Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham Overplay Cardiff Underplay

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Two teams that will be kicking around 10th to 6th.

Why the fcuk Paterson came on is beyond me. 4231 is tough on the 2 DM's they played really well though considering it was like the alamo in midfield.

Morrison was owned by Mitrovic as he does every game, luckily i doubt there is anyone else of his class to play accept the return leg.

Whyte is a 442 winger not a 4231 wide forward.

Going to be a long winter, but they do give it all.

Re: Fulham Overplay Cardiff Underplay

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:53 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Two teams that will be kicking around 10th to 6th.

Why the fcuk Paterson came on is beyond me. 4231 is tough on the 2 DM's they played really well though considering it was like the alamo in midfield.

Morrison was owned by Mitrovic as he does every game, luckily i doubt there is anyone else of his class to play accept the return leg.

Morrison was great tonight

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Mitro left him in a heap in the centre box before the goal. Looked a 50/50 foul from my seat. But you gotta get up and get back against quality like him!

Apart from that Mozza seemed to hold him off well. Didn't lose many headers and kept him back towards goal.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez, I believe you'll be ploughing a lone furrow on that assessment. Be interesting when his real son, Sol is ready what happens.
Although he is the captain, when Sol is near the field he is the leader and I think Sol organises the team and improves Morrison far beyond the player we are seeing now.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I would say that he looks like he's lost a yard of pace but he never had one in the first place. Looks really laboured when he runs. Never brings the ball under control when it's coming to him in the air - just heads it even when he's under no pressure instead of trying to bring it down.

Might as well stay back for corners and free kicks because unlike the year we went up he is now absolutely no threat whatsoever from set pieces. Should have buried that free header towards the end of the game - he actually could have controlled the ball and had a shot. Seems to have lost the ability to head the ball on target.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:59 pm

davids wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I would say that he looks like he's lost a yard of pace but he never had one in the first place. Looks really laboured when he runs. Never brings the ball under control when it's coming to him in the air - just heads it even when he's under no pressure instead of trying to bring it down.

Might as well stay back for corners and free kicks because unlike the year we went up he is now absolutely no threat whatsoever from set pieces. Should have buried that free header towards the end of the game - he actually could have controlled the ball and had a shot. Seems to have lost the ability to head the ball on target.

He may have had mitrovic covered but he was generally poor tonight and think bamba is better fit in defence with flint. And yes everyone says same thing he as lost ability of being dangerous in opposition area tonight another example of him missing target when free and under no pressure 6yrds out happens to frequently now.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:37 am

Morrison was at fault for the goal. He was on the ground out of position and didn't bust a gut to get back so we were all over place in our own penalty area. Exactly the same thing happened at Wolves last season. He will win his share of aerial duels but is outdone time and time again by on the deck football. Which is played in the championship and isn't the sole domain of top PL sides. From what I see, if he couldn't aide Sir Neils tactic of long throws all the up the pitch from deep in our own half he'd be nowhere near the side.

Our throw ins and effort to gain yards are like rugby line outs and I hate rugby.