Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ CLUBS FANS VOTING FOR THEIR BIGGEST RIVALS ‘

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Interesting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ CLUBS FANS VOTING FOR THEIR BIGGEST RIVALS ‘

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am

Most of those as expected but a couple that may surprise...

Everton rate Liverpool as their biggest rivals but that is not reciprocated; with the red half thinking ManUre are more important

Seems Chelsea couldn't make a decision, as they don't mix well with others! :laughing6:

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:53 am

Sven wrote:Most of those as expected but a couple that may surprise...

Everton rate Liverpool as their biggest rivals but that is not reciprocated; with the red half thinking ManUre are more important

Seems Chelsea couldn't make a decision, as they don't mix well with others! :laughing6:

Man u are liverpool's rivals history tells you that Everton is just a derby? Same as Swansea/Newport is a derby but for me Bristol are our rivals.. history & (age thing) :laughing6:

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:53 am

Strange Stoke are mentioned twice, once for West Bromwich and bizarrely Arsenal?

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am

I have never understood the C Palace/Brighton thing. TBH I thought it was more Brighton who thought C Palace were their main rivals but to my surprise 77% of Palace fans consider Brighton their main rival. BTW does anyone know why these two clubs have such a strong rivalry?

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 am

Why do Man City see Liverpool as rivals? there's basically no history there.
Man Utd and Liverpool i understand but not Man City

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Why do Man City see Liverpool as rivals? there's basically no history there.

apart from proximity and they are the 2 best teams at the moment. the cities have a huge rivalry not just over football. both have always been big clubs and played mostly top flight football.. its only Everton and Manchester United that Liverpool have played more in the league

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have never understood the C Palace/Brighton thing. TBH I thought it was more Brighton who thought C Palace were their main rivals but to my surprise 77% of Palace fans consider Brighton their main rival. BTW does anyone know why these two clubs have such a strong rivalry?

Apart from the relative proximity of the two I think it may go back to the seventies when both clubs were in the old third division along with us. Palace were portraying themselves as a glamour side and were the darlings of the media with Malcolm Alison as manager and Brighton had a decent side for once and were pushing for promotion. (Neither went up in the end- us, Hereford and I think, Millwall did)

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Jock wrote:Strange Stoke are mentioned twice, once for West Bromwich and bizarrely Arsenal?

think the Ramsey incident and Wenger then calling them a rugby team was where the Arsenal rivalry came from..Ramsey gets booed there..????????????

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Why do Man City see Liverpool as rivals? there's basically no history there.

Could be that man c fans see liverpool as rivals in regards to premier league rather than rivals football wise? Tbh struggle to find anyone as rivals to man c as like said man c Man u is a derby! Slight difference

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Could be that man c fans see liverpool as rivals in regards to premier league rather than rivals football wise? Tbh struggle to find anyone as rivals to man c as like said man c Man u is a derby! Slight difference

over a third of liverpools fans rate city as the biggest rivals not a small number

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:32 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have never understood the C Palace/Brighton thing. TBH I thought it was more Brighton who thought C Palace were their main rivals but to my surprise 77% of Palace fans consider Brighton their main rival. BTW does anyone know why these two clubs have such a strong rivalry?

Apart from the relative proximity of the two I think it may go back to the seventies when both clubs were in the old third division along with us. Palace were portraying themselves as a glamour side and were the darlings of the media with Malcolm Alison as manager and Brighton had a decent side for once and were pushing for promotion. (Neither went up in the end- us, Hereford and I think, Millwall did)

It’s more to do with their being a massive mass brawl in the pitch after one of their games. It is widely considered one of the worst hooligan incidents in British football history. Hence why the hatred is so strong between both clubs.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm

phildavies wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

It’s more to do with their being a massive mass brawl in the pitch after one of their games. It is widely considered one of the worst hooligan incidents in British football history. Hence why the hatred is so strong between both clubs.

when

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:41 pm

deadmouse wrote:
phildavies wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

when

Their were bad incidents throughout the 70’s including games delayed during play for violence and smoke bombs etc. I think the really big one was in 85 however could well be wrong with the date. Anyway it’s one of the few rivalries in Britain where I would say their is genuine hate between the 2 clubs supporters. Would definetly make a top 10 list.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm

deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

over a third of liverpools fans rate city as the biggest rivals not a small number

But 3rd on list so not really rivals as said derby games tend not to be classed as rivals its more likely to be another club :thumbright: ! Like said who do man c have as rivals outside man u no history with liverpool other than now for premier league!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

But 3rd on list so not really rivals as said derby games tend not to be classed as rivals its more likely to be another club :thumbright: ! Like said who do man c have as rivals outside man u no history with liverpool other than now for premier league!

they are 30 miles apart have played each other over a hundred times mostly at the top end of the top tier..how is that no history..
but if you want to believe one of the countries oldest and biggest clubs have no rivals you carry on..

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:56 pm

deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

they are 30 miles apart have played each other over a hundred times mostly at the top end of the top tier..how is that no history..
but if you want to believe one of the countries oldest and biggest clubs have no rivals you carry on..

Yes I will carry on past you as we know who you are? :laughing6: : sleepy2: :wave:

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Bournemouth have Leeds down as their 5th biggest rivals! Be interesting to see where they lie on Leeds fans list. Somewhere between Torquay and Wycombe I would imagine.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes I will carry on past you as we know who you are? :laughing6: : sleepy2: :wave:

yes I read J Edgars everyone is roath post..
trouble is im not, or is sensalot come to that..