Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY AND NANTES GIVEN TRANSFER FEE DEADLINE

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Exactly like a house purchase, we took photos of the house showed all our friends were excited about the purchase, but on the day of completion, the house burnt down before we got the keys, and are solicitor says I have checked the paperwork and you didn't complete on the deal, due to the mistake between the agent and the seller the deal didn't go through.

What about the poor seller, they will have to sort it out via the agent's insurance or their own, it's nothing to do with you so don't worry as you didn't complete on the deal!

Now bore off :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Nothing like a house purchase. I know it clearly makes you feel better about it by relating it to a situation that is not even remotely similar and pretending like it’s the same, but that will only get you so far.

You didn’t just take photos of him did you. You commercially benefited after officially announcing the signing. The player also died while travelling to come and play for you after said signing of the contract. There is a thing in contract law called intent. This means if all parties are acting out an agreement then it supersedes technicalities in contracts, this was often seen in company law where businessmen were always trying to shaft their partners.

For example. Our shareholders agreement was not signed by all parties, thus technically making it null and void. However when Mel Nurse donates his shares to the flub, they were divided out in equal portions in accordance to the shareholders agreement. Which is why the Trust are able to now take the previous owners to court as they acted out the agreement with intent.

So if this comes down to a word of law, the court of arbitration would be deciding on intent should such a technicality be found to be present. If t is understood that had Sala not died while commuting, would such a complaint to void the transfer arise then you will absolutely no doubt be liable to pay. I think it extremely unlikely that any arbitration committee would even entertain the fact that intent was not acted upon, the evidence is overwhelming and Nantes will be all over it.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Dream on dozy, your too thick to educate, FIFA hasn't said we need to pay, so we don't need to pay :thumbup: :wave:

if ever they did we would, now bore off, no one cares what you think :wave:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Exactly like a house purchase, we took photos of the house showed all our friends were excited about the purchase, but on the day of completion, the house burnt down before we got the keys, and are solicitor says I have checked the paperwork and you didn't complete on the deal, due to the mistake between the agent and the seller the deal didn't go through.

What about the poor seller, they will have to sort it out via the agent's insurance or their own, it's nothing to do with you so don't worry as you didn't complete on the deal!

Now bore off :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Nothing like a house purchase. I know it clearly makes you feel better about it by relating it to a situation that is not even remotely similar and pretending like it’s the same, but that will only get you so far.

You didn’t just take photos of him did you. You commercially benefited after officially announcing the signing. The player also died while travelling to come and play for you after said signing of the contract. There is a thing in contract law called intent. This means if all parties are acting out an agreement then it supersedes technicalities in contracts, this was often seen in company law where businessmen were always trying to shaft their partners.

For example. Our shareholders agreement was not signed by all parties, thus technically making it null and void. However when Mel Nurse donates his shares to the flub, they were divided out in equal portions in accordance to the shareholders agreement. Which is why the Trust are able to now take the previous owners to court as they acted out the agreement with intent.

So if this comes down to a word of law, the court of arbitration would be deciding on intent should such a technicality be found to be present. If t is understood that had Sala not died while commuting, would such a complaint to void the transfer arise then you will absolutely no doubt be liable to pay. I think it extremely unlikely that any arbitration committee would even entertain the fact that intent was not acted upon, the evidence is overwhelming and Nantes will be all over it.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Dream on dozy, your too thick to educate, FIFA hasn't said we need to pay, so we don't need to pay :thumbup: :wave:

if ever they did we would, now bore off, no one cares what you think :wave:

If you are to resort to desperately calling someone thick in order to not reply to their excellent post, then at least try and spell correctly.

It isn’t FIFA’s job to tell every club who buys a player to pay the money, it’s just expected. They have given you a date in order to reach a solution otherwise they are stepping in, which is a bit embarrassing really.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Some mission creep going on here...having stated that only comments relating to Swansea City would be posted, they're slowly appearing all over the board.

Every post is ruined because thats what narcissists do.. drop in a few bombs and engineer the conversation which quickly becomes about them..

Every fuckin post. Its pathetic, and ruining the forum.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Some mission creep going on here...having stated that only comments relating to Swansea City would be posted, they're slowly appearing all over the board.

Every post is ruined because thats what narcissists do.. drop in a few bombs and engineer the conversation which quickly becomes about them..

