Bacuna & Pack could be what we needed instead of Gunnarson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Deep Blue FC » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:41 am

He’s still not had enough games for us to determine his consistency and maybe even his full potential, but I have to admit I’m beginning to believe I misjudged Bacuna, maybe he didn’t have a great first game of the season but since then he’s actually put in some really good performances. For me, if he keeps it up I see him as that sort of player we were crying out for every time Gunnarson had the odd bad spell with us (I love him but I think if we look back there was definitely times where we would moan at his decision making, and limited technique on the ball).

I really do see Bacuna as that sort of all rounder though, every game his defensive traits are showing more and more, and he’s obviously very good and comfortable on the ball, whereas Gunnars On the other hand would frequently do this thing where he gives the ball away often by a loose mispass and he’d wait a good 2-3 seconds to have a dramatic moan with his head in his hands before deciding to rush back.
This isn’t a knock on Aron, but since he’s not with us anymore I thought I’d do a reasonable comparison with what we have now and realise that actually, when Pack is fit (who is also a lot better on the ball than Aron was) we will have 2 players who can do a defensive midfield role quite well.
I do honestly think our odd bad performances here and there have mainly been from new players being bedded in. And it shows because since Warnock has stuck with the Same 11 for the last 3 games we’ve got 5 points and in regards to the performances should’ve got all 9 really.
So to look forward, I think Vaulks is still to come good, however I do think he may have been a little guilty of being a passenger in the 3-0 losses in both the Luton cup and the reading game. Again, still to come good but I really thought Vaulks let us down in those games. Then again I also thought that of Bacuna in the first couple of games and he’s changed my mind completely since.

I guess I’m just saying I think our turbulent start might be behind us. not saying we’re not going to lose any games, but I’ll be shocked if we get dominated in a 3-0 loss again this season. Onwards and upwards now.
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bacuna & Pack could be what we needed instead of Gunnars

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 am

I think the same Bacuna is improving with every game :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 am

He looked a different player altogether in the last game
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Logie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 am

He improved massive since the Reading game, less mistakes, better passing, tackling etc

I remember he got the ball against Fulham and had 2 men on him and i thought here we go. He did a lovely curved pass down the line to set Whyte off. Couple of clever turns and stuff, it will be nice if we have Pack and Bacuna as options.

I just think Neil needs to keep him to one position now, must be a mind f**k playing 3 postions a month
Logie

Postby nubbsy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 am

The performance against Fulham definitely gave me cause for optimism, he looked strong and assured. Let's hope it continues. I agree with the OP though, it's still too early to make full judgement.
nubbsy

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Ive only seen Bacuna look impressive in one game but that was the last game against Fulham, be great if he could do it over a longer period.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat