‘ The Eight Cardiff City Players Out of Contract ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 am

MY VIEW:
On many of these players the club has wasted £millions and had Nothing in return.

For me the two players City have had real value for money and great service are Sol Bamba & Lee Peltier :thumbright: :bluebird:

EIGHT PLAYERS BECOME OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

Thursday 5th September 2019

The Bluebirds risk losing eight players on a free transfer when the window opens next summer

Cardiff City have eight players who will become free agents when this season ends.

The Bluebirds could be forced to let some big names leave unless they tie them down to new contracts before next summer's transfer window begins.

Neil Warnock, who has insisted he has entered the final year of management, has some big decisions to make over whether some key players will remain at the club after their current deals expire.

Among the list of players whose contracts are up next year are a defensive stalwart, a burgeoning midfield talent and a first-team striking duo.

Here is the full list of players whose deals are up when the current campaign finishes.

Sol Bamba

Has been injured all season following an awful injury to his knee back in March. But the Bluebirds have undoubtedly missed his leadership at the heart of defence this term and are counting down the days until he is back. At the end of the season, however, the Ivorian will be 35, so whether Warnock opts to offer him another short-term deal looks likely to hinge on the player's personal circumstances.

Lee Peltier

Another dependable presence who has been a mainstay since moving from Huddersfield in 2015. The nailed-on right back in this Cardiff City squad and, at 32, it is likely the club will attempt to tie him down to a new deal as quickly as possible.

Matthew Connolly

A long-time servant of the club and provides much-needed defensive cover. He, too, has been out all season following ankle surgery before the campaign began. Much of his future appears to depend on whether the Bluebirds decide to add reinforcements in that area in January following the acquisition of Curtis Nelson from Oxford United this summer.

Jazz Richards

Has had rotten luck with injuries during his three-year stint at Cardiff City. He has missed 43 games through injury since arriving and is also yet to feature this season. Given the emergence of Cameron Coxe, the signing of Nelson, who can also play right back, and his injury record, Richards will be busting for a chance to impress when he returns in the coming weeks.

Aaron Bolger

The 19-year-old made his move to Cardiff permanent this summer following his short-term loan deal from Shamrock Rovers at the beginning of the year. However, without any official confirmation of how long the deal is, it has been reported he signed only a one-year contract at Cardiff City Stadium. Of course, he is likely to earn an extension given he has been signed for his huge potential. The midfielder is another who has fallen foul of injuries this term, having been sidelined for over a month so far this season.

Lee Tomlin

Just a few short weeks ago, who would have thought Lee Tomlin would still be a Cardiff City player? Yet he has been given his chance, largely owing to injuries and the departure of Bobby Reid, and has shown glimpses of just why fans have wanted to see him more regularly in recent years. Whether the mercurial playmaker is given an extension is anyone's guess.

Danny Ward

The striker has been out of action since the start of the season with an Achilles problem and given the dearth of goals scored by the Bluebirds' strikers so far this term, two in seven games, it looks like they need him back quickly. With Gary Madine seemingly out of favour and Robert Glatzel the clear first choice, Ward will be battling out to be the German's understudy to earn a new deal.

Omar Bogle

Another striker who has a lot to prove this term. Bogle is also in fierce competition for that second striker spot, however he is just one of two strikers to hit the back of the net this term. He offers much dynamism up front, but having already been shipped out on loan three times in two years, it feels like a make-or-break season for the 26-year-old.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ The Eight Cardiff City Players Out of Contract ‘

Postby RageJon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:35 am

Bogle and pelts would be the only renewal for me .. bamba if we are still in the championship.
Bolger is young and havent seen anything of him so I cant suggest.

The others can f**k right off last year of there contracts and want another deal

Wish i could 100% believe Tomlin but we have heard it so many times
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:04 pm

That would clear some wages, no real concern on any of them.

Peltier leaving my actually push us into getting the right back we need although id be happy to have him as back up for another year.
2blue2handle

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I thought Bamba had been given a two year contract. At his age he is going to be looking at a coaching role somewhere - probably here.

Be just our luck if Tomlin starts performing as he can and then joins some one else on a free next year.
JJ1927

Postby bluebird1972 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Get all of them off the wage bill and bring in hungry younger players
bluebird1972

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Hang on, didn't Bamba sign a new contract at the end of last season?
Bluebird Warrior

Postby wez1927 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

I thought bamba was 1 year into a new 3 year contract?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:14 am

2blue2handle wrote:That would clear some wages, no real concern on any of them.

Peltier leaving my actually push us into getting the right back we need although id be happy to have him as back up for another year.

Spot on! Let the lot of them go and the new manager will have a clean sheet to work from. I would like to see Pelts go as at 32 he is past his best days :? and we need a proper right back who can attack as well as defend.
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat