Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Glatzel good enough?

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:31 am

I think he'll come good. He reminds me of Rudy Gestede, who, like Glatzel, was learning & developing all the time.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:51 am

Still not sure with Glatzel. What you have to remember is playing up front for Cardiff is like existing in some form of dead zone matrix type thing where no biological form of life can thrive. I would point out that between them Madine Niasse and Glatzel have played 38 games without a single goal. Of our wingers only Hoilett seemsz capable of getting a decent cross into the box. We have asummed that Glatzel was decent in the air but the evidence so farz suggests that this's may not be the case. Certainly if our toothless attack continues like this there is no way we will make even the playoffs.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:53 am

aberdare-blue wrote:Cardiff fans again :banghead:
His service is utter shit I'm sure theres a reason why our top scorer under warnock is barely getting double figures over last few seasons :old:
His service is shocking a hopeful cross or deal with a ball that's been lumped in the air.
What is the poor lad supposed to do.

I agree it's the way we play. Yes he has missed chances but it's to be expected he doesn't quite have the composure to finish whnr he has been running and chasing all game.

I thought he was poor last night but generally he has done well.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:34 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:It will never ever happen in a month of Sundays but with Tomlin looking good but only for an hour an Glatzel in need of a goal but the jury out on his role and physical demands we need them both on the pitch at the end of a game not subbing off even when we are not winning.
Put Callum Patterson and A. N. Other on at the start and tell him to run himself out for half an hour. At some point between then and half time, swap for Glatzel and Tomlin who can stand a chance of capitalising on a wearier oppositions defence. Something needs to happen as our changes from the bench do nothing

I tend to agree with that I said yesterday maybe we should swap the other way round and bring glatzel on half time

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Get off the lads back, hes good enough if we play to his strengths. If we play like Fulham or Leeds he would score a she load, the fact is we play hoof ball and most strikers will struggle in our team. If this is going to be our style of play then we have to play with 2 proper strikers not a fauls 10. Tomlin done nothing all game yet Gratzel gets a kicking.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm

He doesn't seem good enough to me. His turn of pace isn't great and he reminds me of zohore. I'm a big warnock supporter but during his career his record of signing strikers is poor

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:29 pm

dazza wrote:Get off the lads back, hes good enough if we play to his strengths. If we play like Fulham or Leeds he would score a she load, the fact is we play hoof ball and most strikers will struggle in our team. If this is going to be our style of play then we have to play with 2 proper strikers not a fauls 10. Tomlin done nothing all game yet Gratzel gets a kicking.

Always thought our brand of Warnock hoofball would work better with an old fashioned 4-4-2 rather than this ridiculous false no 10 nonsense. The way we are going I would be amazed if Glatzel or any of our strikers get into double figures with goals this season.Harry Kane would struggle up front for us.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 pm

It will come for him .its a difficult one to come here and straight away play up top on your own .He never got much service he seems to be finding his feet seems a bit behind play at the moment for me but that will come .he has to gamble more aswell.Would suitr him to play alongside another I think.
Time will tell but he should of done better with his header hed be disappointed with that .

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:43 pm

The one he took off Murphy wasn’t a bad decision - pretty sure Murphy was offside.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:34 pm

What’s the German word for brothel.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Really harsh to write Gratzel off. From what I’ve see of him he’s got decent pace, a good touch and is decent in the air. He’s been brought in as a target man but that isn’t his game. He’s much better with ball to feet and running in behind, like he did with Tomlin though ball. He’s missed s couple of chances but as someone else has said, he’s living off scraps and gets one opportunity a game at best. It’s no coincidence our strikers haven’t faired well under Warnock. There’s a lack of creativity and we’ve struggled to score goals for the past two seasons. When Fulham went down to ten men, instead of spreading play out wide and then switching it to stretch the defence we lumped it up to Gratzel and Paterson from deep. Didn’t work all game. If we want to move up the table, we need to start playing to his strengths.