Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glatzel good enough?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Blew his big chance tonight when he put his header wide, it was a chance he should have put away to win us the game.
I'm starting to think hes not up to it?

Re: Glatzel good enough?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:30 pm

He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is worth his price tag

He has missed a few sitters aswell

5 games , No goals, no assists

He does not even look like scoring

The problem is we have said this about pretty much every striker we have had in the last few years

They all struggle in this team, that is either because none are good enough or we just dont use them to there strengths

We may as well not play with a striker and just go with 3 of our wingers in a front 3
Last edited by thomasblue on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:30 pm

He’s shite another 5 mil down the pan

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Really want to be proven wrong on this guy but I fear he will always be known as the man who scored a hat trick agonist bayern. Tonight he never ran into space, run at the defenders when he should of passed, even one point I'm sure, just after we scored the ball was played to Murphy and glatzel ran to kick the ball stopping Murphy shooting. He ran into our own players a few times. And at one point I even heard the joke he was man marking their centre halves because he never moved away from them

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Really poor header which at the least should have been on target.

You get what you pay for and he is a trier but nowhere near likely to get 15 goals in the championship.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Bergkamp didn't score in his first seven games for Arsenal. He turned out ok.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Every chance he could be alright but now it’s time to start Bogle.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 pm

I think he has looked decent previously but poor tonight. Not to concerned as service was awful but can't understand why it wasn't changed about.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Bergkamp didn't score in his first seven games for Arsenal. He turned out ok.

Comparing glatzel to bergkamp :lol:

I thought he did pretty good tonight tbh. Defo should’ve scored his header, but if it wasn’t for a good save he would’ve had his goal in the first half. His link up play was decent enough but can be improved, and at least he’s got a touch and can win a header.

He needs that goal to relieve some pressure on himself

It’s going to be difficult for any striker in your set up though.

I wouldn’t say any of the other strikers are better than him
Last edited by Jimmykingz on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theclaw wrote:Every chance he could be alright but now it’s time to start Bogle.

Bogle is garbage pointless I’d rather stick flint up front

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:Bergkamp didn't score in his first seven games for Arsenal. He turned out ok.

Not sure that's what he is doing, he is comparing the scenario. Don't be daft.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
theclaw wrote:Every chance he could be alright but now it’s time to start Bogle.

Bogle is garbage pointless I’d rather stick flint up front

Yep and that's a great response :roll:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Not giving up on him yet, he was yelling for the ball unmarked when Murphy scored, took another off Murphy when he shot tamely on goal when Murphy was better placed. Admittedly should have scored with the header, but he knew that and was clearly gutted.
Hopefully, just needs a bit of luck, a miss kicked goal is sometimes all it takes, the longer the drought goes on the more worrying it gets though. The way we set up and with the lack of creativity, I don't think many strikers would score regularly though.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Not giving up on him yet, he was yelling for the ball unmarked when Murphy scored, took another off Murphy when he shot tamely on goal when Murphy was better placed. Admittedly should have scored with the header, but he knew that and was clearly gutted.
Hopefully, just needs a bit of luck, a miss kicked goal is sometimes all it takes, the longer the drought goes on the more worrying it gets though. The way we set up and with the lack of creativity, I don't think many strikers would score regularly though.

Agreed.

We’re still not playing him into space where looks better.

The early ball is what he needs.

He got denied by an excellent save in the 1st half and should have done better with the header in the 2nd half, but neither chance was anywhere near as easy as Morrison’s header !!!!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:18 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Blew his big chance tonight when he put his header wide, it was a chance he should have put away to win us the game.
I'm starting to think hes not up to it?

He gets a chance every other game. No striker, even a good one, can survive on that.

StT.
<><

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 pm

No service to him living off scraps

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 pm

thomasblue wrote:He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is worth his price tag

The problem is we have said this about pretty much every striker we have had in the last few years

They all struggle in this team, that is either because none are good enough or we just dont use them to there strengths

We may as well not play with a striker and just go with 3 of our wingers in a front 3

How many real chances have we created for him?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 pm

Didn't think we could find another 6ft plus striker who is as poor in the air as Big Ken but somehow we've managed it.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:25 pm

nubbsy wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is worth his price tag

How many real chances have we created for him?

its not he isn't getting goals, his all round game is poor.
been waiting for an improvement but there is none.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:27 am

He might come good, but i'd drop him next game and go with Bogle or Paterson

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:33 am

BobbyBlue wrote:

Nope.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:49 am

The ink is barely dry on his contract and some fans want him dropped or say he's not good enough? Give him a break. He's just moved his family from Germany, he's got to adjust to the Championship and he's hardly playing in a team doing well at the moment is he! He's feeding off scraps. I much prefer his honesty and work rate than Zahore who would amble through games. We need to stick by him for next round games to the October international break at least. I am sure he will come good but making judgements on him after just 6 games is really unfair.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:01 am

Needs a goal fast,or as we ve seen before the fans will turn on him,I don’t agree that the system ain’t helping him,he’s had his chances,he’s just not taking them

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:33 am

100& agree m8

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 am

I think it is a tough for a striker that has never played in the championship to be expected to mostly play up front with very little service and then expect him to score a hat full of goals. Ive seen all the home games - and each time come away thinking - any moment now it will drop for him and he'll get on the end of something - or someone will thread him the killer pass to run on to etc.

He needs encouragement and more importantly that first goal to take the pressure off a little.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 am

Cardiff fans again :banghead:
His service is utter shit I'm sure theres a reason why our top scorer under warnock is barely getting double figures over last few seasons :old:
His service is shocking a hopeful cross or deal with a ball that's been lumped in the air.
What is the poor lad supposed to do.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:00 am

He looks a tidy player; good first touch and picks the right pass. He’s probably not physical enough for the lone target man role though. Need bodies around him to play the give and goes, but we all know that’s not our game. Early signs are that he’s a square peg in a round role. Really hope I’m wrong and that he can forge a partnership with Tomlin.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:11 am

It will never ever happen in a month of Sundays but with Tomlin looking good but only for an hour an Glatzel in need of a goal but the jury out on his role and physical demands we need them both on the pitch at the end of a game not subbing off even when we are not winning.
Put Callum Patterson and A. N. Other on at the start and tell him to run himself out for half an hour. At some point between then and half time, swap for Glatzel and Tomlin who can stand a chance of capitalising on a wearier oppositions defence. Something needs to happen as our changes from the bench do nothing

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 am

He just needs a goal and should have got it with the header but he got himself into the right position 3 times in the first half, Murphy scored but Glatzel had a tap in if he had squared it and Whyte and Tomlin had crosses blocked when he was well placed to score.

I really think we are a better team with him than without him, Luton in mid week showed that, so we need to stay with him and goals will come.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: