ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bercow at it again had meeting with his equivalent in EU discussed extending Brexit and having 2nd referendum! The EU speaker admitted he's bypassing uk government and talking directly with bercow about Brexit!! Shows the lengths and underhand ways remain people will go to stop Brexit.. :twisted:

Not sure how many of us voted for Bercow to conduct negotiations on our behalf. Fairly certain the answer is nobody, but that's British democracy for you. So talks between Boris and his Irish counterpart have made a bit of progress. So what, Brussels will decide what we do, just as they decided the impossible terms for our departure that May brought back a while ago. Nothing will change, the terms will be unacceptable and we will continue to be run by Brussels while handing over more power year on year.

Impossible terms? We suggested a method, we agreed said method with the EU, parliament (including johnson, jrm etc) rejected it. You can't blame the EU for that now can you. They have said no hard border since before the referendum and yet our last brexit proposal a few days ago was so bad that eu diplomats had to ask us whether there was a mistake and whether we submitted the right thing.
A no deal brexit will be the sole responsibility of the prime minister and the conservative party. Not the EU, not 'remoaners', not people who don't believe enough.

Josh, the people voted to leave the EU, Customs Union, Single Market and ECJ. Mays Deal didn’t honour any of that.
Tell me something, have you so little faith in this country, you think we could not prosper out with the failing protectionist block the EUs become?

(This is all my opinion if we had a no deal brexit) Immediately we'd be a lot worse off seen as we now will have no trade agreements with all our closest countries and our largest trading partner. It'd then be decades of negotiation at a worse position to even get to any kind of similar (It'll never be better) trade deal. The US will be by far the bigger beneficiary of any trade deal with them. Doubt we'd have a trade deal with China ATM. Africa, Asia, South America, Australasia will A) not have better deals than what we have with them currently B) Not make up the deficit that our lost EU trade will bring C) be too far away to benefit our main industries.
Even big brexiteers like Jacob Rees mogg says we won't see any benefits for 50 years and comrade farage now says he never said brexit would be a success or that we'd be better off.

:lol: Rubbish. Of all the positions on here. Your remain mania is by far the most extreme.

That's my view, you say it's rubbish so let's hear your opinion (obviously you'll now have to include evidence that my view is false and yours is accurate).

Your view is usually backed up with the most extreme pessimistic study you can find on brexit. You are an extremist josh. These anti-brexit forecasts have been so wildly wrong in the past i believe it goes beyond remain error, some might say we are being lied to.
Where was your evidence linking those billionaires to Boris? You never did reply...

He never answers questions he simply puts up some link to something hes googled instead of using his own mind to reply to anyones point of view! He then asks questions without answering yours.... :roll:

There's a difference between me actually backing up my points and what many on here do by just spouting rubbish with no proof whatsoever. I did post my view earlier and it was dismissed as 'rubbish' and no actual counter view has yet to be posted. Maybe things would be sorted a lot easier on here if people decided to check facts and figures before posting lies.
And I did reply to your other comment, his own sister bloody said it.

Hear say from Boris sister is not credible evidence josh. Every prime minister will be influenced by men in the city. Means nothing.

Above all else Boris seems influenced by a group of people called "the majority"...heard of them?

Re: Boris do as your told

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:06 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Your view is usually backed up with the most extreme pessimistic study you can find on brexit. You are an extremist josh. These anti-brexit forecasts have been so wildly wrong in the past i believe it goes beyond remain error, some might say we are being lied to.
Where was your evidence linking those billionaires to Boris? You never did reply...

He never answers questions he simply puts up some link to something hes googled instead of using his own mind to reply to anyones point of view! He then asks questions without answering yours.... :roll:

There's a difference between me actually backing up my points and what many on here do by just spouting rubbish with no proof whatsoever. I did post my view earlier and it was dismissed as 'rubbish' and no actual counter view has yet to be posted. Maybe things would be sorted a lot easier on here if people decided to check facts and figures before posting lies.

Hear say from Boris sister is not credible evidence josh. Every prime minister will be influenced by men in the city. Means nothing.

Above all else Boris seems influenced by a group of people called "the majority"...heard of them?

