Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " General Election "

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:16 pm

castleblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
castleblue wrote:I cannot see anyway that the Government will win the vote to hold a General Election because turkeys don't vote for Christmas and a GE at this time will bring certainly bring Christmas early for many current MP's.

In my opinion yesterdays events in Parliament only go to show how far detached from reality the rodents that currently infest the House Of Commons are from the British people. I believe the vast majority want Brexit over and done with, one way or another, but the rodents have had 3 opportunities to agree to support a "Deal" with the EU but voted it down, now they are seeking to delay leaving the EU for god knows how long. It simply beggers belief.

Comrade Corbyn has been the Chief architect of this chaos in my opinion and his motion calling for Parliament to "Take Control" only goes to show his ignorance of the UK Constitution. Parliament is not the "Sovereign Body" in the UK the real power is "The Crown In Parliament".

Even if this bill passes all it's stages in Parliament it will still require "Royal Assent" before it becomes law. We have seen so many twists and turn in this whole saga does anyone think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Boris Johnson would advise the Queen to refuse to grant Royal Assent because it is preventing completing the democratic decision of the British people as represented by the EU Referendum in 2016. It may be over 300 years since a Monarch refused to grant Royal Assent but normal practice is for the Monarch to take the advice of her Government, or her Prime Minister in particular. I can see Boris Johnson giving the Queen such advice.

Loads more twists and turns to come I think.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

What an interesting post? It is amazing to think that the Government of the day has no majority and the opposition doesn't want to vote it down!!!!

His tactic seems to be to delay the legislation until after we leave the EU on 31 October. You wouldn't put it past Boris to go on holiday, develop man flu and then say he can't get to the Palace to see the Queen because his limo's MOT has run out ;) Only for everything to get fixed on the 1 November :laughing6:

The fixed term Parliament Act does allow for a new GE "IF" Parliament passes a vote of No Confidence but Comrade Corbyn knows he would NEVER have got those Tory rebels to vote down their Government. The fact that he hasn't moved a vote of no confidence shows he is either running scared of the British Electorate or being faced with being PM and having to deliver Brexit.

The EU Referendum was about "Taking Back Control" from Brussels, maybe the buzz phrase for a GE should be "Take Back Control" from Parliament. Eventually there will be a General Election and we should use that as a means of "Pest Control" and get rid of the rodents who are infesting Parliament.

The Limo MOT Scenario sounds like a "Very Cunning Plan" mind.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thought can only have snap election if ,3/4 of house agrees it? Thats why corbyn wants no deal taken off table before election as he thinks boris will change date to November enabling uk to just slip out EU? Because corbyn knows he will lose election he wants to appear mr big and have no deal removed 1st.... gutless wonder he was mouthing off wants an election but all of sudden it's not good idea because he will lose without no deal off table.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I cannot see anyway that the Government will win the vote to hold a General Election because turkeys don't vote for Christmas and a GE at this time will bring certainly bring Christmas early for many current MP's.

In my opinion yesterdays events in Parliament only go to show how far detached from reality the rodents that currently infest the House Of Commons are from the British people. I believe the vast majority want Brexit over and done with, one way or another, but the rodents have had 3 opportunities to agree to support a "Deal" with the EU but voted it down, now they are seeking to delay leaving the EU for god knows how long. It simply beggers belief.

Comrade Corbyn has been the Chief architect of this chaos in my opinion and his motion calling for Parliament to "Take Control" only goes to show his ignorance of the UK Constitution. Parliament is not the "Sovereign Body" in the UK the real power is "The Crown In Parliament".

Even if this bill passes all it's stages in Parliament it will still require "Royal Assent" before it becomes law. We have seen so many twists and turn in this whole saga does anyone think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Boris Johnson would advise the Queen to refuse to grant Royal Assent because it is preventing completing the democratic decision of the British people as represented by the EU Referendum in 2016. It may be over 300 years since a Monarch refused to grant Royal Assent but normal practice is for the Monarch to take the advice of her Government, or her Prime Minister in particular. I can see Boris Johnson giving the Queen such advice.

What an interesting post? It is amazing to think that the Government of the day has no majority and the opposition doesn't want to vote it down!!!!

His tactic seems to be to delay the legislation until after we leave the EU on 31 October. You wouldn't put it past Boris to go on holiday, develop man flu and then say he can't get to the Palace to see the Queen because his limo's MOT has run out ;) Only for everything to get fixed on the 1 November :laughing6:

The fixed term Parliament Act does allow for a new GE "IF" Parliament passes a vote of No Confidence but Comrade Corbyn knows he would NEVER have got those Tory rebels to vote down their Government. The fact that he hasn't moved a vote of no confidence shows he is either running scared of the British Electorate or being faced with being PM and having to deliver Brexit.

