Any Ice Hockey fans here?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 am

Went to Belfast on the weekend and saw the Giants were playing the Panthers in a Champions League game so went along.

I haven't been to watch ice hockey in a while, but normally go and watch the Cardiff Devils.

I forgot how exciting the game was! German fans were mental fair play.

I'll definitely be going down to a few more Devils games
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Any Ice Hockey fans here?

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Went to Belfast on the weekend and saw the Giants were playing the Panthers in a Champions League game so went along.

I haven't been to watch ice hockey in a while, but normally go and watch the Cardiff Devils.

Saw Wayne gretski in 80s Edmonton Oilers now that is tough hockey league...
pembroke allan

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Yes, tho I haven’t kept up with the new signings and missed the CHL games..
Think Morrisette and Fournier have gone, saw the Giants/ Augsburg goals. Apparently the new signings were good, reading on the Inferno report.
rumpo kid

Postby billy ronson » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm

The CHL games are live on “Freesports” !

I think Devils away at Mountfield is on Thursday @5pm
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:56 pm

I’ve been meaning to go down the ice rink to catch a game or two, haven’t been for 3 or 4 seasons now, think I’m due a trip :lol:
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I’ve been meaning to go down the ice rink to catch a game or two, haven’t been for 3 or 4 seasons now, think I’m due a trip :lol:

Love to go but got so many commitments in cdf already will have to move there if go devils aswell! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby CF64 BLUE » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:54 am

Regular down the Viola Arena, some very skilled and exciting players on the Devil's roster atm.
Fournier is still with the Devil's and is probably the best player, Linglet is like a Rolls Royce on the ice, we've signed the Belfast capt from last season (Blair Riley).
Two home games coming up Sat and Sun (Guildford and Braehead), the Guildford game will be a cracker as never more than a couple of goals in it.
CF64 BLUE

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:00 am

My mistake, didn’t know Fournier had signed back on.. it is good fun there, if not a little cheesy.
rumpo kid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:04 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Went to Belfast on the weekend and saw the Giants were playing the Panthers in a Champions League game so went along.

I enjoy the ice hockey but it isn’t the same as it used to be unfortunately.
Less fighting , less big hits - sort of takes half the game away for me.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

NHL has gone the same way.. it’s good hockey, but less enforcers in it now. They still have standing in the European leagues, so the atmosphere is good. Devils atmosphere is ok for certain games, but poorer for less fighting.
rumpo kid

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:53 pm

billy ronson wrote:The CHL games are live on “Freesports” !

I think Devils away at Mountfield is on Thursday @5pm

Live on FreeSports yesterday too. Beat Graz 99ers 2 - 5
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:04 pm

There were always fights against Manchester Storm, at one point it was guaranteed before the puck was dropped, seen a few bench clearances down the old ice rink, I think in the past 5 years (3 games) I’ve seen 1 punch up start and the refs were quick to put a stop to it down the new rink. Not got the time to go down now, made use of my mates business season tickets for those 3 games lol
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Regular down the Viola Arena, some very skilled and exciting players on the Devil's roster atm.
Fournier is still with the Devil's and is probably the best player, Linglet is like a Rolls Royce on the ice, we've signed the Belfast capt from last season (Blair Riley).
Two home games coming up Sat and Sun (Guildford and Braehead), the Guildford game will be a cracker as never more than a couple of goals in it.

Linglet is class, enjoy watching him, same as for Hotham. Be interesting to see the new lines this season, tho will probably watch more on TV as atmos is a bit tame these days. Guildford will be good, but its becoming a bit like the PL. Hope more teams can step up this year, but cant see past Devils or Giants, maybe Steelers if their signings gel.
rumpo kid

Postby CF64 BLUE » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:25 am

rumpo kid wrote:My mistake, didn’t know Fournier had signed back on.. it is good fun there, if not a little cheesy.

I reckon it's good entertainment..the hockey and the evening as a whole, as the season progresses tickets are harder to come by so someone's doing something right.
CF64 BLUE

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Saw the Graz highlights.. thought the Devils looked the highest quality that I’ve ever seen from them. The new signings looked great as did Fournier and Bownsy. Promising stuff..
rumpo kid

Postby CF64 BLUE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:53 am

snoopystorm wrote:There were always fights against Manchester Storm, at one point it was guaranteed before the puck was dropped, seen a few bench clearances down the old ice rink, I think in the past 5 years (3 games) I’ve seen 1 punch up start and the refs were quick to put a stop to it down the new rink. Not got the time to go down now, made use of my mates business season tickets for those 3 games lol

You still get the fights, not so often but just as intense as they always have been, Mark Louis took on the best the other teams could muster and never lost any.
Plenty of big hits as well, Devil's younger and more physical this season.
CF64 BLUE

Return to General Chat