" General Election "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" General Election "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Following his defeat in Parliament tonight, the Prime Minister has announced that he will table a motion under the fixed term parliament act.

This means there will be a vote by MPs on whether to hold a General Election.

If an election takes place, October 15th looks the most likely date.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

" General Election "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " General Election "

Postby thomasblue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 pm

It's amazing that they are arguing that what MrJohnson is trying to do is undemocratic whilst at the same time ignoring the democratic vote of the people in the referendum.

It also amazes me that they want to throw away our biggest weapon against the EU in negotiations (No Deal) before the prime minister has a chance to broker a deal. Its pathetic and just giving the EU free reign over us again.

If there is a general election we have to make sure Boris wins because if he doesn't then this country is finished
thomasblue

Postby Jimmykingz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 pm

At this point I think the EU would rather we went without a deal considering the bullshit we’ve been seeing the last 3 years.
b*stard
Jimmykingz

Postby banana bob » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:01 pm

thomasblue wrote:It's amazing that they are arguing that what MrJohnson is trying to do is undemocratic whilst at the same time ignoring the democratic vote of the people in the referendum.

It also amazes me that they want to throw away our biggest weapon against the EU in negotiations (No Deal) before the prime minister has a chance to broker a deal. Its pathetic and just giving the EU free reign over us again.

If there is a general election we have to make sure Boris wins because if he doesn't then this country is finished

I don't like any of the main parties but hell would freeze over before I voted for this lard arsed Bullingdon boy prick.
banana bob

Postby epping blue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:07 pm

The problem is for the 2017 General Election we all thought Brexit was done and dusted. Nobody even considered that we'd be voting for MP's who do all they could to overturn the referendum. The parties who said they would got less than 15% of the vote. If there's any good out of this we at least know labour are full out Remain, no more smoke and mirrors from them.

There will be an election within a month or so and its a binary Remain v Leave once again. Another good thing we'll get to see the depth of support for all those who've left they're parties. How many will get re-elected ? I'm gona put a tenner on Anna Soubrey not even getting her deposit back.
epping blue

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

The ironic thing is, it will now be Agent Corbyn who will block a GE so his party doesnt get wiped out by the public....
Attachments
Screenshot_20190903_231136.jpg
Screenshot_20190903_231136.jpg (316.07 KiB) Viewed 8902 times
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 pm

21 Conservative MPs, including Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond, are having the whip withdrawn tonight after voting against the Government.

For those who don't know what it means, its effectively expelling them from the parliamentary party.

Astonishing.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby epping blue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:21 Conservative MPs, including Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond, are having the whip withdrawn tonight after voting against the Government.

For those who don't know what it means, its effectively expelling them from the parliamentary party.

Astonishing.

I'm surprised at that. There was a good few going anyway. I'd have left to the constituencies myself. They're courting a bit of bad blood without doubt.
epping blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Gavin wrote:The ironic thing is, it will now be Agent Corbyn who will block a GE so his party doesnt get wiped out by the public....

Said tonight he'll support it as soon as the bill is passed.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:08 pm

Its almost certain it will be a hung parliament then what? Only option then is for a new referendum and leave win then what? Already rejected a deal cannot go back say we will accept previous deal! Idiot mps dont have a fcking clue, :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:28 am

Queen should disband parliament

Sack the f*cking lot of them in my opinion 3 years and now virtually back to square one, no chance of a deal now and if one is agreed it won’t pass through parliament same as Mays didn’t

Taking away Boris leverage on a deal by voting away no deal once again

Every single MP that went against the out verdict in their constituency should be sacked
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Danny Says » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 am

thomasblue wrote:It's amazing that they are arguing that what MrJohnson is trying to do is undemocratic whilst at the same time ignoring the democratic vote of the people in the referendum.

Correct on all 3 counts.
Danny Says

Postby Danny Says » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:44 am

banana bob wrote:

I don't like any of the main parties but hell would freeze over before I voted for this lard arsed Bullingdon boy prick.

