Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY THREW EVERYTHING AT FULHAM'S 10 MEN

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:42 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

CARDIFF CITY THREW EVERYTHING AT FULHAM'S 10 MEN BUT COULD ONLY COME AWAY WITH A DRAW AT HOME.

For me it’s 2pts dropped as Fulham did not play no where near as everyone expected and City should of finished them off, once again failing upfront.

Fulham will Be Happy with an Away point.

Second half City were the much better side, and the sending off of Arter was irrelevant. Overall a much improved Cardiff performance. Before this game fans would have taken a draw against a fancied Fulham and City stood up to the challenge. Joe Ralls MOM and for a bit of luck City would have come away with a deserved 3 points.

Cardiff City were by far the better team in second half. Fulham resorted to time wasting tactics. City were throwing the kitchen sink at Fulham’s 10men.

First half Fulham dominated possession but a lot of it played between their centre halves. City have kept their shape very well and an excellent ball by Aden Flint was finished well by Murphy. City looked like going in at half time with a good solid first half team effort but Fulham suckered us on the stroke of half time

Joe Ralls excellent in first half, stand out player for City :bluebird:

Ex Cardiff City player Harry Arter sent off 68th min.

CARDIFF CITY 1 FULHAM 1
H/T 1/1
Crowd 21,631 Away Support (750)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY THREW EVERYTHING AT FULHAM'S 10

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Same story week in week out, piss poor defending costing us at the back and clueless up the other end. Glatzel doesn't look anywhere upto this standard at the moment and we cannot keep saying he needs time to get used to the football. Annoying because how many corners and attacking throwings did we have, and yet couldn't get a head on the ball. Great to see we had some fight but again looking clueless up top

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Two totally different teams chalk and cheese .I think we were doing ok before after went off they had a lot of possession did t do much with it .If they'd stayed at 11 men think we might of struggled as the game went on.
Gatzel didnt have much service playing up top on his own but when the chance came he missed the target .he could of played mendez in but kept the ball to long so i think hes one of those who need to play alongside someone to run off .
Hard as a center forward in this team with the style of play .
Overall for me a fair point but there goal again was annoying by us for him to stroll in like that but hes a good player isnt he.
Team are coming together I think other teams will struggle against us but the mistakes have to stop at the back and at the other end we have to score more goals simple ur haaa

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Did ok,another excellent performance from Ralls who is player of the season so far. Two disappointments. Firstly we don't seem to be any threat from set pieces despite having the tallest side in the division,our long throw is a complete waste of time. Secondly Glatzel is beginning to take on the mantle of the new Madine,granted the service to him in the first half was terrible but when he does get a chance he fluffs it.Like to see more of Bogle if he continues like this.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 pm

brickyblue wrote:Two totally different teams chalk and cheese .I think we were doing ok before after went off they had a lot of possession did t do much with it .If they'd stayed at 11 men think we might of struggled as the game went on.
Gatzel didnt have much service playing up top on his own but when the chance came he missed the target .he could of played mendez in but kept the ball to long so i think hes one of those who need to play alongside someone to run off .
Hard as a center forward in this team with the style of play .
Overall for me a fair point but there goal again was annoying by us for him to stroll in like that but hes a good player isnt he.
Team are coming together I think other teams will struggle against us but the mistakes have to stop at the back and at the other end we have to score more goals simple ur haaa

Agree with what your saying about the way we play being hard for the centre forward. Ironically, I think the only man in the division who could do the job is Mitrovitch.

Still would have taken a point before the game in all honesty and still unbeaten at home albeit disappointed we couldn't push on when Arter went off.

Think our home form could be crucial this season if we're to mount a challenge on the playoffs.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Starting to get concerned about Glatzel,looking poor in the air,hold up play not great and still waiting for his first goal.Time for Bogle to start.
Bacuna is growing into this team and good for him.
Poor poor Arter :laughing6:
Two points dropped tho :banghead:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 pm

I though my we showed more composed aggression tonight but also showed again and again we got leaks in defence ... 3 defenders around mitrovic and he walked into that corner.

Whyte has talent without a dout hes exactly what a championship side needs some continuously running at defenders and picking up corners. Best player on the pitch I thought.

