A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " General Election "

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:57 am

Ninianman wrote:Remember the traitors when it comes to an election

:thumbup: Bunch of remoaning ****

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:40 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:This is a good piece of research from 2016 about the net benefits to wales being in the EU.

http://orca.cf.ac.uk/117513/1/Estimatin ... -Union.pdf

However seems like we are leaving but I really don’t trust the Tories to leave in the best way possible

The Tories should have created a bipartisan negotiation team in 2016 in order to bring other parties to the table to input ... getting a deal would be much easier if there was some cross party agreement on a deal

In terms of no deal I don’t go along with the scare mongers but the negative net effect on the economy and academia will be felt for a long time

Despite my obvious left learning I agree with the majority of people on here that A Corbyn led government would be an absolute disaster. What a quite horrible and incompetent man he is

I’m just looking forward to getting back to football as the whole episode had been toxic and divisive

The 'report' you point to states that it is 'estimated' :roll: that Wales receives £245m more from the EU than it contributes to EU coffers. The report also states that the UK as a whole paid in £8.9 BILLION more than it received in funding from the EU in 2016 (that is now nearer £12 BILLION i.e. £1 BILLION per month).

Therefore the paltry £245m Wales is 'estimated' to benefit from EU membership is around ONE WEEK'S contribution from the UK coffers to the EU budget. :roll: BIG BLOODY DEAL :lol:

Only half the story there Tony.Could you tell me the net profit the UK get from the EU,an :roll: estimate :lol: will do.I'll give you a clue,it a hell of a lot more than we contribute. ;)

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:46 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:This is a good piece of research from 2016 about the net benefits to wales being in the EU.

However seems like we are leaving but I really don’t trust the Tories to leave in the best way possible

The Tories should have created a bipartisan negotiation team in 2016 in order to bring other parties to the table to input ... getting a deal would be much easier if there was some cross party agreement on a deal

In terms of no deal I don’t go along with the scare mongers but the negative net effect on the economy and academia will be felt for a long time

Despite my obvious left learning I agree with the majority of people on here that A Corbyn led government would be an absolute disaster. What a quite horrible and incompetent man he is

I’m just looking forward to getting back to football as the whole episode had been toxic and divisive

The 'report' you point to states that it is 'estimated' :roll: that Wales receives £245m more from the EU than it contributes to EU coffers. The report also states that the UK as a whole paid in £8.9 BILLION more than it received in funding from the EU in 2016 (that is now nearer £12 BILLION i.e. £1 BILLION per month).

Therefore the paltry £245m Wales is 'estimated' to benefit from EU membership is around ONE WEEK'S contribution from the UK coffers to the EU budget. :roll: BIG BLOODY DEAL :lol:

Only half the story there Tony.Could you tell me the net profit the UK get from the EU,an :roll: estimate :lol: will do.I'll give you a clue,it a hell of a lot more than we contribute. ;)

Would hope make a profit from doing business in EU it would be poor management to make loss and We would soon go bankrupt otherwise :o

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

So are you saying we only do business in Europe because we're part of the European union. We'll were doing business with European countries long before long before the European Union came along and we'll be doing long after its gone. I'll give you a clue, they make more out of us than we out of them and it will still be less than a number of countries outside the block.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Ninianman wrote:Remember the traitors when it comes to an election

:thumbup: Bunch of remoaning ****

Its up to people like yourselves to make the difference. There's a terrible lack of representation currently in Westminster. Just 6 out of 40 Welsh MP's supporting leaving Europe. That for a country that voted to leave. Put forward the case at every opportunity. Labour completely lied to the country in 2017 when they said they'd respect the referendum result. Never had any intention of doing so.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pm

epping blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

So are you saying we only do business in Europe because we're part of the European unionNo,show me where I said that. We'll were doing business with European countries long before long before the European Union came along and we'll be doing long after its gone.Soz mate more made up stuff.Our main trading partners were commonwealth countries.Our trade with Europe was piss poor.I'm old enough to remember. I'll give you a clue, they make more out of us than we out of them and it will still be less than a number of countries outside the block.Absolute BS,We have a very healthy trading profit within the EU and I think only Germany and possible France can compare.

