Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whyte

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I don’t know if I am missing something but how is Whyte being picked in front of Hoilett? Seen Whyte in every game and can only recall one good touch against Huddersfield. Seems to be no end product.

Hope I am wrong but he looks a long way off a Championship player at this time. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Seems really quiet down at the stadium tonight.

Re: Whyte

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Having a decent game today I think.

Needs to get those crosses off quicker.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Having a decent game today I think.

Needs to get those crosses off quicker.

I thought he did ok tonight. Trouble is he has not really hit the ground running and some were expecting better from him given what Oxford fans were saying about him. Would have to agree he is not obviously an improvement on Hoilett but he should get better and better with each match so it's worth using both of them in a match.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Had a good 1st half .

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Hes too easy to read, defenders at this level are a few steps up from what hes used to and he is struggling. He just puts his head down and runs, in league 2 that works, in the championship they will just step across him or sit a yard back to cut out his pace.

He needs a year or two in the development and coming on as a bit part player to improve.

The talent seems like it is there though in fairness

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm

I think he did OK, probably would have started Hoilett.

I'd have probably left him on ans replaced Tomlin and Glatzel firstly.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Reminds me of a Burke or Noone, wants to take his man on, gain a yard and wip a cross in, only problem as a wide forward in a 4231 he needs to be going straight for goal as Murphy or NML do. Works harder than those do in defence, so i guess thats what Warnock is drawn to.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Sir Neil doesnt want his wingers to cross the ball.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:24 pm

That was Whyte’s best game to day but how he gets picked in from of Hoilett is puzzling. He is clearly way behind both Hoilett & NML.

Can honestly say that he is one of the most frustrating players that I have ever seen. Does the hard work, gets himself in a great position but REFUSES to cross the ball into the box. Time after time there is no end product, no cross or no shot. Lack of confidence? Why would anyone not want to put the ball into the box. It’s not surprising that Glatzel isn’t getting a goal it’s because he is being starved of possession.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Actually thought he played ok tonight, beat his man a few times and looked lively all game. But he needs to deliver the cross quicker and not keep checking inside all the time.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:38 pm

No end product on him which is disappointing from a winger

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 pm

He is doing what Sir Neil wants his wingers to do.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 am

Think he’s our best player..he tries to play without resorting to hoof.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:07 am

He had Bryan worried first half with that pace. it’s nice to see Warnock giving raw talent a go.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:11 am

Surprised he was taken off , his best game so far.
Needs to be quicker in his delivery though,often cuts back inside when he has already beaten the full back.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:43 am

Whyte is improving with each game, good attitude and engine. Good signing.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:23 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I don’t know if I am missing something but how is Whyte being picked in front of Hoilett? Seen Whyte in every game and can only recall one good touch against Huddersfield. Seems to be no end product.

Hope I am wrong but he looks a long way off a Championship player at this time. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Seems really quiet down at the stadium tonight.

I agree with you, though he did play a lot better tonight, but again little end product. Cant understand how he is starting before Hoilett.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 am

I think he has been decent, agree Hoilett probably could have started but Whyte did OK.

He's never going to be the finished article right now but I think over time he will be a great asset.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm

I think both him and Glatzel needed games to get the feel of the championship, the team and the fans. Wouldn't mind betting one or both have a "niggle" soon to take stock and reset themselves.

As so Junior, its a very long hard season and we know he'll get plenty of game time. Still 120 points to play for :old: