Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock delighted with tonight

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Warnock will be delighted with that result tonight.

I can't remeber one cup game since he's been here that he's taken seriously. He's all about the league and like many other managers he see's the cups as distractions.

Re: Warnock delighted with tonight

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

It's short sighted in my view as winning games breeds confidence even if its the second team. The first time are under absolutely no pressure now seeing that pile of crap. Healthy competition is needed in any successful team.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Man City he took serious.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:52 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:It's short sighted in my view as winning games breeds confidence even if its the second team. The first time are under absolutely no pressure now seeing that pile of crap. Healthy competition is needed in any successful team.

Nah we there just extra games and we haven’t got the squad to play them all.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:00 pm

nubbsy wrote:Warnock will be delighted with that result tonight.

I can't remeber one cup game since he's been here that he's taken seriously. He's all about the league and like many other managers he see's the cups as distractions.

Went the next league game and no one will give a dicky

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 pm

theclaw wrote:Man City he took serious.

I don't think he had much choice in that though did he or we could have lost 15-0 and they had to put a show on for the 30,000 plus crowd

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:06 pm

RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:Man City he took serious.

I don't think he had much choice in that though did he or we could have lost 15-0 and they had to put a show on for the 30,000 plus crowd

Tooo right

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Fans delighted too

A crowd of 4k shows exactly what people think of the cup

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Fans delighted too

more moaners on here than those who actually bothered to turn up..wicked

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 am

deadmouse wrote:

I couldnt careless about the cup but that doesn't make it acceptable or any less concerning.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

I couldnt careless about the cup but that doesn't make it acceptable or any less concerning.

don't see why its concerning. these early rounds in both cups are now almost a toss of a coin. teams thrown together , 3rd choice keeper , a few fringe players a few kids a couple of first teamers..its how most managers treat it and how MM treated it the year we got to the final and the following year . Warnocks 1st cup game here against Fulham was terrible .
I did not go and haven't gone to an early round of the cup for 20 years or more because the chances of this happening are quite high..your actually better off going to watch the u23s where at least the team is the u23s with maybe a couple coming back from injury not this mix and match game

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 am

EastleighBlue wrote:It's short sighted in my view as winning games breeds confidence even if its the second team. The first time are under absolutely no pressure now seeing that pile of crap. Healthy competition is needed in any successful team.

Spot on.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 am

Best post on his lack of interest in cups :thumbup:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 am

I would prefer a Cup run as they do build momentum.

However, going out in the early rounds is not fatal, we lost to Macclesfield in the 3rd round of the FA Cup under MM in the season we went up and we lost to Burton in the early rounds of the League Cup last time we went up under NW.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:24 am

JulesK wrote:

who is the last Cardiff manager to take these games serious ?
it has zero bearing on the league or confidence as the 2 promotions we have won have come on the back of fielding very weak cup teams and losing against other very weak teams proves.....4k should scream that at you but eh oh...more shocked that anyone is saying otherwise than the result..

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:32 am

deadmouse wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

don't see why its concerning. these early rounds in both cups are now almost a toss of a coin. teams thrown together , 3rd choice keeper , a few fringe players a few kids a couple of first teamers..its how most managers treat it and how MM treated it the year we got to the final and the following year . Warnocks 1st cup game here against Fulham was terrible .
I did not go and haven't gone to an early round of the cup for 20 years or more because the chances of this happening are quite high..your actually better off going to watch the u23s where at least the team is the u23s with maybe a couple coming back from injury not this mix and match game

It's not concerning we lost but the manner of it, again no goals and it seems the squad as little in terms of back up.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 am

It's not going out of a cup.
Its conceding three goals at home, not being able to score and the proof that our back up is poor. A side full of Sir Neils signings all over the pitch.

I suppose Bacuna would have made a difference!!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I would prefer a Cup run as they do build momentum.

However, going out in the early rounds is not fatal, we lost to Macclesfield in the 3rd round of the FA Cup under MM in the season we went up and we lost to Burton in the early rounds of the League Cup last time we went up under NW.

yes . in all those instances momentum was not a factor. how can it be when they are totally different teams...at any level a mix and match /reserve game has little or no bearing on the 1st team.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:43 am

The year West Ham pissed all over in the playoffs was the same year we lost in the cup to liverpool.The players I remember were dead on their feet and did themselves no justice in the playoffs and the cup run didn't help at all.I'm not sure delight is the right word but I didn't lose any sleep over it and I doubt the gaffer did either.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 am

West Ham were better than us. They won five more league games and had 11 more points.

We got knocked out of FA cup in third round by wba.

Carling Cup final was end of February. That had nothing to do with losing two matches in May to a better side that I think has then been in PL ever since.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:35 pm

deadmouse wrote:
JulesK wrote:

it has zero bearing on the league or confidence as the 2 promotions we have won have come on the back of fielding very weak cup teams and losing against other very weak teams proves.....4k should scream that at you but eh oh...more shocked that anyone is saying otherwise than the result..

Eh oh ??? WTF!! Have I said anything about bearing on league? NO so shut the f**k up as I am not fussed doing nearly 6 hour round trip to watch Warnock pick a pile of shite then moan about not having time.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:43 pm

JulesK wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Eh oh ??? WTF!! Have I said anything about bearing on league? NO so shut the f**k up as I am not fussed doing nearly 6 hour round trip to watch Warnock pick a pile of shite then moan about not having time.

winning breeds confidence and all that total nonsense about putting pressure on 1st team players wasn't in reference to future league form... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Deadmouse, sorry that was very rude of me and uncalled for :thumbup:

All that driving, some prat scraping car in carpark then Warnock comes out with his usual bulls**t, getting fed up with it all now, maybe feel better with a point Friday, cannot see us getting anything else.