Cardiff City have been speaking to potential new signings an

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Cardiff City have been speaking to potential new signings and will also consider loaning out a couple of players before the September 2 transfer deadline.

By Glen Williams

Thursday 28th August 2019

The club could well send out some of their players on loan in the coming days if the opportunity arises, but while the club have received some offers, the deals, thus far, have not been right.

However , the Bluebirds have been in the market for potential additions in recent weeks, with free agents still able to sign despite the Championship transfer deadline having already closed earlier this month.

It is understood that City have sought a midfield replacement after Marlon Pack sustained a nasty hamstring injury in the defeat by Reading.

Neil Warnock was looking for relatively quick fixes while his depleted squad worked its way back to full strength and was willing to offer contracts up until Christmas or, if a top-quality player was made available, the end of the season at a push.

The club have sounded out a few free agents, but none fit the bill so far, either asking for too much money or too long of a contract, and the Bluebirds insist they will not be strong-armed into making knee-jerk deals.

One player Cardiff spoke to wanted a £30,000-a-week salary and a two-year deal, which the club believed did not make financial sense.

Warnock's decision to hold out, however, has been made a little easier after the manager learned that Pack is optimistic he might return to the side quicker than anticipated.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City have been speaking to potential new signing

Postby JulesK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Annis, who's saying it costs too much to fetch someone in, Warnock or Choo?
2 year 30k is not had if it's someone with the bit of class we need desperately considering what he spent on Marine etc etc etc.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby bluebird1972 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 pm

JulesK wrote:Annis, who's saying it costs too much to fetch someone in, Warnock or Choo?
2 year 30k is not had if it's someone with the bit of class we need desperately considering what he spent on Marine etc etc etc.

Surely any body worth 30K a week for two years wouldn’t be out of contract if there were a top championship player at this stage of the season
bluebird1972

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:42 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Annis, who's saying it costs too much to fetch someone in, Warnock or Choo?

Surely any body worth 30K a week for two years wouldn’t be out of contract if there were a top championship player at this stage of the season

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps a journeyman looking for a start of a pension. It’s all ifs buts and maybes atm
bluebirdoct1962

Postby montyblue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Lesson in the learning do your dealings early in the transfer window rather than late, and bed them in early to gel and you don' t end up scraping the barrel looking for bargains that have long gone exactly what we are doing now .
montyblue

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Even with Pack coming back earlier than expected I still hope we are pushing to bring someone in. Seems Vaulks is struggling to settle in and it is obvious that we are seriously lacking creativity in the side at the moment. If anything happens to Ralls I think we are in serious trouble, especially with Pack out. Hopefully we can loan a few players out to save on wages to bring someone else in.
Escott1927

Postby JulesK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:

100% agree not to spend for the sake of it but if this is where we end up looking it's only because we failed miserably earlier in market again!!
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby fred keenor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Perhaps keeping the budget for our next manager?
fred keenor

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Am I missing something here but why didn’t we (like Fulham) bring in any quality players on loan? Presumably the money or clubs don’t want them to go on loan to Cardiff.

I would suggest it was a couple of quality players that we needed in certain positions rather than half a dozen average players or gambles. Over previous seasons many Championship clubs have brought in Premier League players on loan and they have made a huge difference.

If you want a serious promotion push then proven quality has to be a top priority & surely this should have been looked at earlier in the summer.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Am I missing something here but why didn’t we (like Fulham) bring in any quality players on loan? Presumably the money or clubs don’t want them to go on loan to Cardiff.

I would suggest it was a couple of quality players that we needed in certain positions rather than half a dozen average players or gambles. Over previous seasons many Championship clubs have brought in Premier League players on loan and they have made a huge difference.

If you want a serious promotion push then proven quality has to be a top priority & surely this should have been looked at earlier in the summer.

I dont think prem clubs want to loan us players due to the way we play. Not really good for their development playing for a team that does not pass the ball.
Escott1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Am I missing something here but why didn’t we (like Fulham) bring in any quality players on loan? Presumably the money or clubs don’t want them to go on loan to Cardiff.