If I were you I'd take the time to find out why a minority of the Conservative Party are hell bent on a no-deal Brexit.Its not for the good of me and you rest assured or the betterment of the country as a whole.Its all about outdated ideology.I voted remain but wouldn't mind a deal that benefits all and doesn't jeopardize the Good Friday agreement either.Boris is a lying,bullshitting buffoon who thinks he and his psychopathic adviser Cummings can bluster parliament like they did the rest of the country.The Tory party are in disarray and will soon be looking for someone to unite behind.Boris's days are already numbered.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

So are you saying we only do business in Europe because we're part of the European unionNo,show me where I said that. We'll were doing business with European countries long before long before the European Union came along and we'll be doing long after its gone.Soz mate more made up stuff.Our main trading partners were commonwealth countries.Our trade with Europe was piss poor.I'm old enough to remember. I'll give you a clue, they make more out of us than we out of them and it will still be less than a number of countries outside the block.Absolute BS,We have a very healthy trading profit within the EU and I think only Germany and possible France can compare.

If I were you I'd take the time to find out why a minority of the Conservative Party are hell bent on a no-deal Brexit.Its not for the good of me and you rest assured or the betterment of the country as a whole.Its all about outdated ideology.I voted remain but wouldn't mind a deal that benefits all and doesn't jeopardize the Good Friday agreement either.Boris is a lying,bullshitting buffoon who thinks he and his psychopathic adviser Cummings can bluster parliament like they did the rest of the country.The Tory party are in disarray and will soon be looking for someone to unite behind.Boris's days are already numbered.

You'll be telling us all next that the country would thrive under that magnificent looking shadow cabinet of, Corbyn, McDonald and abbott. :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

look at you talking as if your well informed though, i bet you'd never heard of cummings until recently, now your an expert on his motivations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

look at you talking as if your well informed though, i bet you'd never heard of cummings until recently, now your an expert on his motivations

Well if having a genuine interest in politics and reading widely on current affairs makes me well informed then I'm guilty as charged.Brexit is the vehicle that may change the political landscape forever,its that that interests me more than Brexit itself.You make it sound like its a crime to be reasonably well informed. :lol:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Theses types of threads are brilliant for annis and his bank balance they just go on and on as it changes course so do the participants! Probably end when we leave EU or have an election? :laughing6:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Can somebody explain to me why this country wouldn't be better off under labour it could not be worse than this clowns governance

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Can somebody explain to me why this country wouldn't be better off under labour it could not be worse than this clowns governance

Well Corbyn and McDonnell are Marxists and communism simply doesn’t work. Look at West and East Germany, which system worked best for its people. McDonnell believes all property is theft and everything belongs to the state.
Corbyn absolutely hates the EU but he’s happy to sell out everything he believed in to become PM, he’s never met a terrorist he doesn’t like and said Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela was the model we should follow. So sadly Boris is PM because he’s the best of a bad bunch.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Jock wrote:
Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Can somebody explain to me why this country wouldn't be better off under labour it could not be worse than this clowns governance

Well Corbyn and McDonnell are Marxists and communism simply doesn’t work. Look at West and East Germany, which system worked best for its people. McDonnell believes all property is theft and everything belongs to the state.
Corbyn absolutely hates the EU but he’s happy to sell out everything he believed in to become PM, he’s never met a terrorist he doesn’t like and said Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela was the model we should follow. So sadly Boris is PM because he’s the best of a bad bunch.

You forgot the bit where he got absolutely dicked by Corbin at this weeks PMQ's,a new low for a Tory leader according to many political commentators.Any Tory is better than Boris and one will have to step up soon to save the party from extinction.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:

You forgot the bit where he got absolutely dicked by Corbin at this weeks PMQ's,a new low for a Tory leader according to many political commentators.Any Tory is better than Boris and one will have to step up soon to save the party from extinction.

Losing a debate to Jezza really is pisspoor.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Have the labour party said we are going to be a communist state oh and the tories have long courted fascist dictators i.e mr pinochet of chile under maggies watch and we are still courting the great saudis lol and u say jock that these clowns are the best of a bad bunch

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Have the labour party said we are going to be a communist state oh and the tories have long courted fascist dictators i.e mr pinochet of chile under maggies watch and we are still courting the great saudis lol and u say jock that these clowns are the best of a bad bunch

Sadly yes. I know all about Governments, both Labour and Conservative, dealings with the House of Saud and it’s disgusting, as was cosying up to various Facist crackpots but in the here and now, electing Corbyn would be insane

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Yes jock agree but we are still cosying with the saudis that is the now

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Yes jock agree but we are still cosying with the saudis that is the now

As are most Western Countries. Shameful

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Anyone but Corbyn!!!