Yeah right, let’s be governed by a Marxist, CND advocate, anti Semite and monarchist and terrorist sympathiser who hates America. Get a grip.
Danny Says

Postby thomasblue » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:52 am

Danny Says wrote:
banana bob wrote:

Yeah right, let’s be governed by a Marxist, CND advocate, anti Semite and monarchist and terrorist sympathiser who hates America. Get a grip.

Boris is the best of a bad bunch unfortunately

A vote for the Brexit party will only serve to put labour into power with the lib dems backing them up

Corbyn would hand over everything financial and profitable to the EU, flooded with immigrants and signed up to the upcoming EU army.

I will never understand why so many want to be a part of a "country" like The EU (which is exactly how it acts) rather than be self governing.
thomasblue

Postby theclaw » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:17 am

I voted leave and feel badly let down,if a general election is called the first campaigner who knocks on my door to get their vote will be told to piss off or will be thrown off my land.
Lost the will to vote :banghead:
theclaw

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:56 am

:thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:00 am

epping blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:21 Conservative MPs, including Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond, are having the whip withdrawn tonight after voting against the Government.

Astonishing.

I'm surprised at that. There was a good few going anyway. I'd have left to the constituencies myself. They're courting a bit of bad blood without doubt.

A lot of trouble makers in there like Grieve, Clark, Stewart, Gyimah they have to go or they would do it again!!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:03 am

theclaw wrote:I voted leave and feel badly let down,if a general election is called the first campaigner who knocks on my door to get their vote will be told to piss off or will be thrown off my land.

Don't be stupid that would be giving in to the Remoaners, vote again and get everyone you know to vote for a party that want Brexit, I think Brixit party and Boris will do a deal, they would have to.
Bluebina

Postby epping blue » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:05 am

theclaw wrote:I voted leave and feel badly let down,if a general election is called the first campaigner who knocks on my door to get their vote will be told to piss off or will be thrown off my land.

Don't or you let them win. 6 out of 40 Welsh MP's are backing leave in a country that voted to leave. That alone is the democratic deficiency sufficient to have overturned last nights result. They're not representing us and we'll get the chance to sack them in a few weeks.

If you want to leave you can only vote Tory or Brexit, as unpalatable as that may sound. Don't be surprised to see Corbyn resurrect some phoney " leave " desires but its a rue to steal your vote. At least the lib dems, greens and National party of Wales are upfront with their intentions. I wonder how many seats Plaid will stand in. Not quite the National party they claim.
epping blue

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am

Bluebina wrote:

Don't be stupid that would be giving in to the Remoaners, vote again and get everyone you know to vote for a party that want Brexit, I think Brixit party and Boris will do a deal, they would have to.

It’s not stupid it’s perfectly understandable, first politician or canvasser who knocks my door is getting my baldy scots head on his nose. No matter what the powers that be (Bilderberg Group/IMF/ECB and the EU) will simply not allow Brexit.
Jock

Postby cityone » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am

It's been obvious for some time now that the vast majority of these MP's are not trying to stop no deal but are trying to stop Brexit full stop. To carry out the will of the people the Tories will have to do a deal with the Brexit party, send them into strong leave areas where the MP's are putting two fingers up to the voters (mainly labour areas) after all, labour have now said they would campaign to remain even though 5 million labour voters voted to leave. As I've said before, if there's any justice the ballot box will put pay to this scum in parliament.
cityone

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 am

cityone wrote:It's been obvious for some time now that the vast majority of these MP's are not trying to stop no deal but are trying to stop Brexit full stop. To carry out the will of the people the Tories will have to do a deal with the Brexit party, send them into strong leave areas where the MP's are putting two fingers up to the voters (mainly labour areas) after all, labour have now said they would campaign to remain even though 5 million labour voters voted to leave. As I've said before, if there's any justice the ballot box will put pay to this scum in parliament.

Hope you’re right but think Brexit, in any meaningful way, is finished.
Jock

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:33 am

Jock wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

It’s not stupid it’s perfectly understandable, first politician or canvasser who knocks my door is getting my baldy scots head on his nose. No matter what the powers that be (Bilderberg Group/IMF/ECB and the EU) will simply not allow Brexit.