Every fuckin post. Its pathetic, and ruining the forum.

I don’t know what that means.

I do not restrict myself to topics. I post on anything I feel compelled to, or anything I can add valuable content to.

If the result of me replying with 100% on topic and sensible thought - is that everyone wants to talk about me, then I can’t help that I’m afraid. Thanks for adding to it though, nice de-railing.

Please take a look at my footer - it’s a self fulfilling prophecy for many on here. They bang on about trolling and de-railing so much that all they end up doing is trolling and de-railing.

Try and keep it on topic please.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 pm

I have always felt we have held back on our transfers in the close season because that we may have to pay back Nantes

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm gonna resort to name calling ...
It's in invisible ink but you know what you are Jack
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:27 am

stentona wrote:I'm gonna resort to name calling ...
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Yes, I’m correct.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:26 pm

JackSensealot wrote:

Yes, I’m correct.

Nah, you definitely aren't

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:30 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Nah, you definitely aren't

I am yet to read anything to suggest anything otherwise, so in that case you are wrong at this stage.

I can only hope that given your certainty, you are about to dazzle us with a compelling explanation. Although judging from your recent history I am going to assume it’s yet another ‘nothing comment’?

Feel free to surprise me.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:56 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Nah, you definitely aren't

I am yet to read anything to suggest anything otherwise, so in that case you are wrong at this stage.

I can only hope that given your certainty, you are about to dazzle us with a compelling explanation. Although judging from your recent history I am going to assume it’s yet another ‘nothing comment’?

Feel free to surprise me.

Nah I'm ok. You'll just have to come to terms with being wrong by yourself

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm

JackSensealot wrote:

Yes, I’m correct.

OT a bit.
are you one of or a descendent of the St Thomas lotts?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:05 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Nah I'm ok. You'll just have to come to terms with being wrong by yourself

The greatest technique that exposes someone talking rubbish is to simply press them slightly on it.

As predicted, any early resistance falls like a cheap suit. :D

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:05 am

deadmouse wrote:OT a bit.

I don't understand any of that unfortunately.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:59 am

JackSensealot wrote:

the Lott family. .from St Thomas { its in Swansea }

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:04 am

deadmouse wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

And what's ''OT a bit''?

I'm not as far as I am aware however.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 am

JackSensealot wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

And what's ''OT a bit''?

I'm not as far as I am aware however.

seeing as you've turned the thread into it being about YOU I don't suppose it is off topic.
its just your user name put me in mind of the Lott family. my Aunt lived with some bloke up there for a few years when I was a kid , we used to visit about once a month .

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:45 am

deadmouse wrote:

seeing as you've turned the thread into it being about YOU I don't suppose it is off topic.
its just your user name put me in mind of the Lott family. my Aunt lived with some bloke up there for a few years when I was a kid , we used to visit about once a month .

Where do you believe I have turned it about me? That's some weird powers of deduction you have there.

I was asked about me, I answered.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:02 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
No one gives a toss about your opinion and what you've got to say, to be honest. You're just a sad jack with a high opinion of himself who spends far too much of his time on a rival fans forum. It really is pathetic. 2 people died in this accident and you use it to have a dig at the club. Why don't you do everyone a favour and f**k off back to your own forum with the rest of the skip rats because no one on here wants to hear your 'impartial' drivel.

This will not have any effect on future transfers as the chances of another player dying in a plane crash during transfer are very slim, so stop chatting shit. We had no issues signing Glatzel this transfer window.

Stop being so silly, and stop using the tragedy to point score. This was and is a global story and I have every right to comment on it whether you like it or not. No amount of stamping your feet and playground insults is going to stop that, I would have thought you would have learned that by now.

The only way to make my points null and void is to counter them. However we all know that is easier said than done as they are usually watertight. Hence why people take the cowardly way out and instead of facing up to what I am saying they do what you do and hurl abuse. Water off a ducks back.

How do you know you had no issues signing Glatzel? How do you know he was your first choice? Has the payment been amortised or was it made up front? It has nothing to do with a player dying, it has to do with your transfer conduct, be that towards players, clubs or agents. If you think this episode is not having an effect then you are being very naive.