Tbh I doubt even me showing you a video of them saying 'I am linked to Boris Johnson and I am a billionaire' would be enough.
I would have also loved to point out that 204 of 226 polls since the referendum have remain winning with only one of the 7 leave wins happening in the last 2 years but obviously I can't do that or Al will start crying that I've used an outside source instead of making stuff up.
Prove to me that a majority still wants brexit let alone a no deal one.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Tbh I doubt even me showing you a video of them saying 'I am linked to Boris Johnson and I am a billionaire' would be enough.
I would have also loved to point out that 204 of 226 polls since the referendum have remain winning with only one of the 7 leave wins happening in the last 2 years but obviously I can't do that or Al will start crying that I've used an outside source instead of making stuff up.

You have no evidence then.

Cancel democracy and follow polls instead. josh the extremist has spoken.
Btw, A day before our referendum the silly polls told us remain would win it. What do you think of that?

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Any idea how many polls put "leave" ahead several months before the last referendum Josh? I know the answer to that one.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:A fairly serious thought just popped into my head which I would like to put to those on the remain side of this discussion.

If everything that we have seen listed about what will happen is true. If our economy is set to crumble and our supply lines become crippled leaving us without food, water and medicine etc whilst the EU will be fine to stay calm and carry on as per usual. Wouldn't it be in their interests to just let us go and fail without them?

Wouldn't our spectacular failure, having had the audacity, arrogance and sheer stupidity to think we could go our stand on our own two feet be exactly what is needed to quell the rise of populist governments across Europe?

Wouldn't it work in their best interests long-term for them to let us go without a deal, given that we are going to be so much worse off than they are and we could act as the swinging pirates corpse at the exit to deter any other nation foolish enough to think they could leave without doing a 'UK' and committing their future generations to terrible, terrible suffering - all in the name of such fanciful romantic notions of sovereignty and democracy?

If our leaving is so clearly destined for the doom and destruction of Britain then the EU should be welcoming our departure on the 31st October as it is in their interests.

So why is Sassoli meeting with Bercow to plot to avoid no-deal Brexit? Why is Verhofstadt talking of bypassing Boris and extending Article 50?

Surely they are not acting in their own best interests unless our leaving is perhaps not going to be as catastrophic for us as is being made out and we might make a success of it, leaving the door open for others to follow?

Don't need to be a brain surgeon to know why the EU will not allow us to leave the club. Two reasons are fairly obvious. The first is money, they need our cash to fund their projects. The second is as you state above. What happens if after the obvious teething problems, the UK then prospers? How many other EU countries will be saying we want a bit of that for ourselves? If we are destined to fail, why not use us as an example for any other EU country who may be thinking of leaving?

Not sure why so many people believe in all they read in the media. We are constantly reminded of the doomsday outcome if we leave by the same think tanks and study groups who told us it would be an economic catastrophe if the UK did not join the Eurozone and adopt the Euro - many years ago. That would have worked out wouldn't it?

I guess it's human nature to believe bad press more than mundane routine news. That's why the weather headlines on the internet are nearly always for record winters with blizzards or record summers with drought and record breaking temperatures. We never actually get any of this, but the truth doesn't attract viewers or sell advertising space.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Any idea how many polls put "leave" ahead several months before the last referendum Josh? I know the answer to that one.

Think it was 45% or thereabouts.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

There was not one single poll that put "leave" ahead until we got closer to the referendum, and at that stage the polls started showing that the result may be closer than first believed. Cameron called for the referendum because all the information available at that time showed a comfortable win for "remain". If those at the top had thought for one moment there was a chance that we would vote to leave, the referendum would never have been called.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Btw, A day before our referendum the silly polls told us remain would win it. What do you think of that?

Is that before or after comrade farages pretty much given up speech (which may or may not have been to get more money for his friends).
But it does seem that you're the one who doesn't want democracy because apparently people can never change their minds and 3 years ago is the end of all votes and opinions.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:07 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

There was not one single poll that put "leave" ahead until we got closer to the referendum, and at that stage the polls started showing that the result may be closer than first believed. Cameron called for the referendum because all the information available at that time showed a comfortable win for "remain". If those at the top had thought for one moment there was a chance that we would vote to leave, the referendum would never have been called.

You wouldn't happen to have a timeline or history of the polls for me to see then?

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:14 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Is that before or after comrade farages pretty much given up speech (which may or may not have been to get more money for his friends).
But it does seem that you're the one who doesn't want democracy because apparently people can never change their minds and 3 years ago is the end of all votes and opinions.

Last thing you will hear from me on this subject Josh, because whatever happens I am not rich enough for this to have any major bearing on my lifestyle.