Give them shit, especially the remoaners, but still vote to get us out!
Bluebina

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Gavin wrote:The ironic thing is, it will now be Agent Corbyn who will block a GE so his party doesnt get wiped out by the public....

Quite right but don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of Corbyn bashing :roll: :lol:

Boris is an upper class buffoon only out for himself and his upper class chums and I'm not sure Corbyn could lead a class of school kids let alone the country.

However, when it comes to being trustworthy and doing something for the greater good rather than himself I would take Corbyn over Boris everytime.

Let's get the bill passed to ensure Boris can't change the date of the election once it's been set and then see what the country votes for.

Seems pretty simply to me. Boris and his chums for "no deal leave" and everyone else against that.

I think the Tories will get in because the anti-no deal vote will be split across a number of other parties but I don't think anybody would place much money on any outcome at the moment !!
piledriver64

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 am

pembroke allan wrote:Its almost certain it will be a hung parliament then what? Only option then is for a new referendum and leave win then what? Already rejected a deal cannot go back say we will accept previous deal! Idiot mps dont have a fcking clue, :roll:

I am taking anecdotal view here but at a guess I would think the Tories would happy with the same result as 2017. The difference this time would be they have rid themselves of 21 remain Tory MP's. Along with a new confidence and supply agreement with the DUP they would just have the numbers to get a no deal (or any negotiated deal with the EU) through Parliament.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 am

cityone wrote:It's been obvious for some time now that the vast majority of these MP's are not trying to stop no deal but are trying to stop Brexit full stop. To carry out the will of the people the Tories will have to do a deal with the Brexit party, send them into strong leave areas where the MP's are putting two fingers up to the voters (mainly labour areas) after all, labour have now said they would campaign to remain even though 5 million labour voters voted to leave. As I've said before, if there's any justice the ballot box will put pay to this scum in parliament.

For the first time in years I will not be voting Labour at the next GE. However, I can't bring myself to vote Tory despite my anger at the betrayal of BREXIT by Parliament and especially the LP. I am hoping that the Tories and the BREXIT Party will come to an electoral pact and allow the BREXIT Party to stand in Labour leaving constituencies. I would vote for the BP and I personally believe they would take a hat full of seats in the North and Wales.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Quite right but don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of Corbyn bashing :roll: :lol:

Boris is an upper class buffoon only out for himself and his upper class chums and I'm not sure Corbyn could lead a class of school kids let alone the country.

However, when it comes to being trustworthy and doing something for the greater good rather than himself I would take Corbyn over Boris everytime.

Let's get the bill passed to ensure Boris can't change the date of the election once it's been set and then see what the country votes for.

Seems pretty simply to me. Boris and his chums for "no deal leave" and everyone else against that.

I think the Tories will get in because the anti-no deal vote will be split across a number of other parties but I don't think anybody would place much money on any outcome at the moment !!

The bill corbyn is talking about is the one to stop no deal
Nothing to do with date of the general election
Yesterday corbyn demaded a general election in any circmstances
Now boris will call one and 5h3 labour party will not vote for it
Wake up man all these dishonest mps are hiding the fact they want to STOP BREXIT by calling for no deal to be taken off the table
troobloo3339

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

You're right about Boris but Corbyn is just as bad. This greater good crap is nonsense the only thing Corbyn is thinking of is being PM by hook or crook.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:12 am

piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

i take it you voted remain then
troobloo3339

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:19 am

troobloo3339 wrote:The bill corbyn is talking about is the one to stop no deal
Nothing to do with date of the general election
Yesterday corbyn demaded a general election in any circmstances
Now boris will call one and 5h3 labour party will not vote for it
Wake up man all these dishonest mps are hiding the fact they want to STOP BREXIT by calling for no deal to be taken off the table

My understanding (which maybe wrong) is JC will back a GE once the bill taking no deal off the table is passed. Also I think that once this bill passes the UK will enter a kind of backstop where Article 50 extensions happen automatically if a deal with the EU cannot be negotiated i.e. the UK becomes a vassal state of the EU.

I agree with you MP's are trying to stop BREXIT end of.
Tony Blue Williams

Next

Return to General Chat