How am I trying to point score? You’re the one on a rivals forum using it to have a dig. You have every right to comment, it’s a public forum after all. It doesn’t change the fact that deliberately did it to antagonise people on here to provoke a response though.

How do you know that we had issues signing Glatzel or any of the players we’ve signed? How do you know they were not our first choice signings? How do you know the full details of any of our signings? You don’t, simple. I doubt Glatzel was our first choice striker. Or 2nd and 3rd choice either. That is the way of football. Unless you have unlimited spending power or a strong pulling power you rarely get all your first choice signings. You identify potential targets and move on.

How is your opinion watertight? Please provide me with solid evidence, with your superior knowledge and intelligence, that shows that we will have future problems with transfers. You can’t as it’s just the opinion of a sad man sat at his computer. Its meaningless.

In the meantime here are 8 examples to show that clubs, players and agents are happy to do business with us: Day, Nelson, Vaulks, Pack, Glatzel, Vassell, Flint and Whyte.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:29 am

Escott1927 wrote:
How am I trying to point score? You’re the one on a rivals forum using it to have a dig. You have every right to comment, it’s a public forum after all. It doesn’t change the fact that deliberately did it to antagonise people on here to provoke a response though.

How do you know that we had issues signing Glatzel or any of the players we’ve signed? How do you know they were not our first choice signings? How do you know the full details of any of our signings? You don’t, simple. I doubt Glatzel was our first choice striker. Or 2nd and 3rd choice either. That is the way of football. Unless you have unlimited spending power or a strong pulling power you rarely get all your first choice signings. You identify potential targets and move on.

How is your opinion watertight? Please provide me with solid evidence, with your superior knowledge and intelligence, that shows that we will have future problems with transfers. You can’t as it’s just the opinion of a sad man sat at his computer. Its meaningless.

In the meantime here are 8 examples to show that clubs, players and agents are happy to do business with us: Day, Nelson, Vaulks, Pack, Glatzel, Vassell, Flint and Whyte.

Because you seem to be of the opinion that only people who support Cardiff are allowed to have a view and you are using the fact that two people have died as a reason why nobody else is allowed to discuss is. Where am I having a dig? I am giving a view that will absolutely be in line with the majority of the footballing fraternity regarding this case.

I didn't say you had issues signing Glatzel or any of the players you signed. I said I would be shocked if this saga wouldn't affect your transfer activity whether that be now or in the future.In fact, it is common sense to suggest it will. If I was a club dealing with you then I would want my money up front, this means you aren't part of an amortised transfer window meaning your money goes nowhere near as far due to cash-flow restrictions.

My opinion is watertight because it is the opinion that is on the side of common sense. I would say it is stretching it somewhat if you believe this will have no impact. I will ignore the inane ramblings intended to goad, they are ineffective, old hat and extremely boring.

Those aren't 8 examples at all. Again, I never said you wouldn't be able to sign anyone ever again did I? You have no idea if these signings (who seem sub par) were settled on because other clubs wanted to structure a deal in a non amortised manner and also you have no idea whether you indeed have had to pay up front meaning you are unable to sign the amount of players you would like simply because cashflow won't allow it - also a complaint seen on here in recent months.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:14 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Because you seem to be of the opinion that only people who support Cardiff are allowed to have a view and you are using the fact that two people have died as a reason why nobody else is allowed to discuss is. Where am I having a dig? I am giving a view that will absolutely be in line with the majority of the footballing fraternity regarding this case.

I didn't say you had issues signing Glatzel or any of the players you signed. I said I would be shocked if this saga wouldn't affect your transfer activity whether that be now or in the future.In fact, it is common sense to suggest it will. If I was a club dealing with you then I would want my money up front, this means you aren't part of an amortised transfer window meaning your money goes nowhere near as far due to cash-flow restrictions.

My opinion is watertight because it is the opinion that is on the side of common sense. I would say it is stretching it somewhat if you believe this will have no impact. I will ignore the inane ramblings intended to goad, they are ineffective, old hat and extremely boring.

Those aren't 8 examples at all. Again, I never said you wouldn't be able to sign anyone ever again did I? You have no idea if these signings (who seem sub par) were settled on because other clubs wanted to structure a deal in a non amortised manner and also you have no idea whether you indeed have had to pay up front meaning you are unable to sign the amount of players you would like simply because cashflow won't allow it - also a complaint seen on here in recent months.

