Time Wasting

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time Wasting

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Time wasting seemed to take over the game tonight long before Arter’s red card.

From early on the keeper wasted huge amounts of time & to make matters worse only a minute was added onto the end of the first half. Absolutely laughable. It was quite clear that the keeper worked out that the ref was so weak that he could safely get away with wasting time every time that he touched the ball. He should have bee booked in the first 20 mins. All the ref did was give him a warning or turn a blind eye time after time. How did it take the ref 70 mins to get his card out?

Thought that’s the refs performance was totally inept & allowing so much blatant time wasting was an embarrassment. Teams do waste time however if there was a medal for time wasting then no doubt Fulham would win the gold medal. It was shameful.
bridgendbluebird30

Time Wasting

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Time Wasting

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Time wasting seemed to take over the game tonight long before Arter’s red card.

From early on the keeper wasted huge amounts of time & to make matters worse only a minute was added onto the end of the first half. Absolutely laughable. It was quite clear that the keeper worked out that the ref was so weak that he could safely get away with wasting time every time that he touched the ball. He should have bee booked in the first 20 mins. All the ref did was give him a warning or turn a blind eye time after time. How did it take the ref 70 mins to get his card out?

Thought that’s the refs performance was totally inept & allowing so much blatant time wasting was an embarrassment. Teams do waste time however if there was a medal for time wasting then no doubt Fulham would win the gold medal. It was shameful.

The referee was stronger on time wasting than any ref if seen to be honest. Had a word with the keeper in the first half. Booked him, booked a player slowly walking off, booked another for pretending to be injured.

Still wasn't enough because you won't stamp it out completely
paulh_85

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Fulham are a disgusting club tbh, cant stand anything about them.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Fulham are a disgusting club tbh, cant stand anything about them.

Because of a bit of time wasting?
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Fulham are a disgusting club tbh, cant stand anything about them.

No in general.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Dont think he follows football with city as its common knowledge we dont like Fulham especially their fans! As for time wasting can someone tell me how 3 of their players got cramp? Especially mitrovic who did sfa all night besides been given a goal by us?
pembroke allan

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Dont think he follows football with city as its common knowledge we dont like Fulham especially their fans! As for time wasting can someone tell me how 3 of their players got cramp? Especially mitrovic who did sfa all night besides been given a goal by us?

Cos Mitrovic is a complete dick brilliant player for this level but acts like scum on the pitch. Should have been banned for a long time for his play acting in pretending to have been kicked in the face v Huddersfield but of course the FA do nothing about it. And as for Arter utter disgrace bout time something far more serious was done for diving like that.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby billy ronson » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:23 am

On Sky after the game, Keith Andrews seemed to say he didn’t agree with Warnock and thought we time wasted at every opportunity like at throw ins ? He said he didn’t blame us for using those tactics to break the game up .
I couldn’t believe how negative Fulham were even when it was 0-0 especially after all the hype in the media,etc about their playing style ! :o
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby fred keenor » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:33 am

Thought the ref had a good game, not very often will you see such blatant time wasting punished by bookings.
fred keenor

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 am

fred keenor wrote:Thought the ref had a good game, not very often will you see such blatant time wasting punished by bookings.

Agree. And six minutes of added time too which became closer to seven. We never waste time though do we.

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 am

phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Cos Mitrovic is a complete dick brilliant player for this level but acts like scum on the pitch. Should have been banned for a long time for his play acting in pretending to have been kicked in the face v Huddersfield but of course the FA do nothing about it. And as for Arter utter disgrace bout time something far more serious was done for diving like that.

Phil hes found his level as he scores fair few goals from poor defending like last night! Yes hes a very good player but lacks class in how he plays the game the incident you've mentioned shows that. :thumbright:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 am

Just interested. For anyone who watched on TV. Was the time wasting as obvious on telly and did the commentators mention it?
jimmy_rat

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:03 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Just interested. For anyone who watched on TV. Was the time wasting as obvious on telly and did the commentators mention it?

Yes it was and yes they did.
Llan_Blue

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:13 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Just interested. For anyone who watched on TV. Was the time wasting as obvious on telly and did the commentators mention it?

Did they go in on Scott Parker and Fulham as much as they would have if it was us playing like that? Or are they still the darlings.
jimmy_rat

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Did they go in on Scott Parker and Fulham as much as they would have if it was us playing like that? Or are they still the darlings.

Nope they still love them. Part of it must also be the London club bias you get in the media. They’d love to see half the prem or more be London clubs.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Phil hes found his level as he scores fair few goals from poor defending like last night! Yes hes a very good player but lacks class in how he plays the game the incident you've mentioned shows that. :thumbright:

Not sure its really about "class", and not sure what class is on a football pitch. There's very little in my book but winning is what it's about. Arter didn't/ doesn't have class but I'd rather him in our midfield and he'd make us stronger. Sir Neil doesn't have class and us quote about Liverpool loaning to Bouremouth over us was crass. I don't care if mitrovich has class, I respect his ability to put ball in net and wish we had someone to do same. Morrison has no class but has been our captain for seasons. Last two players I would say had football class for us were Whitts and McPhail imo. But maybe that says I think class involves ball retention, vision and a decent dead ball delivery. Others may think class altogether different as I imagine it varies a lot.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Not sure its really about "class", and not sure what class is on a football pitch. There's very little in my book but winning is what it's about. Arter didn't/ doesn't have class but I'd rather him in our midfield and he'd make us stronger. Sir Neil doesn't have class and us quote about Liverpool loaning to Bouremouth over us was crass. I don't care if mitrovich has class, I respect his ability to put ball in net and wish we had someone to do same. Morrison has no class but has been our captain for seasons. Last two players I would say had football class for us were Whitts and McPhail imo. But maybe that says I think class involves ball retention, vision and a decent dead ball delivery. Others may think class altogether different as I imagine it varies a lot.

Class as in the way he plays game diving feigning injury ect! nothing to do with his class in ability? :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

No in general.

Class as in the way he plays game diving feigning injury ect! nothing to do with his class in ability? :thumbup:

If class involves not diving or feigning injury or not falling down at the brush of a feather then in football in 2019 there is a very small group of players left to chose from.

Return to General Chat