Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " WARNOCK'S SECOND TEAM JUST PROVED "

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 pm

MY VIEW " NEIL WARNOCK'S SECOND TEAM PROVED THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH "

For me this just proved that the second string players are nowhere good enough, to lose like the to a weak Luton team.

Neil Warnock named a second string team with only Aden Flint and Gavin Whyte also in the team for Blackburn away.

There were six players from the academy in the 18 man squad :ayatollah:

Day, Coxe, Brown, Flint, Nelson, Vaulks, Paterson, Whyte, Hoilett, Bogle, Vassell

Cardiff started brightly with Omar Bogle having a couple of early chances.

Joe Day made an impressive save to deny Luton halfway through the first half.

Luton grew into the game and were getting the better chances as the first half went on.

But the Bluebirds should have taken the lead pm 37 minutes, with Vassell shooting straight at the goalkeeper.

GOAL: Luton took the lead in the 43rd minute with the ball going in off Junior Hoilett.

HALF TIME: CARDIFF CITY 0-1 LUTON TOWN

Shamar Moore replaced Isaac Vassell at half time.

Not much was happening in the first 15 minutes of the second half, with City trying to get forward to get back in the game.

GOAL: Luton doubled their lead in the 63rd minute, Sheehan scoring direct from a free kick.

Warnock responded by bringing Gary Madine on for Omar Bogle two minutes later.

GOAL: Jervis got Luton's 3rd with 20 minutes to go.

James Waite then replaced Gavin Whyte.

FULL TIME: Cardiff City 0-3 Luton Town

Re: MY VIEW " WARNOCK'S SECOND TEAM JUST PROVED "

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm

There are SEVEN warnock signings in that line up pissed away money

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Make that 9 sorry

DEANO wrote:There are SEVEN warnock signings in that line up pissed away money

This^^^^

Paterson and Vaulks were horrendous! One of the worst midfield displays I’ve ever seen.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:44 pm

10 surely? Only Coxe was home grown, Brown came from Wealdstone. The board need to move Warnock upstairs sooner rather than later, will be too late at Christmas.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Eight of the starting 11 are Sir Neils signings and first team squad players.

Didn't attend so can't express too much comment but stats and scoreline speak for themselves.

NW always happy to surrender possession on basis games are won and lost in either penalty area. Another blank up front and three goals conceded makes a mockery of willingness not to keep the ball.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Vauks is really struggling to settle in a City shirt. Like all new signings he deserves time but I really worry what this lad will bring to the side eventually.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

We were never prolific scorers under warnock not only have we continued not to score we are now leaking lots of goals not a good mixture

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Just simple embarrassing tonight end off

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Was a pathetic second half but we should have scored 3 in the first half if Bogle wasn’t greedy and Vassell could finish. Would have been a diffrent game problem with us in cup comps is Warnock clearly doesn’t care about them. That could be seen from our second half performance would have loved to hear the HT team talk as the players didn’t even look like they cared in that second half.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:51 pm

feel sorry for you m8 having to put up with a performance like that , i,m a st holder didnt go tonight half expected this sort of result expect a big reaction on friday sort it out NW

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 pm

dorsetblue wrote:10 surely? Only Coxe was home grown, Brown came from Wealdstone. The board need to move Warnock upstairs sooner rather than later, will be too late at Christmas.

Move him upstairs to do what role? Player recruitment? :shock:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 pm

phildavies wrote:Was a pathetic second half but we should have scored 3 in the first half if Bogle wasn’t greedy and Vassell could finish. Would have been a diffrent game problem with us in cup comps is Warnock clearly doesn’t care about them. That could be seen from our second half performance would have loved to hear the HT team talk as the players didn’t even look like they cared in that second half.

And that is not acceptable. Any player who puts on a City shirt should play for it whatever the competition. Warnock always says that the crowd stick behind this team because they give 100%. Well Neil, this season I am not sure they are doing that and ultimately that's down to you.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Majority of these players are first team players.

Joe Day
Cameron Coxe
Curtis Nelson
Aden Flint
Ciaron Brown
Will Vaulks
Callum Paterson
Gavin Whyte
Junior Hoilett
Omar Bogle
Isaac Vassell

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:59 pm

dorsetblue wrote:10 surely? Only Coxe was home grown, Brown came from Wealdstone. The board need to move Warnock upstairs sooner rather than later, will be too late at Christmas.