I dont think prem clubs want to loan us players due to the way we play. Not really good for their development playing for a team that does not pass the ball.

Grugic, Camarasa, Arter all came. Not all prem but quality players nonetheless.
Try not to think of a knee jerk negative comment, it could well be another reason
bluebirdoct1962

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Try not to think of a knee jerk negative comment, it could well be another reason

I think he has a point and all depends on the type of player. Chelsea preferred to loan Abraham to Villa in the championship than us in the prem and I don't blame them.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Not all clubs want players to play one dimensional football whats point of being able to pass 5yrds if cannot see a pass 40yrds away that can open defence up? Or have a player who doesn't know how to put foot in to stop attack? Football is about varieties of styles good or bad depending on your viewpoint :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

I think he has a point and all depends on the type of player. Chelsea preferred to loan Abraham to Villa in the championship than us in the prem and I don't blame them.

Is that all facts though mate, maybe they offered more / signing on fee / loan fee etc.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Might be a negative view but its probably an important factor in a team deciding who they want to loan their players to and if that player actually wants to play for that team as well.
Escott1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Is that all facts though mate, maybe they offered more / signing on fee / loan fee etc.

Well Warnock said we wanted him and made the approach and they sent him to Villa, he seemed a bit miffed by it. I don't see why a newly promoted club looking for a striker couldn't afford a similar loan fee to Villa.

If I was Chelsea I'd have preferred him go to villa myself as well, get goals, improve his game with the ball.

What would he have done at City? Chased long balls.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:

CORRECT

Jesus Christ can you just imagine this geezer coming in and not getting us promoted on his own.Crisis junkees would be literally spunkin all over the place. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Ninianman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Where from,Bury FC ?
Ninianman

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm

This is the time to get in the loan signings - 2 need to come in .

NW - Has gone on about the squad / fixtures - so act now and get in new faces .
TopCat CCFC

Postby CHRIS PIKE » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

We cant loan players. We can only sign free agents.
CHRIS PIKE

Postby thomasblue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Danny simpson is available and would be a fantastic signing in a position we are desperate for at right back.
thomasblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm

thomasblue wrote:Danny simpson is available and would be a fantastic signing in a position we are desperate for at right back.

That’s a good call.
Wonder if he’s the said player who wants 2 years at £30K a week.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Here are a list of just some " FREE AGENTS " ;)

It remains to be seen which players Cardiff have been looking at but the likes of Joe Ledley, Birkir Bjarnason, Josh McEachren and James Morrison are all out of contract and have plenty of Championship experience under their belts.
TopCat CCFC

Postby brettski » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 am

hope its Holtby that comes in :bluebird:
brettski

Postby nubbsy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:52 am

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Might be a negative view but its probably an important factor in a team deciding who they want to loan their players to and if that player actually wants to play for that team as well.

You are right, it would defo play a factor in where they want their players to go. Loans are all about developing players.
nubbsy

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am

nubbsy wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

You are right, it would defo play a factor in where they want their players to go. Loans are all about developing players.

And / or saving some cash and / or first steps in getting rid of a player. But I do take your point.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:11 am

bluebird1972 wrote:

Could-not agree more :thumbup: We have been caught out so many times in the past it would be madness to do it again. Whoever this player is their negotiation position was very weak as they were out of contract and without a club. Why the hell would we then give them £3m over 2 years to sign for us?

Well done NW and KC for being totally responsible. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Crayfish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:We cant loan players. We can only sign free agents.

I think we can loan player out to clubs in league one and two as their window does not shut for another week.

Can't see why we shouldn't loan say Danny Ward out,he seems to be about fifth choice now and would benifit from playing regularly for someone. If he got a few gaols we might even be able to sell him.
Crayfish

Postby pengamblue » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:05 am

is mo diame still available would be just what we need :bluebird: :bluebird:
pengamblue

Postby ridofrid » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am

Just a thought which clubs could Warnock put any promising youngsters out to develop their Warnock Way skills??
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
ridofrid

Next

Return to General Chat