit

Oooooh we're on one less win than them,that's us f@cked then :laughing5: as people have aluded to,they ain't real Madrid ffs,I fancy us to edge it by the odd goal,with Glatzel getting off the mark :thumbup: :old: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: MATCH THREAD " CARDIFF CITY v FULHAM " MATCH THREAD

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Deluded mate whyte in the team looks like a headless chicken hasn’t taken on one player in the games played this game needed Hoilett 1-4 result