Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY'S LOWEST CROWD AT THE CCS

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:First game i didn't go to for a while , knew we would lose why should fans take it seriously when warnock obviously doesn't

I don’t get that view though.

These players are the ones Warnock bought. He brought them into the club with the understanding they were good enough to beat teams in your own league, so how does playing those players mean he wasn’t taking it seriously? If I felt any manager wasn’t taking a match seriously then I would want him immediately sacked.

Bogle
Vassell
Vaulks
Paterson
Hoilett
Whyte
Flint
Day

All those were in the starting line up and are all serious contenders to play league games (in fact they all do play don’t they?)

It’s not like he trotted out the development squad.

its a stronger side than some previous managers have put out in cup games.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:45 pm

deadmouse wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:First game i didn't go to for a while , knew we would lose why should fans take it seriously when warnock obviously doesn't

These players are the ones Warnock bought. He brought them into the club with the understanding they were good enough to beat teams in your own league, so how does playing those players mean he wasn’t taking it seriously? If I felt any manager wasn’t taking a match seriously then I would want him immediately sacked.

Bogle
Vassell
Vaulks
Paterson
Hoilett
Whyte
Flint
Day

All those were in the starting line up and are all serious contenders to play league games (in fact they all do play don’t they?)

Agree. I think it’s an excuse to say Warnock didn’t take it seriously.

The games are thick and fast at the moment so rotation is key. But that was not a reserve side, the vast majority of that starting 11 are players you would expect to be on the pitch in some form or another in a league game.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:56 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

Bogle
Vassell
Vaulks
Paterson
Hoilett
Whyt
Flint
Day

Agree. I think it’s an excuse to say Warnock didn’t take it seriously.

The games are thick and fast at the moment so rotation is key. But that was not a reserve side, the vast majority of that starting 11 are players you would expect to be on the pitch in some form or another in a league game.

7 or 8 of the team playing Last night are not automatic 1st team players some are mainly subs and only start if others injured . If correct only 2 or 3 of above players started Saturday... so wasn't last night a reserve side?
But will say squad is weak particularly in some areas

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm

No, a reserve side is a side of reserves, in other words - those outside a normal matchday squad. So much so they used to have a reserve league in order to keep reserves match fitness up. 2 of that 11 could be classed as reserves.

Whether they started the last match or not isn’t a really telling stat. Bogle for example is someone who people are calling to start over Glatzel. Andre Ayew hasn’t started all our games and he’s probably the best player in the league.

9 of that starting 11 was either starting the last league match, came on as sub or was on the bench ready to come on when called.

If these players aren’t good enough to even compete with a poor Luton side... then what on earth are they doing in a Championship matchday said would be my question.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Was a pathetic turnout. Well done to the other 4000 Cardiff fans their with me last night to watch that disgrace of a second half performance.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:40 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:I’m a massive fan of Warnock, but after a cup defeat to Fulham a couple of years ago he didn’t seem to bothered. At that point, I thought why am I wasting my time and money and refused to attend any other cup games and keep my enthusiastic and vocal support for league matches. :bluescarf:

I went last night and rarely miss cup matches the Fulham game you speak about actually frustrated me at the time because we should have put a strong team out that day because we needed a cup run we weren’t going to get promotion or get relegated it would have sparked great interest and kept the season alive another defeat I remember was Shrewsbury under slade we lost that one as well a cup run would have kept the season alive Shrewsbury went on to play man united

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:50 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:I’m a massive fan of Warnock, but after a cup defeat to Fulham a couple of years ago he didn’t seem to bothered. At that point, I thought why am I wasting my time and money and refused to attend any other cup games and keep my enthusiastic and vocal support for league matches. :bluescarf:

I went last night and rarely miss cup matches the Fulham game you speak about actually frustrated me at the time because we should have put a strong team out that day because we needed a cup run we weren’t going to get promotion or get relegated it would have sparked great interest and kept the season alive another defeat I remember was Shrewsbury under slade we lost that one as well a cup run would have kept the season alive Shrewsbury went on to play man united

we had won 5 of our 13 games under NW when that Fulham game was played.. promotion no but not out of the woods regarding relegation.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:More than I expected to be honest.

Knowing how much interest Warnock has in cup games I couldn't think of anything worse. Shame as I think it can be a good source of income.

Yes was surprised it was 4k considering fans knew we'll play weakened side as well as Luton doing so...plus our history in cups :old:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:56 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:I was wondering what the excuses would be. Seems like it’s the cup’s fault this time :D

If you'd have watched,it was as if they were training :o but hey ho,seeing as you regard it as a MAJOR trophy (as you won it ;) )managers just have no interest in it,look at results tonight,and the line ups of most teams,were certainly not all first teamers, personally glad we are out,the championship is a long old season, f@ck the cup I say :ayatollah: and don't bother with the retort of "well you would say that" this is how I feel most seasons,it's not good or financially viable any more,now the fa cup is the only one clubs want on their cv,unless like man city,you are looking to do the quadruple. :old: :bluebird:

It’s nothing to do with what I regard as a major trophy, it IS a major trophy as it is a direct route to Europe through the major league in Europe. Line ups get changed in the FA Cup too and the Europa League. That’s not because cups aren’t important, it’s because retaining League status has become financially paramount. I think the only Cup competition that doesn’t tempt managers to tinker is the Champions League.