It is all forecasts and guesswork as to what would have happened had the EU allowed us to leave. None of us know what the outcome would have been. We don't know if the Brexit supporters were right or wrong. The only facts so far relate to the pro Euro camp. As I said in a previous thread, they were hopelessly wrong about what would happen if we did not ditch sterling and adopt the Euro. They were hopelessly wrong with regards to what would happen just by voting to leave, and what would be required to save our economy which was due to collapse within weeks of a "leave" vote. We know they have already got some of their forecasts way wrong, and it could be that Brexiteers have their forecasts equally wrong. We don't know how wrong or right the pro Brexit camp will be because leaving would be a first. We don't know how accurate their forecasts are, and never will. We know how accurate the Remain forecasts are, they have already been way out.
Anyway, I respect the fact that everyone has different views, but it is all irrelevant really as we will never leave.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:comrade farages

Out of curiosity why do you call him Comrade Farage? Are you just aping people saying Comrade Corbyn? Because that doesnt really work to my mind as it's a dig at Corbyn being a marxist, something I dont think Farage has ever been accused of but you've used it a couple of times so I'm not sure if I've missed something or if you've literally regressed to a rubber rubber sticky glue level of name calling.

Could well be I've missed something though so worth asking.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Well there’s a bit of cross dressing going on here..

I always refer to Corbyn as Gauleiter ..

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Out of curiosity why do you call him Comrade Farage? Are you just aping people saying Comrade Corbyn? Because that doesnt really work to my mind as it's a dig at Corbyn being a marxist, something I dont think Farage has ever been accused of but you've used it a couple of times so I'm not sure if I've missed something or if you've literally regressed to a rubber rubber sticky glue level of name calling.

Long story short, he and the rest of the brexit party voted against stronger measures to prevent russian meddling in elections and disinformation. Add that to the list of dodgy things that he and other brexiteers have with Russians and there you go.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Maybe the list starts like this..

“List of dodgy things I have with Russians”

by Nigel...

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Long story short, he and the rest of the brexit party voted against stronger measures to prevent russian meddling in elections and disinformation. Add that to the list of dodgy things that he and other brexiteers have with Russians and there you go.

Ah OK no I had missed that so thanks for clarifying. :thumbup:

Having had a quick look at the stories on it - only had a really quick skim of it but and it mainly seems to have been picked up by left-wing media (Independent, Guardian, NewStatesman and Scramm the latter I've never heard of to be honest) plus coming at it from the other side RT - so hard to get a non-partisan overview or balanced view on it at first glance.

That said my initial thoughts would be it seems like the Brexit Party are just aiming to be a fly in the ointment in EU elections and will largely vote down almost all motions that involve increasing EU budget just to be a pain in the arse.

That said, having had a cursory skim over the motion I would have a concern that it could open the door to strengthen the case for further enforcement of article 13 via the threat of what seems to be an overinflated boogeyman to a degree.

However, I'm not sure how many of the MEPs in the Brexit Party would fully understand the wide-reaching implications of Article 13, Anne Widdicombe, for example, comes to mind and someone who probably wouldn't get it (not picking on her one way or another - just don't think she's too up to date with cyber policy).

I would imagine most in the Brexit Party might have taken umbrage at the third point within the motion however - the clause reads "The European Parliament believes that free and fair elections are at the heart of the democratic process and therefore calls on the EU to take decisive action..." which is a little bit rich considering the current state of play with Brexit and talk of bypassing our Prime Minister, negotiating directly with Bercow etc etc

There were some comments (can't be arsed looking back to see who they were attributed to) which were along the lines of 'blaming Russia for Brexit vote diminishes the agency of people who voted to leave," which I agree with personally but to be honest I lean towards the first hypothesis that they were just being a pain in the arse and voting against anything that involves EU budget on block and we can expect them to continue doing so until we leave I reckon.

Claire Fox might still be receiving Roubles in brown paper envelopes, but I doubt the Capitalist every lefty loves to hate, Nigel Farage is. I doubt the Russians even have half the influence that the motion in question makes out they have either, but that's another story.

At least I know where 'Comrade Farage' comes from now though as it did have me scratching my head and it all makes more sense now so thanks for that :thumbright:

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm

More trouble for Boris ... Jennifer ;)

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:More trouble for Boris ... Jennifer ;)

A woman scorned.The papers will pay her loads to dish real dirt on him.

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

As long as no dirt on her or she's not bothered about her reputation? Getting like USA every election... :old:

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:15 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

cast aside like a...…..gremlin ?