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Do you know of any country where communism pretending to be socialism works.

Do you know that Corbyn was a staunch leaver for many years and strangely changed when he became party leader.

Do you know that our government does not have enough income (taxes) to support the changes that Corbyn said he would make so either taxes go up or they sell of more of our gold reserves making our economy go down.

Do you know that Gordon Brown sold off half of our gold reserves because he could not manage this country's finances.

Did you know that Corbyn comes from a wealthy family, lived in a Georgian manor house and went to a private school. Not exactly working class is he yet the working class sheep still vote for him.

Labour are completely inept.

Boris hasn't done anything wrong. He is being screwed over by traitors!

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Yes because none of the other parties wanted him for PM in a coalition government....ask yourself why? :old:

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Did u know the tories sold off the coyntries silverware i.e gas electric railways etc and they have turned out to be a real success havent they as for not enough tax there would be more than enough if the big coporations and wealthy paid as proportionately as the working masses what had coming from a wealthy back ground got to do with political views absolutely nothing so again how could the country be worse off ffs

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Did u know the tories sold off the coyntries silverware i.e gas electric railways etc and they have turned out to be a real success havent they as for not enough tax there would be more than enough if the big coporations and wealthy paid as proportionately as the working masses what had coming from a wealthy back ground got to do with political views absolutely nothing so again how could the country be worse off ffs

Problem with our politics is too much ideology too little pragmatism.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Ur right jock from both sides of the political divide

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Amber Rudd now gone along with Joe ... Boris in a mess ....

Keep on listening to Mr Cummings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( CLUELESS CLOWN !!! ) ;)

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:44 pm

cityone wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

You'll be telling us all next that the country would thrive under that magnificent looking shadow cabinet of, Corbyn, McDonald and abbott. :lol: :lol:

That's the one thing that scares me more than Boris and his apparent 51st State ambitions :(

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:17 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Amber Rudd now gone along with Joe ... Boris in a mess ....

Keep on listening to Mr Cummings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( CLUELESS CLOWN !!! ) ;)

She is a remainer so no surprise! :thumbup:

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

You still haven't explained what you mean by 'profit?' If you mean 'trade' then trade will continue even if there is a 'no deal'. We don't pay contributions 'to trade' we pay contributions to be members of the EU with it's single market and customs union. :roll:

The report you published made reference to the cash contribution the UK makes to the EU. We are one of only 3 countries out of the 27 EU members who make a 'net' contribution i.e. we pay more in than we take out.

Also if you have the figures on this mythical 'profit' you keep referring to then please share it with us and explain its significance rather than keep asking me?

That said I suspect any reply will look something like a project fear response ;)

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Amber Rudd now gone along with Joe ... Boris in a mess ....

She is a remainer so no surprise! :thumbup:

I never understand why everyone thinks Amber Rudd is so brilliant? I have heard her interviewed hundred's of times and she strikes me as bang average in ability.

However, she does strike me as another unprincipled selfish individual who is only interested in he own ambition.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:39 am

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Have the labour party said we are going to be a communist state oh and the tories have long courted fascist dictators i.e mr pinochet of chile under maggies watch and we are still courting the great saudis lol and u say jock that these clowns are the best of a bad bunch

I wont argue with the courting of despots argument although leaders the world over seem guilty of that at sometime or another. The communist state comment though. I don't want to get into the relative ideals of various left wing states but under this Labour we'd be heading there absolutely. The intention to steal the nations wealth through what amounts property theft is quite staggering.

Quite eye watering rises in council tax / property tax for a lot of people. £ 3,500 for half a million pound home. Probably quite a lot of those in Cardiff, what would they be paying now ? No discount for single occupancy. They'll be able to take the people off the street but they'll replace them with pensioners. Landlords must be shitting themselves. They'll have to pay the council tax and allow their tenant the right to buy at Thatcher level discounts. Not far Mugabee esk as is the proposal to take all development land into " public ownership outlined in the Land for the Many.

Capital gains tax on your own house sale is coming. The state could effectively own a third of the equity in your own home.

They'll kill the housing market and with it the economy for sure. I want London to slow down, I don't see the point of building thousands of million pound flats we don't have owners for. This is not the way to do it though.

Inheritance tax changes are kick in the teeth for those who graft and strive to give a better future for those they care for.

The more you graft, the more you save, the more the State will help itself to the wealth you've earned.