Upstairs !!?? Really ?? Nobody would take the job ! :lol:

Seriously, I hope he can get the team up for Friday”s game :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Paterson and Vaulks were horrendous! One of the worst midfield displays I’ve ever seen.

I completely agree. Both were terrible. Vaulks has the physical strength of a 6 year old

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 pm

I happen to think it was a fantastic game we were very unlucky not to score and to concede 3 goals :shock:

What can I say :? The whole team had an off day and we were only playing majority of our firsts against Luton :roll:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Same as every cup game since Warnock has been here. He has no interest in the cup and that obviously runs down to the players. Didn't warnock once say he didn't want to get out of bed for a game.

We have made to many poor transfers for this to be sorted quickly.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Can say same for quit a few teams tonight looking at results
But is anyone actually surprised? Ut is what it is as no bearing on Friday game:old:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 pm

People saying we made loads of changes but Luton made just as many changes as we did. Cup or not, that’s a pretty embarrassing result when you consider we had a lot of first team players playing

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:19 pm

That performance was just like watching us in the dungeon in the eighties.
To see Luton second string pass around us in midfield was shocking.
So much for having a strong squad.

Day never a championship goalie
Nelson never a championship defender
Whyte, works his socks off But gives nothing up front
Vassell looks a stone overweight, puffing and panting after 25 minutes.

It's going to be a long season and our next manager will need to move many of these players on.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:05 pm

fred keenor wrote:That performance was just like watching us in the dungeon in the eighties.
To see Luton second string pass around us in midfield was shocking.
So much for having a strong squad.

Day never a championship goalie
Nelson never a championship defender
Whyte, works his socks off But gives nothing up front
Vassell looks a stone overweight, puffing and panting after 25 minutes.

It's going to be a long season and our next manager will need to move many of these players on.

Gonna take a heavy loss on transfer fees and wages....just like we did with OGS when we were last relegated.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 pm

joeywills98 wrote:People saying we made loads of changes but Luton made just as many changes as we did. Cup or not, that’s a pretty embarrassing result when you consider we had a lot of first team players playing

Agree .

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:31 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
phildavies wrote:Was a pathetic second half but we should have scored 3 in the first half if Bogle wasn’t greedy and Vassell could finish. Would have been a diffrent game problem with us in cup comps is Warnock clearly doesn’t care about them. That could be seen from our second half performance would have loved to hear the HT team talk as the players didn’t even look like they cared in that second half.

And that is not acceptable. Any player who puts on a City shirt should play for it whatever the competition. Warnock always says that the crowd stick behind this team because they give 100%. Well Neil, this season I am not sure they are doing that and ultimately that's down to you.

Madine was the worst when he came on just walked about moping complete disgrace and waste of money.

Patterson, Coxe, Brown and Waite when he came on we’re the only players that looked they gave a shit in that second half. As for Bogle he has to be the greediest player I can remember playing for us. Should have laid Hoilett up for an easy goal.

Do t understand the hatred of Vaulks on here tonight though in the first half was our best player closing down from the front making tqckles etc.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:36 pm

phildavies wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Madine was the worst when he came on just walked about moping complete disgrace and waste of money.

Patterson, Coxe, Brown and Waite when he came on we’re the only players that looked they gave a shit in that second half. As for Bogle he has to be the greediest player I can remember playing for us. Should have laid Hoilett up for an easy goal.

Do t understand the hatred of Vaulks on here tonight though in the first half was our best player closing down from the front making tqckles etc.

hatred? he has been poor and people have said as much. ill take your word for it he played better tonight

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:43 pm

2 seasons ago we lost to Burton they ended up being relegated and we were promoted I know we are all disappointed but don't lose faith guys also I was at the game tonight

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 am

Friday is crucial now

Announcing is departure date at the start of the season has a negative effect - nobody seems to be trying

Lose Friday and a handshake and wish him all the best

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 am

Chickens coming home to roost :cry:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:24 am

I said in the summer the squad and new signings were poor.

Now its showing

Too many lower league players in the squad. Let's be honest we have gone from a squad at the beginning of the window that just needed 2 decent midfielders to be capable of promotion , to a bang average championship side.

We lost 9 quality players in Manga, Reid, Zohore, Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa, Cunningham , Harris and Damour.

We then replaced them with league 1 and 2 players who apparently have potential.

It was a joke of a window and Warnock has to take the blame because he spent a lot of money for this level .

Our squad is poor