Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW:" CARDIFF CITY TEAM TONIGHT "

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:46 pm

So, Neil Warnock has named an unchanged XI for the third time, something of a luxury given the injury troubles this season.

A welcome return to the bench for Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, expect him to feature at some point tonight to inject that extra pace into the side late on.

But the longer this team plays together, the more comfortable they will feel linking up and they will gel together.

Let’s hope Lee Tomlin and Robert Glatzel can finally find that magic formula tonight, it feels like a partnership that could be devastating the longer it stays together.

Elsewhere the team pretty much picks itself, Gavin Whyte preferred to Junior Hoilett on the right wing and the defence is the usual back four.

Cardiff will be hoping to score first no doubt, perhaps from a set piece, and what they would give for a Glatzel goal...

STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Lee Peltier
Sean Morrison
Aden Flint
Joe Bennett
Joe Ralls
Leandro Bacuna
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Josh Murphy
Robert Glatzel

SUBSTITUTES

Joe Day
Curtis Nelson
Will Vaulks
Callum Paterson
Junior Hoilett
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Omar Bogle

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TONIGHT "

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 pm

How the hell is whyte starting before hoilett baffles me

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Took the words out of my mouth. Whyte instead of Hoilett is an AWFUL decision utterly shocked

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:55 pm

To add with Hoilett and Murphy on the wings I’d have given us half a chance. With whyte who’ve one yet to see take a player on we are doomed. 4-1 defeat

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:03 pm

I really cannot understand Warnock, Whyte for gods sake.

No doubt he has already thought of the excuse

Loss 3 - 1

Re: FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW:" CARDIFF CITY TEAM TONIGHT "

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Is Laing on the bench? Can’t see him warming up

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Only reason I can think of for Whyte starting and Hoilett on the bench is to have a strong team fielded for 90mins instead of dropping off with tiredness

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Let’s be fair if Warnock believes we can win this one he would play Hoilett... whyte is being played as a vanity project

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:59 pm

I'd imagine he's keeping Hoillet fresh to replace Tomlin on the hour and playing him as a number 10 again.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 pm

DEANO wrote:How the hell is whyte starting before hoilett baffles me

I think he is playing well.