Glatzel again is being played again like every single striker we have out of position... hes a striker give him that role ffs instead of him sitting in a attacking midfield position.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Glatz gets shit service, granted the other game he should of opened his account. Wingers dont cross the ball and no one is making runs for him to pass too.

Something needs to change up front.

Bacuna was good today, passes well and got stuck in. Dont think i seen him make a bad pass?

Defence coped well except the goal, we just need to get the last 3rd going because you cant defend well every game and ralls and bacuna doing the grafting and nothing happens up front.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm sorry. Whoever moans about the way we play. Yes we didn't play the best tonight. But if I had to watch what Fulham serve up every week I'd be bored as f**k. Twenty passes between CBs then one to Arter who played it back, another 20 between them then one hoof up to Mitrovic.

But the media tell us THAT is how we're supposed to play football. Bullshit... At least our boys get me out of my seat.

((P.s. forgot our finishing heads today - Mozza so close!! Awesome atmosphere. Enjoyed that but feels ever so slightly like a loss))

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Thought we generally did well irrespective of the extra player
Not very impressed by Fulham, don't see them making top 2 if I'm honest. Silly to conceded the goal and pretty my their only chance.

Couldn't understand the subs, took far to long to take Tomlin off who was a passenger and why Glatzel stayed on I couldn't understand. We needed a new threat as Tomlin and Glatzel were poor but we changed the wide players instead.

Felt we could have won it. They played for a draw, very poor time wasting.

Looked more like the city that got promoted.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I'm sorry. Whoever moans about the way we play. Yes we didn't play the best tonight. But if I had to watch what Fulham serve up every week I'd be bored as f**k. Twenty passes between CBs then one to Arter who played it back, another 20 between them then one hoof up to Mitrovic.

But the media tell us THAT is how we're supposed to play football. Bullshit... At least our boys get me out of my seat.

((P.s. forgot our finishing heads today - Mozza so close!! Awesome atmosphere. Enjoyed that but feels ever so slightly like a loss))

Haha i know, same for when we beat Luton. Because a team plays it around the back and side to side there playing quality football.

I want us to get the ball and get attacking

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Logie wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:I'm sorry. Whoever moans about the way we play. Yes we didn't play the best tonight. But if I had to watch what Fulham serve up every week I'd be bored as f**k. Twenty passes between CBs then one to Arter who played it back, another 20 between them then one hoof up to Mitrovic.

Haha i know, same for when we beat Luton. Because a team plays it around the back and side to side there playing quality football.

I want us to get the ball and get attacking

Exactly. It's all they pretty much ended up doing anyway was hoofing it to Mitrovic when we found our shape and held tight.

For info. Fulham played 74 long balls to our 58.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 pm

Glatzel is feeding off scraps, Kane would struggle with these tactics ffs!!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 pm

Tomlin was a passenger because we bipass central midfield! I totally understand why Reid wanted out!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Agree with you -they were painful to watch at times back and forth then back again - dull as f**k.

Disappointed that we never really looked like we had a clue how to break them down when Arter was sent off.

30 minutes against 10 men and their keeper didn't have one save to make in all that time.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 pm

davids wrote:

Agree with you -they were painful to watch at times back and forth then back again - dull as f**k.

Disappointed that we never really looked like we had a clue how to break them down when Arter was sent off.

30 minutes against 10 men and their keeper didn't have one save to make in all that time.

In fairness the game was so disrupted by their tactics (ffs 3 players with cramp) we couldn't get any momentum going forward! But will say NW needs to do something to help glatzel he didn't get any help all night no wonder we didn't threaten that much..... bogle should come on as soon as arta was sent off! As for Fulham cannot see them top 6 never mind top 2 they were awful absolutely no substance to their play and if wasn't for appalling defence mistake couldn't see them scoring. , no wonder they lost Saturday even with 77% possession.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:56 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:02 pm

Why not give NML a chance up front?

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:32 pm

BC-CB wrote:Why not give NML a chance up front?

We a ton of strikers, it's the way we play.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BC-CB wrote:Why not give NML a chance up front?

We a ton of strikers, it's the way we play.

And that's the problem at moment need to alter or adapt things to get best out of glatzel :thumbup: