Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY AND NANTES GIVEN TRANSFER FEE DEADLINE

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 am

deadmouse wrote:
NikeSwan wrote:Then you are in the wrong place if you want everyone to agree. This is a football forum.

agreeing, talking nonsense and abusing each other was option 2..not just the agreeing with each other...
too much sangria me thinks

So you want people abusing each other and all agreeing with one opinion? :D

Same stands.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:21 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
JackSensalot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:If you are going to use analogies, get them right (noticed your dig at a poster about him spelling correctly :thumbright: ) FALLS like a cheap suit, :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

I’m embarrassed for you. When you try and step up to the plate and be brave - make sure you have read the manual.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.urb ... t&amp=true

“folded like a cheap suit”
To give in on something you felt so strongly about only a moment ago.

oh dear... reading not a strong point of yours either :laughing5:

Or yours it seems. Read it again. :roll:

no need to, Bluesince62 has called it perfectly. if you cant be word perfect yourself then dont pull others up on it :laughing5:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am

paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
JackSensalot wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:If you are going to use analogies, get them right (noticed your dig at a poster about him spelling correctly :thumbright: ) FALLS like a cheap suit, :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

I’m embarrassed for you. When you try and step up to the plate and be brave - make sure you have read the manual.

no need to, Bluesince62 has called it perfectly. if you cant be word perfect yourself then dont pull others up on it :laughing5:

Eh? Stop digging while you are firmly behind:-

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_boa ... s/459.html

The Phrase Finder
Home | Search the phrases.org.uk website Search | Discussion Forum Home|
Fold like a cheap suit
Posted by Karen on February 15, 2008 at 09:45:

Where did the say "fold like a cheap suit" originate? And what was it's meaning? It seems now to be used when an opponent will back away and run (sports teams, politicians)

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:30 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
JackSensalot wrote:

Eh? Stop digging while you are firmly behind:-

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_boa ... s/459.html

The Phrase Finder
Home | Search the phrases.org.uk website Search | Discussion Forum Home|
Fold like a cheap suit
Posted by Karen on February 15, 2008 at 09:45:

Where did the say "fold like a cheap suit" originate? And what was it's meaning? It seems now to be used when an opponent will back away and run (sports teams, politicians)

i mean... your just proving you were wrong the first time :laughing6:

youd have to have some significant deficiencies to believe theres no way you could ever make a mistake :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 am

I have absolutely no idea what you are wittering on about.

I suspect neither do you. :roll:

(And it’s “you’re” :thumbup: )

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you are wittering on about.

of course i do. The other guy pulled you up on a mistake you made, (because you seem to revel in doing it to others) and instead of accepting that its no big deal you continued to dig a hole for yoursef, believing theres no way you could ever do or say anything incorrectly.

its a familiar pattern with you. :thumbup:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:34 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:

:lol: :lol:

prime example. the difference being im well aware im doing it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you are wittering on about.

of course i do. The other guy pulled you up on a mistake you made, (because you seem to revel in doing it to others) and instead of accepting that its no big deal you continued to dig a hole for yoursef, believing theres no way you could ever do or say anything incorrectly.

The other guy mistakenly and bizarrely said that the phrase “folds like a cheap suit”, is incorrect.

I proved that it is not incorrect, showed it’s origin and meaning with provided links.

You are making yourself look very stupid indeed. :lol:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:

:lol: :lol:

prime example. the difference being im well aware im doing it :thumbup: :thumbup:

You have absolutely no idea what you are typing. I’m convinced of it.

I would actually be more concerned for you if you did. Just bizarre.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The other guy mistakenly and bizarrely said that the phrase “folds like a cheap suit”, is incorrect.

I proved that it is not incorrect, showed it’s origin and meaning with provided links.

You are making yourself look very stupid indeed. :lol:

no.... the other guy didnt say that at all, this is why you are a special kind of idiot. because you fail to even contemplate it was you who made the original error (falls like a cheap suit, page 3 btw! :laughing5: :laughing5: )

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:38 am

JackSensealot wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Nah I'm ok. You'll just have to come to terms with being wrong by yourself

The greatest technique that exposes someone talking rubbish is to simply press them slightly on it.

As predicted, any early resistance falls like a cheap suit. :D

ahem :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 am

You are just wittering now like some obsessive fan boy.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 am

paulh_85 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Nah I'm ok. You'll just have to come to terms with being wrong by yourself

The greatest technique that exposes someone talking rubbish is to simply press them slightly on it.

As predicted, any early resistance falls like a cheap suit. :D

ahem :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Right? So what is your point here exactly?

