Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's the point in having a FIFA governing body when after

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 am

What's the point in having a FIFA governing body when after an 8 month investigation the response is "sort it out between yourselves" farcical.

Re: What's the point in having a FIFA governing body when af

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:What's the point in having a FIFA governing body when after an 8 month investigation the response is "sort it out between yourselves" farcical.

Annis what I dont get is if let clubs sort it out does this mean they didn't find who's player he is? It's very confusing because city either bought him or they didn't fifa have all the paper work to know this! Then they say they will make a judgement if clubs dont settle it? What are they trying to achieve by getting clubs to come to amicable agreement, an agreement they should know details of already.... :roll:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:What's the point in having a FIFA governing body when after an 8 month investigation the response is "sort it out between yourselves" farcical.

My thoughts exactly, just doesn't make sense does it?
All I can think of is, fifa hope both clubs can sort it out so they don't have to.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 am

mistaflux75 wrote:

All I can think of is, fifa hope both clubs can sort it out so they don't have to.

You expect fifa have told them the situation and want clubs to come to amicable agreement to save face for both clubs? Cannot believe fifa does not know the status of contracts ect after 8 months of looking, unless of course legal situation regarding circumstances of his death is an obstacle although cant see it being one.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 am

My assumption on this is that FIFA know the true situation From their comments of sort it out between you sounds as if Sala was not legally a Cardiff player or they would have made us pay But they think this would be unfair for the selling club not to get some compensation as most people really know he was apart from a legal technicality

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:52 am

Milkybarkid wrote:My assumption on this is that FIFA know the true situation From their comments of sort it out between you sounds as if Sala was not legally a Cardiff player or they would have made us pay But they think this would be unfair for the selling club not to get some compensation as most people really know he was apart from a legal technicality

I think you are reading far too much into that. As in most disputes, the governing body is a last resort of mediation is fruitless.

I agree with your last point however, everyone knows what’s going on here and it looks horrendous.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:18 am

I think they are pretty sure this will end in litigation that may override any decision they make. They're hoping / pushing for compromise but failing that they'll leave it to the lawyers. I've little doubt that when the time comes we'll pay up, if that's the way it goes. If Tans packed up and gone by then it could prove a bit of an issue, so maybe a compromise ought to be sought. That said I still cant understand why the operator wasn't correctly insured to carry out his operations.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:31 pm

epping blue wrote:I think they are pretty sure this will end in litigation that may override any decision they make. They're hoping / pushing for compromise but failing that they'll leave it to the lawyers. I've little doubt that when the time comes we'll pay up, if that's the way it goes. If Tans packed up and gone by then it could prove a bit of an issue, so maybe a compromise ought to be sought. That said I still cant understand why the operator wasn't correctly insured to carry out his operations.

I'm sure you are right, they will come back and say he wasn't legally our player, Nantes will appeal, the appeal will fail and they will seek legal advice and try again, and eventually they will get some money from their insurance via a negligence claim.

I would imagine Brexit will be long forgotten about before this is case is finalised!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
mistaflux75 wrote:

You expect fifa have told them the situation and want clubs to come to amicable agreement to save face for both clubs? Cannot believe fifa does not know the status of contracts ect after 8 months of looking, unless of course legal situation regarding circumstances of his death is an obstacle although cant see it being one.

Good point mate

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 pm

They don't have a glue .

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:09 am

This whole situation is just a bit embarrassing for the club now really.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:54 am

epping blue wrote:I think they are pretty sure this will end in litigation that may override any decision they make. They're hoping / pushing for compromise but failing that they'll leave it to the lawyers. I've little doubt that when the time comes we'll pay up, if that's the way it goes. If Tans packed up and gone by then it could prove a bit of an issue, so maybe a compromise ought to be sought. That said I still cant understand why the operator wasn't correctly insured to carry out his operations.

is it the operator or the club ?
if you owned a taxi /river boat / theatre etc and Neymar jumps/comes in is your insurance covering him as a person or expected to cover potential transfer fees. if I were next of kin here id be expecting to be the sole beneficiary of any insurance pay out from the plane insurance . our club / Nantes ,whichever it is deemed he was signed to at time should have their own player insurance to cover his value to the business surely.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:12 am

How can FIFA instruct the 2 clubs to sort the payment of the fee out BEFORE the Report is published by the Aviation Authority? That report will presumably have a say on the wider issue.

StT.
<><

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:18 am

deadmouse wrote:

if you owned a taxi /river boat / theatre etc and Neymar jumps/comes in is your insurance covering him as a person or expected to cover potential transfer fees. if I were next of kin here id be expecting to be the sole beneficiary of any insurance pay out from the plane insurance . our club / Nantes ,whichever it is deemed he was signed to at time should have their own player insurance to cover his value to the business surely.

Player is insured by a club thats a fact.. but in this case whos player was he when he died and which club had him Insured is the relevant point? You'd suspect when that is sorted the insurers of sala will most certainly go after whoever ultimately is responsible for his death to recover their payout. But still doesn't answer question why can't fifa say who's club he was sighned for at time death that would have solved 1st issue and both clubs could move forward, when inquiry is concluded litigation could be focused on guilty party/parties .

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am

pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Player is insured by a club thats a fact.. but in this case whos player was he when he died and which club had him Insured is the relevant point? You'd suspect when that is sorted the insurers of sala will most certainly go after whoever ultimately is responsible for his death to recover their payout. But still doesn't answer question why can't fifa say who's club he was sighned for at time death that would have solved 1st issue and both clubs could move forward, when inquiry is concluded litigation could be focused on guilty party/parties .

It's not a fact. That is probably the issue.

Once Sala was unregistered as a Nantes player their insurance on him would have ended (you cant insure something that isn't yours). I would say the problem is due to the timing of the incident Cardiff had not insured the player yet which is why they were bending over backwards to claim he wasn't their player anyway.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Spot on mate.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:12 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Once Sala was unregistered as a Nantes player their insurance on him would have ended (you cant insure something that isn't yours). I would say the problem is due to the timing of the incident Cardiff had not insured the player yet which is why they were bending over backwards to claim he wasn't their player anyway.

Annis when is this clown going to thrown off this site as how many times must he take cheap shots at our club using a tragic accident?
How many times..... The club has never refused to pay!!!! Unlike Nantes so f**k off to their forum you fool.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:19 pm

JulesK wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:

Annis when is this clown going to thrown off this site as how many times must he take cheap shots at our club using a tragic accident?
How many times..... The club has never refused to pay!!!! Unlike Nantes so f**k off to their forum you fool.

Hes bating me if you look at my posts hes there responding! l explained perfectly the insurance facts but hey oh spoutalot knows better as usual . Think hes got at least 3 names on the go at moment he just loves derailing threads and then says its us because hes only talking sense? :laughing5:

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:26 pm

What I find strange is that they have made this statement BEFORE the crash investigation report has been published.

StT.
<><

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Surely the crash investigation report is irrelevant?

That has no bearing on the paperwork and the club Sala was legally contracted to at the time.

The poor man's club and the insurers may well use the report to go after financials from another party if any one found accountable.

Fifas involvement here is surely to pass verdict on the transfer paperwork. Which is likely to be appealed but it has to start somewhere.