People can have what ever opinion they want, I haven't said that they can't. I am just pulling you on the fact that you are doing it just to provoke people on here. You can deny it all you want or reply with some long winded bullshit to try and make yourself sound smart, but it is pretty obvious what you are doing.

Your opinion is just an opinion, it is not fact so it not watertight at all. What you are implying is that clubs will demand full payment upfront in case of the highly unlikely event of another player dying travelling to Cardiff, which is stupid.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

People can have what ever opinion they want, I haven't said that they can't. I am just pulling you on the fact that you are doing it just to provoke people on here. You can deny it all you want or reply with some long winded bullshit to try and make yourself sound smart, but it is pretty obvious what you are doing.

Your opinion is just an opinion, it is not fact so it not watertight at all. What you are implying is that clubs will demand full payment upfront in case of the highly unlikely event of another player dying travelling to Cardiff, which is stupid.

Yes you have, you are implying I can’t possibly hold the opinion I do (even though it’s clearly the majority one and one based on absolute common sense) and are using the excuse that two people died to try and diminish that fact. You are reading something you don’t want to face, I understand that. But to then tell me my intentions as a way to circumvent actually answering the content is cheap, disingenuously and quite frankly cowardly.

It has nothing to do with another player dying, it has to do with reneging on a deal because it suited you to. The way you treated the selling club, the agent and to an extent the player himself. Of course my opinion is my opinion, but it is always formed on solid ground, firm footing and laced with reason and common sense. This is why my “opinion” turns to fact far more often than most, hence why people get mad when I post something they don’t like, because the majority of the time it is correct. :thumbright:

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 am

JackSensealot wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
So you’d be happy if your club paid £15m out when they weren’t liable !!!??

You are either a wind up merchant, in-bred or both.

Stop using this to have a pop.

This club pays its debts unlike yours which just goes into administration if the going gets tough!!

Would I be happy? No.

Would I want and expect them to? Absolutely.

I am not name calling, having a pop or indeed doing anything wrong at all here. I just hold a majority view, and a view you don’t want to face as deep down you know I’m right. It’s ironic that the only posters complaining about this seem to be the ones doing all of the above.

Rubbish and you know it.

If we are liable we will pay. If not, we won’t.

Your club wouldn’t pay £15m if they didn’t owe it just like any other WELL RUN club.

You are a wind-up merchant and a pretty thick one at that !

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:51 am

piledriver64 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

This club pays its debts unlike yours which just goes into administration if the going gets tough!!

Would I be happy? No.

I am not name calling, having a pop or indeed doing anything wrong at all here. I just hold a majority view, and a view you don’t want to face as deep down you know I’m right. It’s ironic that the only posters complaining about this seem to be the ones doing all of the above.

Rubbish and you know it.

Your club wouldn’t pay £15m if they didn’t owe it just like any other WELL RUN club.

Nope incorrect, given the same situation I would absolutely be wanting the club to pay Nantes instead of looking for ways out of it, just as many of your own fans agree - the site owner for one. A well run club does not look for technicalities to renege on a deal that didn’t go their way thus burning bridges and damaging reputation.

I am neither a wind up merchant or thick, quite the opposite on both counts - both of those points are blatantly obvious to all without me having to say why.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:08 am

JackSensealot wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Would I be happy? No.

Rubbish and you know it.

Nope incorrect, given the same situation I would absolutely be wanting the club to pay Nantes instead of looking for ways out of it, just as many of your own fans agree - the site owner for one. A well run club does not look for technicalities to renege on a deal that didn’t go their way thus burning bridges and damaging reputation.

I am neither a wind up merchant or thick, quite the opposite on both counts - both of those points are blatantly obvious to all without me having to say why.

OK, not thick just miss informed.

Nantes tried to play a game on the transfer, delaying finalising it until they had a replacement, fact accepted by both clubs.

If, as a result of Nantes playing that game, the transfer wasn't fully finalised why should Cardiff (or their insurers ?) pay ? Surely even you can see that point ? If Nantes hadn't tried to delay there would be no dispute and we would have to pay up.

It's pretty simple, FIFA/UEAFA, etc., simply need to confirm at what point, if any, the transfer was finalised. Then it will be a matter for the clubs, the insurers (could even be a claim against the plane insurers) to agree the payment.