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:You are just wittering now like some obsessive fan boy.

you keep saying that... but you are either just ignoring the obvious as clearly stated above or you really do have some reading issues. :lol:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:42 am

paulh_85 wrote:

you keep saying that... but you are either just ignoring the obvious as clearly stated above or you really do have some reading issues. :lol:

I do keep saying that, yes.

You are making no sense and seem to be getting rather excited over some nonsense as usual.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:44 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

You are making no sense and seem to be getting rather excited over some nonsense as usual.

its literally been spelt out for you above. come on now roathy :banghead:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:49 am

paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Nope you are talking in riddles, wittering in an excited state that I have engaged you in chat.

You seem to be getting aroused by the fact that I made two statements accurately portraying your presence on here - and had a different word in each? Is that right? It’s quite frightening the energy you expend to point that out yet come up completely blank, “folding like a cheap suit”, whenever you have the chance to address my on topic point that you enjoy emptily trying to disprove.

Says it all Paul. I’m disappointed in you. :?

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:53 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Nope you are talking in riddles, wittering in an excited state that I have engaged you in chat.

You seem to be getting aroused by the fact that I made two statements accurately portraying your presence on here - and had a different word in each? Is that right? It’s quite frightening the energy you expend to point that out yet come up completely blank, “folding like a cheap suit”, whenever you have the chance to address my on topic point that you enjoy emptily trying to disprove.

Says it all Paul. I’m disappointed in you. :?

f*cking hell you really are a one-eyed troll, theres so much irony in that post that its really quite laughable. The people with long memories know exactly the type of person you are and the lengths youll bizarrly go to to seem like the brightest, most sensible person on this board/earth.

its why, specfically with what happened with annis/carl all those years back, im surprised your allowed on here. but then you are good for hits, no doubting that.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:55 am

Right so if all else fails, start talking rubbish and trolling again? Yes I said trolling, which is of course what you do on here these days.

Paul, discuss the topic. I am more than happy to discuss the intricacies of my point, or indeed yours if your ever decide to have one. If you are unable to then spare us the dribble. :D

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:56 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:Right so if all else fails, start talking rubbish and trolling again? :D

Paul, discuss the topic. I am more than happy to discuss the intricacies of my point, or indeed yours if your ever decide to have one. If you are unable to then spare us the dribble. :D

trolling :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you are a gift that keeps on giving fair play.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:01 am

paulh_85 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:Right so if all else fails, start talking rubbish and trolling again? :D

Yes, trolling.

I don’t think I have read an on topic opinion from you yet. You seem to spend your time running around the forum making bitchy and sarcastic one liners to everyone on here. As soon as you are pressed on a subject with a bit of substance and required actual thought, you run a mile. You seem to be here to poke at people now for reasons you can only answer. Should you be pressed further then you will just repeat what has been put to you with a smiley added, much like above.

Every single post of mine can be backed up, explained and discussed. That isn’t trolling, as much as it suits your agenda to pretend it is. Would you like to discuss the topic here? I think we both know the answer to that don’t we...

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

"Spare us the dribble" :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: isn't it "spare us the DRIVEL" Not so articulate now are we :lol :oops: got to go,my suits falling :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird: :

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

JackSensalot wrote:

To give in on something you felt so strongly about only a moment

You,embarrassed for me :laughing5: get a grip,YOU said falls like a cheap suit you fool,not me,I was just pointing it out,you were quick to point out a posters incorrect spelling,you have also done it again with dribble instead of DRIVEL,don't mock others,when you also f@ck up,you are not that clever yourself :thumbup: as you have shown,when people pointed out the post in question, and you were the one DRIVELLING on,refusing to own the obvious F@CK UP or TWO,now I have stepped up to the plate (hate Americanisms )been brave,now it over to you to do the same,make sure YOU READ THE MANUAL. ;) or maybe re read you're posts,before posting. :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:37 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

"Spare us the dribble" :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: isn't it "spare us the DRIVEL" Not so articulate now are we :lol :oops: got to go,my suits falling :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird: :

Nope, dribble. It’s a slow mess leaking from the mouth. Dribble.

