Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘The way we play’. !!!!

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Just browsed a few threads and quickly became angered by the ‘they won’t come to us the way we play’ or ‘premiership clubs won’t let their players come to us as we don’t pass’
If it’s that bad, why aren’t we having 15K crowds?
I really love this forum but there’s some real mood hoovers on here atm. :|

Re: ‘The way we play’. !!!!

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Just browsed a few threads and quickly became angered by the ‘they won’t come to us the way we play’ or ‘premiership clubs won’t let their players come to us as we don’t pass’

Why does it anger you? The way a team plays is obviously an important factor in deciding if a player goes somewhere. I highly doubt the only reason why we haven't brought in a player on loan is because of finances.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:29 pm

I agree Escott1927. Our style of play is a real obstacle in getting quality players in. It's so obvious it's barely worth a mention.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Just browsed a few threads and quickly became angered by the ‘they won’t come to us the way we play’ or ‘premiership clubs won’t let their players come to us as we don’t pass’

Why does it anger you? The way a team plays is obviously an important factor in deciding if a player goes somewhere. I highly doubt the only reason why we haven't brought in a player on loan is because of finances.

Nobody knows the reasons why, you may well be right lads.
But It’s like Groundhog Day every time I open a thread that’s why. It’s not so much what’s being said as you both have fair points but it’s all that seems to be on here these days.
I’m praying for a win on Friday - and a performance - so that hopefully we can all be lifted. :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

We all want a win on Friday doctor1962. And Sir Neil does too. We know that as well. It's just that we seem to be making it so hard for ourselves.

As a club and as a city we have a lot to offer. Players should want to come here.

But for a variety of reasons of which our manager and playing style are part for sure.

Having come straight out of the PL, our stock is high and we should have capitalised but we haven't and its an opportunity missed, on top of money badly spent.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:We all want a win on Friday doctor1962. And Sir Neil does too. We know that as well. It's just that we seem to be making it so hard for ourselves.

As a club and as a city we have a lot to offer. Players should want to come here.

But for a variety of reasons of which our manager and playing style are part for sure.

Having come straight out of the PL, our stock is high and we should have capitalised but we haven't and its an opportunity missed, on top of money badly spent.

As I’ve said, I do see your point mate.