Them playing badly is of no consequence to anything. As fusilier pointed out above, that wasn’t to be known prior to the match. It looked like they were going through the motions when I watched them against Reading too.

Route to Europe lol...it’s an achievement but then just a pain in the A roathie and you know it. Wolves now, Everton and Burnely before, it could almost relegate you with the extra fixtures....just a ball ache and if the big clubs end up in it like arsenal and Chelsea they consider themselves too big for it, and another ball ache with games in obscure places on a Thursday. Europa league is a bit like the league cup....nothing until the semi final. :wave:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:58 pm

phildavies wrote:Was a pathetic turnout. Well done to the other 4000 Cardiff fans their with me last night to watch that disgrace of a second half performance.

Players and club dont care and they are all loaded, why should fans who have little cash bother? Their decision proved to be justified dint you think....

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:18 pm

goats wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:I was wondering what the excuses would be. Seems like it’s the cup’s fault this time :D

If you'd have watched,it was as if they were training :o but hey ho,seeing as you regard it as a MAJOR trophy (as you won it ;) )managers just have no interest in it,look at results tonight,and the line ups of most teams,were certainly not all first teamers, personally glad we are out,the championship is a long old season, f@ck the cup I say :ayatollah: and don't bother with the retort of "well you would say that" this is how I feel most seasons,it's not good or financially viable any more,now the fa cup is the only one clubs want on their cv,unless like man city,you are looking to do the quadruple. :old: :bluebird:

It’s nothing to do with what I regard as a major trophy, it IS a major trophy as it is a direct route to Europe through the major league in Europe. Line ups get changed in the FA Cup too and the Europa League. That’s not because cups aren’t important, it’s because retaining League status has become financially paramount. I think the only Cup competition that doesn’t tempt managers to tinker is the Champions League.

Them playing badly is of no consequence to anything. As fusilier pointed out above, that wasn’t to be known prior to the match. It looked like they were going through the motions when I watched them against Reading too.

Route to Europe lol...it’s an achievement but then just a pain in the A roathie and you know it. Wolves now, Everton and Burnely before, it could almost relegate you with the extra fixtures....just a ball ache and if the big clubs end up in it like arsenal and Chelsea they consider themselves too big for it, and another ball ache with games in obscure places on a Thursday. Europa league is a bit like the league cup....nothing until the semi final. :wave:

Need look who as won Efl cup in last 17 finals it has been top 6 teams with exception of 3 teams..... and only 7 losers outside top 6
shows it doesn't matter what team put out wont get to a final . No wonder clubs dont view it as worthwhile. :old:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Does it really matter??

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Does it really matter??

Going out cup no tbh performance is irrelevant as well because Friday wont be same type of game played .

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Put a team out to win (especially at home)and you may end up with 30,000 cheering you on at Wembley

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Need look who as won Efl cup in last 17 finals it has been top 6 teams with exception of 3 teams..... and only 7 losers outside top 6
shows it doesn't matter what team put out wont get to a final . No wonder clubs dont view it as worthwhile. :old:

That’s some warped reasoning you have there :D

Keep the excuses coming, this has been a truly incredible and eye opening thread.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:25 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Keep the excuses coming, this has been a truly incredible and eye opening thread.

Shouldnt you be at the liability cheering your side on or are you just a wum here ? :bluebird:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm

Ninianman wrote:Put a team out to win (especially at home)and you may end up with 30,000 cheering you on at Wembley

Get promoted and get a bigger crowd cheering you on most weeks

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Shouldnt you be at the liability cheering your side on or are you just a wum here ? :bluebird:

This clown isn't a jack, more like another troll that infests this board when he's pissed.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:12 pm

cityone wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

This clown isn't a jack, more like another troll that infests this board when he's pissed.

Troll definitely only looks for reaction by being pathetically an imitation of a swans fan! Hes on my disappearance list so i cant see him respond to my posts thank fck :thumbup:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:37 pm

For completion:-

8,763 at the Liberty today against league 2 opposition.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:06 am

If I remember correctly the FA Cup match against Colchester back in early 2015 was our previous lowest attendance at CCS... not exactly thrilled to say I was at both

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact we have two midweek evening games this week. Surely that would have had some kind of impact? I have to leave work early to be able to make night games, something I can only realistically do once a week. I'm sure I am not the only person in that situation.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm

CymroBluebird wrote:If I remember correctly the FA Cup match against Colchester back in early 2015 was our previous lowest attendance at CCS... not exactly thrilled to say I was at both

I was at that one as well

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm

CymroBluebird wrote:If I remember correctly the FA Cup match against Colchester back in early 2015 was our previous lowest attendance at CCS... not exactly thrilled to say I was at both

I was at that one as well :bluescarf:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:35 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact we have two midweek evening games this week. Surely that would have had some kind of impact? I have to leave work early to be able to make night games, something I can only realistically do once a week. I'm sure I am not the only person in that situation.

Does to me as I'm on holiday and cant go to either (only the 2nd cup game I've missed at the CCS).

3points tonight would make up for not being there.

Come on City.