It is “suit IS falling” not suits falling. Come on now don’t make this easier than it already is. :laughing6:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:44 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
JackSensalot wrote:

You,embarrassed for me :laughing5: get a grip,YOU said falls like a cheap suit you fool,not me,I was just pointing it out,you were quick to point out a posters incorrect spelling,you have also done it again with dribble instead of DRIVEL,don't mock others,when you also f@ck up,you are not that clever yourself :thumbup: as you have shown,when people pointed out the post in question, and you were the one DRIVELLING on,refusing to own the obvious F@CK UP or TWO,now I have stepped up to the plate (hate Americanisms )been brave,now it over to you to do the same,make sure YOU READ THE MANUAL. ;) or maybe re read you're posts,before posting. :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Yes I am embarassed for you. I seem to have reduced you to running through my well made posts looking for typing errors to point out (even when you don’t find one... you make it up) :lol:

I pointed out the spelling in that posters sentence as he was calling someone “thick” in the process, I reminded him that when doing so then you have to make sure you can spell correctly, there was a point to it, it’s delicious irony. Had I done that and you replied to that post with similar - then fair game. There is a big difference between that and doing what you are doing which is stifling a proper football opinion with an incessant need to point out the arbitrary as you cannot cope with the contents complexity or reality.

No amount of capital letters is going to change that. :D

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Anyway. Back to the thread before we had a couple of obsessive trolls get all excited :lol:

So yes. The issue with this deal is that Cardiff incorrectly entered a detail in the contract which stated his signing on fee would be paid up front, where as PL rules state it must be paid in instalments.

Cardiff are claiming this contract is null and void and they don’t have to pay because he didn’t sign a contract with the amended part where that section complies with PL rules surrounding sign on fees.

It’s very weak and is absolutely a loophole/technicality which is why intent will come into play here without a shadow of a doubt.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:33 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
JackSensalot wrote:

Yes I am embarassed for you. I seem to have reduced you to running through my well made posts looking for typing errors to point out (even when you don’t find one... you make it up) :lol:

I pointed out the spelling in that posters sentence as he was calling someone “thick” in the process, I reminded him that when doing so then you have to make sure you can spell correctly, there was a point to it, it’s delicious irony. Had I done that and you replied to that post with similar - then fair game. There is a big difference between that and doing what you are doing which is stifling a proper football opinion with an incessant need to point out the arbitrary as you cannot cope with the contents complexity or reality.

No amount of capital letters is going to change that. :D

To call a person thick when they may be dyslexic, is a cheap shot in itself,you have made your bed,you have to lay in it,my point was you pointed out that posters error,but won't own yours,and I'm sure if I had the time,or inclination to run through your posts (there are way too many :!: )to run through all your posts,1.I would end up in an asylum 2 and most important, I'm sure I could finda few more spelling errors from Mr always right :roll: I suppose you will blame predictive text :sleepy2: show me where I've made it up :?: you 100% said "falls like a suit" &" said" dribble" I stead of drivel :roll: and two posts I've made,pointing out the flaws you have yourself,no more than you deserve,after all you are the knower of all things :laughing5: we all have flaws,even you up there on your pedestal, go on just own it for once :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:35 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

It is “suit IS falling” not suits falling. Come on now don’t make this easier than it already is. :laughing6:

You keep telling yourself that's the context in which you meant it :laughing6: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:55 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

You keep telling yourself that's the context in which you meant it :laughing6: :old: :bluebird:

Saud, postets are just 2 from a 5 minute look :laughing5: learn to spell correctly indeed (a reply of yours to goats on another topic are the two :thumbright: )admit it,you have faults,go on it won't kill you,honestly :roll: & you cheekily mention me making it easy :laughing5: :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:47 am

bluesince62 wrote:
To call a person thick when they may be dyslexic, is a cheap shot in itself,you have made your bed,you have to lay in it,my point was you pointed out that posters error,but won't own yours,and I'm sure if I had the time,or inclination to run through your posts (there are way too many :!: )to run through all your posts,1.I would end up in an asylum 2 and most important, I'm sure I could finda few more spelling errors from Mr always right :roll: I suppose you will blame predictive text :sleepy2: show me where I've made it up :?: you 100% said "falls like a suit" &" said" dribble" I stead of drivel :roll: and two posts I've made,pointing out the flaws you have yourself,no more than you deserve,after all you are the knower of all things :laughing5: we all have flaws,even you up there on your pedestal, go on just own it for once :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

I didn’t call anyone thick, read the post again. It was in response to someone calling someone else thick whilst spelling their sentence incorrectly. The irony is delicious. That is fine, doing what you seem infatuated with currently however are two very differing things. One suspects you feel it is your only avenue of discourse due to its powder puff and shallow nature. As for dribble, it is dribble, used correctly and you were tightly corrected.

The rest of it is completely and utterly unreadable I am afraid. Laced with far too many feeling masking smileys, poor grammar and spelling - I don’t have the inclination to decipher it.

Would you like to discuss the topic now?