So stop trying to make out that anyone else would have just paid the £15m because they simply wouldn't :roll:

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:34 am

I’m not misinformed either. I don’t believe that is the reason the deal is being backed out of, had he have turned up when he should have there would not be a problem and there would be nobody from CCFC claiming he wasn’t their player. Nobody. That line is now only being followed after he dies commuting to your place of work.

I am not trying to make out anything. It is my absolute belief that most clubs would have paid Nantes by now, in fact I am struggling to think of one that wouldn’t have. I would be utterly shocked if that wasn’t the case.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:49 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Yes you have, you are implying I can’t possibly hold the opinion I do (even though it’s clearly the majority one and one based on absolute common sense) and are using the excuse that two people died to try and diminish that fact. You are reading something you don’t want to face, I understand that. But to then tell me my intentions as a way to circumvent actually answering the content is cheap, disingenuously and quite frankly cowardly.

It has nothing to do with another player dying, it has to do with reneging on a deal because it suited you to. The way you treated the selling club, the agent and to an extent the player himself. Of course my opinion is my opinion, but it is always formed on solid ground, firm footing and laced with reason and common sense. This is why my “opinion” turns to fact far more often than most, hence why people get mad when I post something they don’t like, because the majority of the time it is correct. :thumbright:

You’ve been called out on it by a few people in this thread. So I am with the majority of people who think you’re just using the topic to have go at the club. By your logic that makes me automatically correct. It has nothing to do with me reading something I don’t want to face, I can’t wait for it to be put to bed to be honest, regardless of the outcome.

Regarding the sala case itself, if you have read anything about it you’d know that it was greedy agents and the owner of Nantes that manufactured and forced his transfer and organised that flight. Cardiff are not a club who can afford to privately fly players to run personal errands, he was offered a commercial flight and he declined. In hindsight I bet Cardiff wish they had arranged a private flight or Warnock had insisted he travelled with the team to Newcastle, rather letting him go back to France to say his goodbyes.if they had he would still be here, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. And if you believe the words of the agent that fabricated interest from other clubs to force the transfer for personal gain, who is currently in and out of court for fraud and who has been banned from the CCS for threatening to kill staff then you are extremely naive and shows you are willing to ignore FACTS because they go against your own agenda.

In any other scenario sala would have made it across the channel and the paperwork would have been finalised/corrected and there would have been no issues. Which will be the case for any other future transfers. Paperwork will be completed (probably more thoroughly) and Cardiff will pay the money that is owed. There are not many situations that a club can not honour a legally binding contract. But this is a legal dispute, most probably an insurance dispute, between Cardiff, Nantes and the people who organised the flight, once it is concluded Cardiff will pay any money they owe; which they’ve said from day 1. Whether you think that is moral or not, it’s just another meaningless opinion. I doubt Swansea or any other club would pay the £15mill if they weren’t legally obliged to just because it is deemed the moral thing to do.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:15 am

Escott1927 wrote:

You’ve been called out on it by a few people in this thread. So I am with the majority of people who think you’re just using the topic to have go at the club. By your logic that makes me automatically correct. It has nothing to do with me reading something I don’t want to face, I can’t wait for it to be put to bed to be honest, regardless of the outcome.

Regarding the sala case itself, if you have read anything about it you’d know that it was greedy agents and the owner of Nantes that manufactured and forced his transfer and organised that flight. Cardiff are not a club who can afford to privately fly players to run personal errands, he was offered a commercial flight and he declined. In hindsight I bet Cardiff wish they had arranged a private flight or Warnock had insisted he travelled with the team to Newcastle, rather letting him go back to France to say his goodbyes.if they had he would still be here, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. And if you believe the words of the agent that fabricated interest from other clubs to force the transfer for personal gain, who is currently in and out of court for fraud and who has been banned from the CCS for threatening to kill staff then you are extremely naive and shows you are willing to ignore FACTS because they go against your own agenda.

