Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Front four

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 pm

I’d love to see us try a front four of Glatzel Murphy Hoilett and NML when they are all fully fit.

I think they’d rip teams a new asshole. I’ve a feeling soon we are going to smash 4 or 5 past somebody.

Re: Front four

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:27 am

Llan_Blue wrote:I’d love to see us try a front four of Glatzel Murphy Hoilett and NML when they are all fully fit.

I think they’d rip teams a new asshole. I’ve a feeling soon we are going to smash 4 or 5 past somebody.

Love your enthusiasm

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:30 am

Llan_Blue wrote:I’d love to see us try a front four of Glatzel Murphy Hoilett and NML when they are all fully fit.

Love your enthusiasm

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:38 am

Take Glatzel out for Bogle and if Ralls and Bacuna play as well as they did vs Fulham you have

Ralls
Bacuna

Murphy
Hoilett
NML

Bogle.

Then with Tomlin as an option for Hoilett, Vaulks for the midfield, Whyte out wide and Paterson just about anywhere we're looking alright.

Just wish we had signed a proven championship striker and a faster centre half and suddenly that team can win the league

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 am

I would like to see a front 4 of

Murphy Hoilett Mendez and Tomlin.

The front three just swapping round constantly with Tomlin supplying them. Playing with a striker obviously doesn't work so why not play the wingers instead

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:45 am

I think those 4 haven't done enough so far......

None have any (or little) defensive responsibility so they need to score at least 2 a game in this system. I think its too attacking. So much so that we give up any chance to hold onto the ball in midfield and actively create chances.

I want to watch footballers not good all round athletes, but IMO Tomlin is not a starter, we lose too much in terms of the midfield to get him on the pitch. He has tried to get fit, but just hasn't the athleticism we need. Makes me wonder if that is where Vaulks ends up and Tomlin comes on for 20 min cameo's.

You can see the mechanics of a decent championship striker in the German lad, i haven't given up on him yet, Sergio Augero would have trouble netting for us.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 am

thomasblue wrote:I would like to see a front 4 of

Murphy Hoilett Mendez and Tomlin.

The front three just swapping round constantly with Tomlin supplying them. Playing with a striker obviously doesn't work so why not play the wingers instead

That would also work imo.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:00 am

I think so, not sure Tomlin offers enough and Hoilett has done well in the number 10 role.