The EU Referendum was about "Taking Back Control" from Brussels, maybe the buzz phrase for a GE should be "Take Back Control" from Parliament. Eventually there will be a General Election and we should use that as a means of "Pest Control" and get rid of the rodents who are infesting Parliament.

Thought can only have snap election if ,3/4 of house agrees it? Thats why corbyn wants no deal taken off table before election as he thinks boris will change date to November enabling uk to just slip out EU? Because corbyn knows he will lose election he wants to appear mr big and have no deal removed 1st.... gutless wonder he was mouthing off wants an election but all of sudden it's not good idea because he will lose without no deal off table.

There are two reasons which allow for a GE within the fixed term, one is a 2/3 majority in favour the other is a successful motion of no confidence in the Government.

Comrade Corbyn has played politics throughout this whole Brexit farce but he doesn't want a GE because if some miracle happens and he gets to PM he will have to deliver the will of the British people. In my opinion he simply isn't up to it.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:49 pm

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:

There are two reasons which allow for a GE within the fixed term, one is a 2/3 majority in favour the other is a successful motion of no confidence in the Government.

Comrade Corbyn has played politics throughout this whole Brexit farce but he doesn't want a GE because if some miracle happens and he gets to PM he will have to deliver the will of the British people. In my opinion he simply isn't up to it.

Good God no he would be a disaster for this country! a brass monkey as more balls than him. :old:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:33 pm

I see JRM is having an easy time again.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Well lunatics have taken over asylum now! If
the mps defeat boris and bring in their plans it also means they can put in their own bits to legislation without boris having a say! They will they also tell boris what to ask EU when he asks for extension of article 50 they will give EU the 31st jan as new date if EU propose a different date its mps who decide to accept it not boris! BUT there is slight hope in that any law needs to go through lords where a brexiteer lord if he can talk long enough (filibuster) he can make law run out time so preventing it from being passed? All fun games :laughing6:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Gavin wrote:The ironic thing is, it will now be Agent Corbyn who will block a GE so his party doesnt get wiped out by the public....

Said tonight he'll support it as soon as the bill is passed.

Quite right but don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of Corbyn bashing :roll: :lol:

Boris is an upper class buffoon only out for himself and his upper class chums and I'm not sure Corbyn could lead a class of school kids let alone the country.

However, when it comes to being trustworthy and doing something for the greater good rather than himself I would take Corbyn over Boris everytime.

Let's get the bill passed to ensure Boris can't change the date of the election once it's been set and then see what the country votes for.

Seems pretty simply to me. Boris and his chums for "no deal leave" and everyone else against that.

I think the Tories will get in because the anti-no deal vote will be split across a number of other parties but I don't think anybody would place much money on any outcome at the moment !!
i take it you voted remain then

I did but I'm not for another referendum. I think the country voted to leave and we should do so now but WITH A DEAL as that was the only scenario discussed at referendum time. It's even too late to formerly agree on WTO terms before the 31/10/2019 now !!

Thats great and i dont really disagree with you, but how do you get a deal now?

Unfortunately, due to the incompetence of our negotiators, the only way we can do it is to ask for a further extension as has been included in the bill.

Frustrating for all sides of the argument but, in my opinion, the only way we can negotiate an exit and minimise the risk to both us and the EU.

but you wont get a deal. when the other side know we will just keep extending and extending until we stay forever, why would they do a deal.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:12 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Gavin wrote:The ironic thing is, it will now be Agent Corbyn who will block a GE so his party doesnt get wiped out by the public....

Said tonight he'll support it as soon as the bill is passed.

Quite right but don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of Corbyn bashing :roll: :lol:

Boris is an upper class buffoon only out for himself and his upper class chums and I'm not sure Corbyn could lead a class of school kids let alone the country.

However, when it comes to being trustworthy and doing something for the greater good rather than himself I would take Corbyn over Boris everytime.

Let's get the bill passed to ensure Boris can't change the date of the election once it's been set and then see what the country votes for.

Seems pretty simply to me. Boris and his chums for "no deal leave" and everyone else against that.

I think the Tories will get in because the anti-no deal vote will be split across a number of other parties but I don't think anybody would place much money on any outcome at the moment !!
i take it you voted remain then

I did but I'm not for another referendum. I think the country voted to leave and we should do so now but WITH A DEAL as that was the only scenario discussed at referendum time. It's even too late to formerly agree on WTO terms before the 31/10/2019 now !!

Thats great and i dont really disagree with you, but how do you get a deal now?

Unfortunately, due to the incompetence of our negotiators, the only way we can do it is to ask for a further extension as has been included in the bill.

Frustrating for all sides of the argument but, in my opinion, the only way we can negotiate an exit and minimise the risk to both us and the EU.

but you wont get a deal. when the other side know we will just keep extending and extending until we stay forever, why would they do a deal.

Exactly EU laughing at Corbyn as when he facilitates removing no deal EU have got us by short and curlies and will never agree to another deal no matter how good it is? They simply want us to stay full stop! The other stupid thing is if they get another referendum and leave win again we will have to renegotiate another deal and seeing as cannot sort out n ireland now how the fck will they fo so another time?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Can anyone explain why this thread is a sticky.
As usual it is infected by the usual group of extreme right wing posters.
A bit boring to see the same old nonsense regurgitated.

All those with common sense or even half a brain realise that no deal is a ridiculous option. Even the more sensible conservative MPs who have stood by their principles. But posters on here line up behind Boris Johnstone, Gove Duncan Smith and Rees-mogg!! :o
If I want to read garbage like this I can buy a Daily Mail. So I wont be re opening this thread as I find it very sad that grown men hold such views.
I will stick to footie threads.
:wave:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Bill passes second reading by 329 votes to 300.

Next vote at around 7pm, after amendments have been selected.

Any possible vote on a General Election will start being debated at around 8.30pm, with a vote to follow.

Plaid Cymru are saying they won't back election. Labour frontbench suggest they will abstain, although that's unclear. SNP now saying they will back an election.

All depends on Labour's position, which seems to have changed several times already today.

Number Ten not keen on having an election past October 17th - meaning this is the chance to vote for it.

There have also been suggestions that if a GE is not backed tonight, then Bercow could block a second vote on it on Friday or Monday.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Lengee wrote:Can anyone explain why this thread is a sticky.

All those with common sense or even half a brain realise that no deal is a ridiculous option. Even the more sensible conservative MPs who have stood by their principles. But posters on here line up behind Boris Johnstone, Gove Duncan Smith and Rees-mogg!! :o
If I want to read garbage like this I can buy a Daily Mail. So I wont be re opening this thread as I find it very sad that grown men hold such views.

It staggers belief that any Welshman could even consider voting Tory after what they've done to us over the years, and like you, the right-wing intimidation and aggression on here frightens me, so time to avoid these political posts and stick to the football ones, me thinks..

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

It staggers belief that any Welshman could even consider voting Tory after what they've done to us over the years, and like you, the right-wing intimidation and aggression on here frightens me, so time to avoid these political posts and stick to the football ones, me thinks..

Yeah because labour have been a shining light for us right?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:29 pm

It staggers belief that any Welshman could even consider voting Tory after what they've done to us over the years, and like you, the right-wing intimidation and aggression on here frightens me, so time to avoid these political posts and stick to the football ones, me thinks..[/quote]

Seems like you are in the camp of.
'''Well my parents and my grand parents all voted Labour see, so i will too!''

How the hell can any Welshman vote for Labour with that clown Corbyn in charge!
He will wreck our economy and our country!
A man who voted against everything regarding the EU on his younger political days. A Hypocrite!
Labour also are not honouring what most Welshmen and women voted to do in Wales..... Leave!
Vote Labour? No chance as they are undemocratic!

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

And you will vote Corbyn in power Scary thought ! Intimidation and aggression? Come on you obviously havent been reading previous threads on Brexit its about political views same as the views on football people have different ones .... there is aggro and intimidation within football threads on here aswell but if dont like it your right people can stay away no problem.. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Bill passes second reading by 329 votes to 300.

Any possible vote on a General Election will start being debated at around 8.30pm, with a vote to follow.

Plaid Cymru are saying they won't back election. Labour frontbench suggest they will abstain, although that's unclear. SNP now saying they will back an election.

All depends on Labour's position, which seems to have changed several times already today.

Number Ten not keen on having an election past October 17th - meaning this is the chance to vote for it.

There have also been suggestions that if a GE is not backed tonight, then Bercow could block a second vote on it on Friday or Monday.

Bercow as said basically he'll do anything nessasary to get what remain MPs want! Stopping a 2nd vote is certainly not democracy in action it smacks of dictatorial behaviour from someone who is suppose to be impartial? :o

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

So if you believe in Brexit, voted for Brexit and want Brexit delivered who should you vote for ?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Bercow as said basically he'll do anything nessasary to get what remain MPs want! Stopping a 2nd vote is certainly not democracy in action it smacks of dictatorial behaviour from someone who is suppose to be impartial? :o

I hope the tories put someone up against him in the next election.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Bring on the election and a victory for the labour manifesto . Can’t be arsed with personality politics !

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:16 pm

All this has merely initiated the break up of the UK.Scotland will have a referendum and there will be tens of thousands more young people who are inclined to vote out for various reasons. The Conservative & Unionist Party has by and large ceased to exist; replaced by an English Nationalist Party that will not give a fig about Scotland.Equally this will mark the gradual political integration of Northern Ireland into a united Ireland, this will probably take a generation, nonetheless I believe it has already started.For those of you who pour scorn on Corbyn, and I am not in any way a supporter, please take time to look at the pathological liar who has replaced Therese May. I voted out however I did NOT vote to leap off a cliff in doing so.All this shambles has proven is that Party Politics has miserably failed in the UK.The first past the post system has failed us the people for decades.However neither party will seriously give way fearing their own narrow agendas.Blair toyed with PR but rejected Paddy Ashdown's proposals after his huge victory in 1997.Parliament has not reflected the needs of this nation for decades, Brexit has merely brought to the surface all the ills of a failed system of governance.I am saddened by some of the comments on here, flag waving and abuse leads nowhere.What is all too obvious is that our failed mode of government has crashed into an equally inept and corrupt body namely the EU.Where does that leave us...goodness only knows!!

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:Bring on the election and a victory for the labour manifesto . Can’t be arsed with personality politics !

Which manifesto??? The one that stated they would respect the result of the referendum and the will of the people, or the new one they are just about to throw together saying that they will now campaign to remain.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

At last someone who talks sense. If anyone thinks that the tubby Bullingdon Boy has any connection with us folk is deluded, in his eyes we are no more than third world peasants.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:45 pm

banana bob wrote:
Andy1927 wrote:

At last someone who talks sense. If anyone thinks that the tubby Bullingdon Boy has any connection with us folk is deluded, in his eyes we are no more than third world peasants.

And you think Corbyn is your mate? His problem is he doesn't know which bed he will be in from day to day as he gets into the most convenient one at the time it suits him? :old:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 pm

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not sure it works that way as surely they would have got rid of him when he declared he was a remainer so not impartial which is supposed to be required for the post?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

So please tell us what Labour has done for the Welsh over the last 30 years? No wonder were called sheep shagged. My dad, grandfather and great grandfather voted for them so they must be good. Doh

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not sure it works that way as surely they would have got rid of him when he declared he was a remainer so not impartial which is supposed to be required for the post?

Not easy to get shot of him but there's no rule stating you cant stand against him, its just that the main parties stand aside to let him take the seat. The minor parties nearly always put someone up against him. It was a Tory seat originally when he was elected so no reason why it couldn't be again.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:26 pm

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not easy to get shot of him but there's no rule stating you cant stand against him, its just that the main parties stand aside to let him take the seat. The minor parties nearly always put someone up against him. It was a Tory seat originally when he was elected so no reason why it couldn't be again.

Probably Wont/cant get rid until after Brexit sorted one way or other more the pity..

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:06 pm

There will be an Election before the end of the month. Find it hard to believe that tonight stops that.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:There will be an Election before the end of the month. Find it hard to believe that tonight stops that.

They've got the wind in their sails now. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and push through a 2nd referendum before they go back to the country.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:There will be an Election before the end of the month. Find it hard to believe that tonight stops that.

Problem is there needs to be 3/4 majority to want an election but as labour are refusing to back the call it wont get passed ! Corbyn changing his mind again as his plan is get no deal off table then agree to election so he can say everyone look at me I stopped no deal Brexit? Hes not fit to be a leader of gremlins going over the cliff never mind leader of uk...

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 pm

epping blue wrote:

They've got the wind in their sails now. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and push through a 2nd referendum before they go back to the country.

All is not lost Brexit lords have put forward 100 amendments to derail these votes be interesting to see if they can (filibuster) and stop bill?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:30 pm

Brilliant strategic move by Boris .. All this mayhem has been well planned .He knew by suspending Parliament that it would kick off and having to withdraw the whip from the Tory rebels will mean he can replace them in the next election with MPs who will boost his support ..He will be seen as the defender of Brexit v Parliament against the people ... The key of how this pans out is down to timing of the election ... Three cheers for our public school boy hip hip hooray ...