In any other scenario sala would have made it across the channel and the paperwork would have been finalised/corrected and there would have been no issues. Which will be the case for any other future transfers. Paperwork will be completed (probably more thoroughly) and Cardiff will pay the money that is owed. There are not many situations that a club can not honour a legally binding contract. But this is a legal dispute, most probably an insurance dispute, between Cardiff, Nantes and the people who organised the flight, once it is concluded Cardiff will pay any money they owe; which they’ve said from day 1. Whether you think that is moral or not, it’s just another meaningless opinion. I doubt Swansea or any other club would pay the £15mill if they weren’t legally obliged to just because it is deemed the moral thing to do.

You are just being silly now. Nobody is “calling me out” about anything, we have a group of Cardiff fans not wanting to face the reality by sticking their fingers in their ears saying “la la la la” and pretending I’m winding them up as opposed to holding a majority and common sense opinion. You are taking a small select group of people with a vested interest as opposed to taking a wider spectrum, so no, that’s not my logic at all.

I am fully aware of the Sala transfer. The agents manufacturing interest to secure a move is common practice, I would imagine that has happened with many of our transfers both in and out. Yet that is only now being cited as a deal breaker because it suits. An agent arranging a flight has nothing to do with anything, you still need to pay Nantes. If you were unwilling to spend £2000 for a flight for a £15m player then that’s your own lookout and run the risk of him making his own travel arrangements.

As I said, I don’t think this situation would have arisen with many, or indeed any, other club.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:33 am

JackSensealot wrote:I’m not misinformed either. I don’t believe that is the reason the deal is being backed out of, had he have turned up when he should have there would not be a problem and there would be nobody from CCFC claiming he wasn’t their player. Nobody. That line is now only being followed after he dies commuting to your place of work.

I am not trying to make out anything. It is my absolute belief that most clubs would have paid Nantes by now, in fact I am struggling to think of one that wouldn’t have. I would be utterly shocked if that wasn’t the case.

more idiotic drivel

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:07 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

You are just being silly now. Nobody is “calling me out” about anything, we have a group of Cardiff fans not wanting to face the reality by sticking their fingers in their ears saying “la la la la” and pretending I’m winding them up as opposed to holding a majority and common sense opinion. You are taking a small select group of people with a vested interest as opposed to taking a wider spectrum, so no, that’s not my logic at all.

I am fully aware of the Sala transfer. The agents manufacturing interest to secure a move is common practice, I would imagine that has happened with many of our transfers both in and out. Yet that is only now being cited as a deal breaker because it suits. An agent arranging a flight has nothing to do with anything, you still need to pay Nantes. If you were unwilling to spend £2000 for a flight for a £15m player then that’s your own lookout and run the risk of him making his own travel arrangements.

As I said, I don’t think this situation would have arisen with many, or indeed any, other club.

An agent arranging the flight has everything to do with it as it is clear negligence from a third party and just further complicates the case as who is liable to pay the transfer. Why should a club pay millions of pounds due to the negligence of someone else? Especially when they could potentially not be legally obliged to do so. The issues with the contract are clearly important enough for them to holdup in court, if they weren't it would have been thrown out already and we would have paid the money. That is not reneging on the contract at all, if it is not correctly completed then it is simply not complete and therefore not legally binding. No doubt the issues would have been quickly resolved if he was still alive but the club never got the opportunity to do so. No insurance company will payout on something that the insurance doesn't legally cover. Personally, I think a flight should have been arranged for him but that was the clubs financial decision not to and like I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing. No one could have foreseen what happened as it is not common for planes carrying footballers to crash into the sea. It was a personal trip he was making and without sounding disrespectful he was a grown man and perfectly capable of arranging his own transport given the money footballers make.

We will never know, I hope anyway, how another club would handle this situation as a footballer dying before the paperwork is 100% completed doesn't happen very often. It is easy to sit on your high horse and say the club should do this or that, but realistically if he was technically a Cardiff City player he would have been covered by the clubs insurance and the transfer would have been covered already. I am pretty sure the club would be perfectly happy letting insurance they pay for cover it, but as he was technically not a registered Cardiff City player, he was not covered.

This has gone off topic anyway and I have spent far too much of my time arguing with someone with nothing better to do with his life than sit on a rivals forum. My original points still stand, you used this topic to have a dig at the club and any transfer difficulties the club has in the future will not be because of the insurance dispute between Cardiff and Nantes.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:08 am

JackSensealot wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Where do you believe I have turned it about me? That's some weird powers of deduction you have there.

I was asked about me, I answered.

what weird powers of deduction ?