Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FULHAM QUESTIONS HARRY ARTER'S SENDING OFF

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:36 am

Parker questions Arter dismissal
By Dan

Scott Parker questioned referee Tim Robinson’s decision to send off Harry Arter after the Whites clung on for a point on a tempestuous night in Cardiff.

The Fulham midfielder, who spent last season on loan with the Bluebirds, was shown a second yellow card for simulation after clashing with Cardiff captain Sean Morrison. Parker felt that there was contact on his player and suggested that the referee might have been too hasty in pulling out his cards.

"The question you have to ask yourself is: did he get touched? If he’s got touched, then it’s a foul. Now maybe he has gone down a little bit late, but if he doesn’t go down then they get a corner. I understand what we’re saying here, but if he’s been touched, then it’s a foul. The big question is, has he touched him? And for me, [Morrison’s] clearly gone across him and affected him. That’s just my point, that’s how I see it.

You need to understand, this game’s being played at a ridiculous pace, and when we look at things nice and slow in replays, frame by frame, of course things always look worse. At the end of the day, when the player’s on the field running at pace… Look, I see it for what it is, I understand that, but my point is that if he’s been touched then it’s a foul."

The Fulham manager felt that the dismissal was the pivotal moment in a match that his side had largely dominated until that point – but he was pleased with Fulham’s application as they hung on for a precious point.

"It definitely cost us, for sure. I thought first half we were poor and I was really disappointed with us at half-time. Second half we got more control, played the ball a little more, waited for our moment, moved them around a little bit more, and if let like we got a foothold in the game, and I just felt it was a matter of time until we got on top of that.
And then going down to 10 men against a team like Cardiff, a tough opposition, they put a lot of pressure on us, and ultimately I look at it as a point well gained."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FULHAM QUESTIONS HARRY ARTER'S SENDING OFF

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 am

What a load of bollocks

Is it now a foul the moment you get touched? Is it a completely contact free game Parker you knob? The reason he got booked was because after the slightest of touches he threw himself to the ground like he'd been assaulted - in fact just like the tackle he got booked for a few minutes earlier.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:53 am

He sounded like a right knob in his interview, he looked embarrassed for himself whilst trying to justify it.

Harry arter dived to stop the corner and got caught . Deserved red card end of story, no excuses for cheating.

You could see even Harry himself didnt really argue when the card came out because he knew he was wrong.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:05 am

Oh my God......I can't believe what I have just read as a "quote" from that pansy Parker. If he actually said what is quoted he's just as big a cheat as Arter.

I loved Arter last year, he was brilliant for us, but he's obviously been to the Mitrovic School of Drama and picked up the basics very well. He was about 5 yards away from Morrison when he decided to try his newly learned acting skills. For me it should have been a straight red just for the lack of finesse in the dive. If he was on the West End he would have been booed off at the interval! :shock:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:08 am

The question you have to ask yourself is: did he get touched? If he’s got touched, then it’s a foul.

So "The Touch" on Flint in the penalty area in the 2nd half was in fact a penalty thanks for clearing that up Scott.

I think he should worry more about our team showing the rest of the Championship how to handle his expensively assembled Fulham team AKA Tippy Tap Utd.

We probably pay Ralls and Bacuna less than Fulham are paying Arter each week and I know who I prefer playing for the Bluebirds.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:04 am

Can’t upset his brother in law now can he :laughing6:

Should start bringing in 5 games bans for such blatant diving. This should also include other forms of play acting like what Mitrovic did against Fulham in pretending to have been kicked in the face.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:12 am

I missed that new rule change about a touch being a foul. Seems the ref did as well because I swear several of our players were touched on numerous occasions in the penalty area. We should have had at least 20 penalties.

What an idiot Parker is.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:20 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Oh my God......I can't believe what I have just read as a "quote" from that pansy Parker. If he actually said what is quoted he's just as big a cheat as Arter.

I loved Arter last year, he was brilliant for us, but he's obviously been to the Mitrovic School of Drama and picked up the basics very well. He was about 5 yards away from Morrison when he decided to try his newly learned acting skills. For me it should have been a straight red just for the lack of finesse in the dive. If he was on the West End he would have been booed off at the interval! :shock:

That's exactly how he said it on sky. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 am

Game being played at a fast face.....he does know this was Morrison ffs lol.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Game being played at a fast face.....he does know this was Morrison ffs lol.

Lmao. Exactly :laughing5:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Game being played at a fast face.....he does know this was Morrison ffs lol.

Rare to see the words "Morrison" and "fast" in the same sentence.

His face may be fast but the rest of him moves like a slug.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:05 pm

Let’s be honest if he’d kept his mouth shut and not spouted off to the ref he wouldn’t have booked him a second time

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:08 pm

And as for bringing in 5 games for diving Murphy would never play for us again

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:08 pm

And as for bringing in 5 games for diving Murphy would never play for us again

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Let’s be honest if he’d kept his mouth shut and not spouted off to the ref he wouldn’t have booked him a second time

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm

What was really obvious watching last nights game is that Artur is a very average player - I for one am pleased we didnt sign him on big wages.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Ha ha what a cheat

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:36 pm

At end day ref should have used common sense he already gave corner so leave it at that and warn him and manager next indiscretion hes off so giving parker chance to substitute him. It's happened before on numerous occasions.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:54 pm

Morrison’s nutmeg was priceless but just wish we’d ditch his long throw.

BTW Parker is deluded.