Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City have been speaking to potential new signing

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Are we that poor that cannot push boat out until end season on appropriate loanee/ free agent? Ffs wasted enough money eith several
sick note players wasting 20/30k a week between them! It Could make difference between promotion or not?

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Mo Diame is with some foreign club

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Are we that poor that cannot push boat out until end season on appropriate loanee/ free agent? Ffs wasted enough money eith several
sick note players wasting 20/30k a week between them! It Could make difference between promotion or not?

We cant sign loan players window shut
But we can sign free agents upto september the 2nd

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Are we that poor that cannot push boat out until end season on appropriate loanee/ free agent? Ffs wasted enough money eith several

Thats why put in free agents can buy them surely it's worth the cost to give us more depth in vital area like midfield :old:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City are tracking 15 free-agent midfielders

Cardiff City are trying to sign a free-agent midfielder but manager Neil Warnock says players' demands are holding up a possible deal.

Warnock feels Cardiff are short in central midfield having lost Marlon Pack to a hamstring injury.

He is hopeful of adding a new face soon, but says the Bluebirds will not pay over the odds.

"We have looked - we had a list yesterday of probably 15 players," said the Cardiff boss.

"I have enquired about a couple of others not on that list.

"When you get players who are out of contract and they are good players, they want two-year contracts on money we are not prepared to pay.

"I don't want to commit the club to something I don't think is right."
In Pack's absence, Joe Ralls and Leandro Bacuna are set to start in central midfield against Fulham on Friday night with Will Vaulks on the bench.

Warnock added: "If we could get somebody on a short-term contract or even until the end of the season, that's a possibility.

"If a player comes and shows you [what they can do] you are not going to let him go. Players should gamble more rather than wanting two years guaranteed.

"They are out of contract so they have not been inundated with offers."

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:42 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

Free agents can be signed at any time as long as they were free agents before the last window closed

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Am I missing something here but why didn’t we (like Fulham) bring in any quality players on loan? Presumably the money or clubs don’t want them to go on loan to Cardiff.

I would suggest it was a couple of quality players that we needed in certain positions rather than half a dozen average players or gambles. Over previous seasons many Championship clubs have brought in Premier League players on loan and they have made a huge difference.

If you want a serious promotion push then proven quality has to be a top priority & surely this should have been looked at earlier in the summer.

I dont think prem clubs want to loan us players due to the way we play. Not really good for their development playing for a team that does not pass the ball.

Grugic, Camarasa, Arter all came. Not all prem but quality players nonetheless.
Try not to think of a knee jerk negative comment, it could well be another reason

I think he has a point and all depends on the type of player. Chelsea preferred to loan Abraham to Villa in the championship than us in the prem and I don't blame them.

The player turned us down because

A: more money offered by villa in the percentage share of wages

B: He saw Villa as a bigger club which they are.

But hey yeah spread the rumour Chelsea refused us because of the style of football we play.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:34 am

Deano1 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Free agents can be signed at any time as long as they were free agents before the last window closed

I read the free agents can.only be signed upto the 2nd of september ?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am

Bluedodo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Am I missing something here but why didn’t we (like Fulham) bring in any quality players on loan? Presumably the money or clubs don’t want them to go on loan to Cardiff.

I would suggest it was a couple of quality players that we needed in certain positions rather than half a dozen average players or gambles. Over previous seasons many Championship clubs have brought in Premier League players on loan and they have made a huge difference.

If you want a serious promotion push then proven quality has to be a top priority & surely this should have been looked at earlier in the summer.

I dont think prem clubs want to loan us players due to the way we play. Not really good for their development playing for a team that does not pass the ball.

Grugic, Camarasa, Arter all came. Not all prem but quality players nonetheless.
Try not to think of a knee jerk negative comment, it could well be another reason

I think he has a point and all depends on the type of player. Chelsea preferred to loan Abraham to Villa in the championship than us in the prem and I don't blame them.

The player turned us down because

A: more money offered by villa in the percentage share of wages

B: He saw Villa as a bigger club which they are.

But hey yeah spread the rumour Chelsea refused us because of the style of football we play.

So the club were spreading rumours because your quote is 100% true??.......ok :thumbup:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:29 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

I read the free agents can.only be signed upto the 2nd of september ?

This is correct in as much as if they sign after that date, they cannot play until to opening of the next transfer window in January :thumbright: