" General Election "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " General Election "

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:35 am

pembroke allan wrote:Its getting a joke now Scots judges ruling prolouging is unlawful because boris as ulterior motive in their view? Yet this procedure as been and is part of parliamentary workings for time immemorial! this now opens it to be challenged whenever anyone doesn't want it done in future, and politicians against brexit says done it because they cannot represent their constituents in parliament? Ffs they are happy to ignore their constituents who voted leave hypocrites the lot of them .... :evil:



Exactly Boris will appeal anyway, he should take the remoaners to court for trying to stop no deal while it's in the courts leave with no deal :thumbup:

https://news.sky.com/story/pms-suspensi ... s-11806812
Bluebina
 
Posts: 9781
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: " General Election "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " General Election "

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:01 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.
Jock
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Stan_B » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Stan_B wrote:
Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:The eu hasnt beebn disatrous for wales has it

The EU is the equivalent of someone dropping a fiver on the floor, you pick it up while that person lifts your wallet.

Just Google how many businesses have left this country for Eastern Europe with EU grants. The EU has been shafting us like this for many years only people like you cant see it - you only see the grants they give us which are peanuts!


Jesus,really.While your at it just google the number of British firms that voluntarily outsource their manufacturing to India,China etc.New school uniform for your kids?Highly likely these were made in an Indian Sweatshop by young women that never had the chance of school.

Anyone can have an opinion and google something to back it up.Quoting a very small part of a huge subject is pants.

That's completely irrelevant. We were talking about the impact of the EU which has no say in businesses which move their manufacturing outside of the EU. The EU has had a lot of impact on businesses which moved to Eastern Europe as they facilitated it - money which comes out of what we pay by the way.

Whatever way you look at it we've been shafted for years by the EU.
User avatar
Stan_B
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby epping blue » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.



Hugely undemocratic in terms of representation. My vote is worth half that of an Irish voter and a tenth of that given to someone from Luxembourg.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

epping blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.



Hugely undemocratic in terms of representation. My vote is worth half that of an Irish voter and a tenth of that given to someone from Luxembourg.

That wouldn't make it undemocratic because you're still represented

But if it was done on size then the small countries wouldn't have a say and it'd just be the biggest populations with all the decisions.
If all the championship clubs were asked to vote on something (VAR for instance) should Leeds get a bigger say because they have the largest attendance and whoever has the smallest attendance only get half a vote?
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Scoularfan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Um. Being as this is a football forum......... Warnock for PM I say .. nothing fancy just a workman like team at the commons :laughing5:
Scoularfan
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby epping blue » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.



Hugely undemocratic in terms of representation. My vote is worth half that of an Irish voter and a tenth of that given to someone from Luxembourg.

That wouldn't make it undemocratic because you're still represented

But if it was done on size then the small countries wouldn't have a say and it'd just be the biggest populations with all the decisions.
If all the championship clubs were asked to vote on something (VAR for instance) should Leeds get a bigger say because they have the largest attendance and whoever has the smallest attendance only get half a vote?



Nonsense comparison. Clubs have an equal share in the competition, their size of following is irrelevant. Why should voters from Luxembourg etc have 10x more influence than voters from the UK.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Do voters from Luxemburg have 10 times as much say as the people of Germany france holland etc i think not so why 10 times more than the uk please explain
Stevejonesfrom62
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby glas » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Do voters from Luxemburg have 10 times as much say as the people of Germany france holland etc i think not so why 10 times more than the uk please explain



Because Luxembourg has one MEP for roughly 100,000 people.
Belgium has one MEP for roughly 500,000 people
The UK has one MEP for roughly every 1 million people.

The average population in the EU per MEP is 650,000

So the UK is well under represented.
glas
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:58 pm

epping blue wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.



Hugely undemocratic in terms of representation. My vote is worth half that of an Irish voter and a tenth of that given to someone from Luxembourg.

That wouldn't make it undemocratic because you're still represented

But if it was done on size then the small countries wouldn't have a say and it'd just be the biggest populations with all the decisions.
If all the championship clubs were asked to vote on something (VAR for instance) should Leeds get a bigger say because they have the largest attendance and whoever has the smallest attendance only get half a vote?



Nonsense comparison. Clubs have an equal share in the competition, their size of following is irrelevant. Why should voters from Luxembourg etc have 10x more influence than voters from the UK.

Let's have it your way then. An MEP for every 100,000 or so people and then it'd just be what the big few countries want and screw the smaller ones.
I suppose you think the UK is undemocratic as some constituencies are larger than others.
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm

We voted to leave. We are leaving on Halloween.
ElyBoy1984
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:35 pm

And that was the way we voted.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc
Jock
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 pm

So glas ru suggesting the massive powers of Luxemburg malta etc are ruling the eu over us minnows i.e uk germany france spain italy netherlands lol
Stevejonesfrom62
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc



They keep bringing up democratic rights blah blah blah but conveniently forget how remain MPs rode ruffshot over democratic will of the people and are using any means they can to stop Brexit including using that no good plonker burcow to manipulate their position...
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18493
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc

And I don't recall getting a vote on the house of lords, and I don't recall over 99% of us getting a vote on Boris Johnson becoming 'head gravy train rider.' That's why I put it as democratic as the uk
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:25 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc

And I don't recall getting a vote on the house of lords, and I don't recall over 99% of us getting a vote on Boris Johnson becoming 'head gravy train rider.' That's why I put it as democratic as the uk




Now you are being completely stupid ! :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18493
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby glas » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:So glas ru suggesting the massive powers of Luxemburg malta etc are ruling the eu over us minnows i.e uk germany france spain italy netherlands lol


You asked do Luxembourg get 10x the voting of the Uk. I just showed how unfair the representation is in the EU.
It does not matter who has the most votes anyway as the EU is not interested in democracy. The parliament just rubber stamps what the unelected commissioners say.
glas
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby glas » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc

And I don't recall getting a vote on the house of lords, and I don't recall over 99% of us getting a vote on Boris Johnson becoming 'head gravy train rider.' That's why I put it as democratic as the uk


So why are the cowardly liebour party and their allies (SNP. Liberal antidemocratics) not grabbing the chance of an election?
Then you could have your vote. Boris has tried twice to get the election but the cronies and cowards are running away.
glas
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:40 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.

Indulge me, do you think the E.U. is a democratic organisation? Bearing in mind we’re not as clever as yourself can you manage a yes or no answer.

I think it's as democratic as our parliamentary system (not at the moment though obviously) and so I'd say broadly yes to your question.

Will my question be answered? Probably not

I don’t recall getting a vote on Von der Leyen becoming head gravy train driver. Or Junker, Verhostadt, Barnier, Tusk etc etc etc

And I don't recall getting a vote on the house of lords, and I don't recall over 99% of us getting a vote on Boris Johnson becoming 'head gravy train rider.' That's why I put it as democratic as the uk

If you don’t like Johnson you can vote him out.we can’t vote the Eurocrats out
Jock
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: " General Election "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16350
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18493
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o


Beats Me - what is going on mate ,We might have the best of 3 soon to sort it out !!
All i am saying is they should be in work sorting this mess out .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16350
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o


Beats Me - what is going on mate ,We might have the best of 3 soon to sort it out !!
All i am saying is they should be in work sorting this mess out .



3 yrs to sort it out and still failed! What is point of extension to brexit when we know full well labour and others don't want Brexit and nothing will change even if get deal garauntee remain MPs will reject it? Now they force boris to publish yellow hammer just to force him to recall parliament for things that have been in public domain for a year or more total waste of time and scare mongering, all as been highlighted by remain after leave was announced.... :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18493
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o


Beats Me - what is going on mate ,We might have the best of 3 soon to sort it out !!
All i am saying is they should be in work sorting this mess out .



3 yrs to sort it out and still failed! What is point of extension to brexit when we know full well labour and others don't want Brexit and nothing will change even if get deal garauntee remain MPs will reject it? Now they force boris to publish yellow hammer just to force him to recall parliament for things that have been in public domain for a year or more total waste of time and scare mongering, all as been highlighted by remain after leave was announced.... :old:


I would like to know exactly what these Remainers want. They have got to except we are leaving and they have got to agree to a deal that makes it worthwhile leaving. It seems to me they are not willing to go that far.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15751
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: " General Election "

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o


Beats Me - what is going on mate ,We might have the best of 3 soon to sort it out !!
All i am saying is they should be in work sorting this mess out .



3 yrs to sort it out and still failed! What is point of extension to brexit when we know full well labour and others don't want Brexit and nothing will change even if get deal garauntee remain MPs will reject it? Now they force boris to publish yellow hammer just to force him to recall parliament for things that have been in public domain for a year or more total waste of time and scare mongering, all as been highlighted by remain after leave was announced.... :old:


I would like to know exactly what these Remainers want. They have got to except we are leaving and they have got to agree to a deal that makes it worthwhile leaving. It seems to me they are not willing to go that far.


No they don't want to go anywhere Corbyn tried to deceive people buy putting in useful deal in a new referendum ! but then next day his deputy catagorically says its remain and nothing else for labour party? That is the stance with all parties and MPs who support remain ... :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18493
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " General Election "

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:Do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation?


Surely the question should be- Do you believe that the EU is undemocratic because the UK proposed something. And my answer to that question is of course not.


:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Typical remain dodging :roll: Rather than answer the question simply change it and rig the answer. Pathetic.

Think 'Jock' may be a leave voter.
Unless you're talking about me and are forgetting I asked the original question which I'm not sure you've actually answered yet. Glass houses and stones comes to mind here.


For goodness sake :roll: Jock asked if you believed the EU was a democratic organisation? You answered by changing the basis of the question.

So don't mess with the question or dodge it. Please answer do you believe the EU is a democratic organisation and if so please explain how it's law making structure is democratic when the law making commission is appointed rather than elected?
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 13233
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: " General Election "

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Suspension Unlawful - More Mess - More Time wasted !!!

Get on with your jobs - what your paid to do !!!



What puzzles me us how can two courts have different ideas on subject? 1st one said matter for parliament not judges as it concerns gvmnt protocol ! Yet 2nd one says boris was using it to stop MPs debating brexit? The same information was available on both occasions so was 2nd lot pro remain while 1st was brexiteers ? :o


IMO the courts should-not intervene with Parliamentary procedure. The London High Court were right to rule they can't sit in judgement on when a Government advises the Queen to prorogue Parliament to introduce a new legislative session. Especially in this case as the last session of Parliament was the longest since the Civil War 1642-51.

The Scottish decision was clearly politically motivated and hopefully will be slung out next week.
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 13233
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 7777 glt, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 81 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.