Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Boris do as your told

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pontfaenblue wrote:Do you remainers really want to be told by the Germans and French what to do? :laughing6:

Go on, give me one example of the French or Germans telling us what to do?

They tell us we got to give migrants benefits as soon as they arrive here why do you think they come ? yet they dont do it themselves unless they give migrants asylum ! The EU countries ignore lots of the rules while we have to obey or get fined especially agriculture ones, ffs had Italians claiming for fields didnt have? We could never do that :laughing6:

Sorry but you are totally incorrect. It is Westminster who adapt EU laws, thar’s why some of our laws are different to EU countries. Oh and by the way we can veto anything we don’t like if we choose to. You’re blaming the wrong lawmakers again

Ok if you say so ! But then you make point that EU makes the laws we adopt them mmm as if we can say no to whatever they say? Or you saying we can ignore EU? We ignore and hey presto it's a fine.. :old:
And we do have to pay benefits to migrants while EU countries don't! Thats what started this mess in 1st place if you remember? :roll:

At present the UK has a veto on any decision the EU passes. If we don’t like it we can stop it. Laws are passed by the EU but are then amended by member states. That’s why you’ll find different interpretations of the same law across Europe

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:25 pm

I see Jo Swinson will cancel Brexit if she wins a majority in the next election on the basis that the electorate would of given her a mandate to do that. If Boris wins a majority and forms the government I assume she'll be completely accepting that he has free reign to take us out with no deal should he wish.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:18 pm

epping blue wrote:I see Jo Swinson will cancel Brexit if she wins a majority in the next election on the basis that the electorate would of given her a mandate to do that. If Boris wins a majority and forms the government I assume she'll be completely accepting that he has free reign to take us out with no deal should he wish.

He’s already doing that, quite obvious that the plan is no deal, no plans put forward, no dialogue of substance and running scared of scrutiny!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:19 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pontfaenblue wrote:Do you remainers really want to be told by the Germans and French what to do? :laughing6:

Here’s one.. Macron tells Boris the backstop in indispensable.

Need any more.. there’s loads.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

They tell us we got to give migrants benefits as soon as they arrive here why do you think they come ? yet they dont do it themselves unless they give migrants asylum ! The EU countries ignore lots of the rules while we have to obey or get fined especially agriculture ones, ffs had Italians claiming for fields didnt have? We could never do that :laughing6:

Sorry but you are totally incorrect. It is Westminster who adapt EU laws, thar’s why some of our laws are different to EU countries. Oh and by the way we can veto anything we don’t like if we choose to. You’re blaming the wrong lawmakers again

Ok if you say so ! But then you make point that EU makes the laws we adopt them mmm as if we can say no to whatever they say? Or you saying we can ignore EU? We ignore and hey presto it's a fine.. :old:
And we do have to pay benefits to migrants while EU countries don't! Thats what started this mess in 1st place if you remember? :roll:

At present the UK has a veto on any decision the EU passes. If we don’t like it we can stop it. Laws are passed by the EU but are then amended by member states. That’s why you’ll find different interpretations of the same law across Europe

I'm not sure the UK can veto a European Court of Justice ruling.

Bluegog why are you arguing for the veto? when the E.U. direction of travel is to abolish the veto and erode nation state autonomy. Are you ok with that?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

The problem is that Ireland will still be in the EU while the north of Ireland will not. The border then becomes an EU border, hence the need for customs etc, but the Good Friday Agreement did away with check point on the border. So, to keep the peace in the north with open borders an arrangement has to be made. The backstop keeps some aspects of the north in the EU to allow open borders. It's a simple choice really the backstop or hard borders that could lead to the return of the troubles.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:24 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Bluegog why are you arguing for the veto? when the E.U. direction of travel is to abolish the veto and erode nation state autonomy. Are you ok with that?

I'm not arguing for a veto, it's all ready there. The UK can veto any decision, law made by the EU (while still a member).

No there's no veto on the court of justice.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:00 pm

BlueGog wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

I'm not arguing for a veto, it's all ready there. The UK can veto any decision, law made by the EU (while still a member).

So you want nation states to lose their veto, conceding sovereignty to unelected commissioners in Brussels? Make no mistake If you voted remain that's what you're voting for.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:57 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

So you want nation states to lose their veto, conceding sovereignty to unelected commissioners in Brussels? Make no mistake If you voted remain that's what you're voting for.

Gibberish! Couldn’t make it up. Where do you get such ideas??

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Haha are you a wind up account?
We are conceding more and more power to Brussels, that's what is happening/ has been happening for decades.
Guy verhofstadt has been open about watering down the veto system to a majority rules system and eventually removing the veto. It's coming, Just like the European army that was dismissed as nonesense only 3 years ago.
Do you actually believe the E.U. will now stop taking power from nation states? If so why?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:11 am

BlueGog wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

The problem is that Ireland will still be in the EU while the north of Ireland will not. The border then becomes an EU border, hence the need for customs etc, but the Good Friday Agreement did away with check point on the border. So, to keep the peace in the north with open borders an arrangement has to be made. The backstop keeps some aspects of the north in the EU to allow open borders. It's a simple choice really the backstop or hard borders that could lead to the return of the troubles.

You asked for an example of the French and Germans telling the UK what to do. You were given one and in response you post a load of remain waffle rather than accept that; yes the French and Germans do tell us what to do even if it is wrapped as a 'boarder issue' :roll:

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:29 am

BlueGog wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:So you want nation states to lose their veto, conceding sovereignty to unelected commissioners in Brussels? Make no mistake If you voted remain that's what you're voting for.

Gibberish! Couldn’t make it up. Where do you get such ideas??

EU Commissioners are not directly voted for by the electorate of Europe they are appointed by the member states. Why do you claim that is made up, it is well known?

You only have to look at how the EU is evolving since the UK joined the EEC in 1973. Maastricht Treaty in 1992 was the first step towards closer European integration where freedom of movement was created and also the basis for introducing the Euro currency.

The Lisbon Treaty created a permanent European Commission President (atm Donald Tusk) where previously it was rotated amongst the member states for a six month period. It also created new powers for the European Commission, European Parliament and European Court of Justice in the field of justice and home affairs of member states.

Also there was the removal of national vetoes in a number of areas, including fighting climate change, energy security and emergency aid. Many see this as the thin edge of the wedge and eventually veto's in tax, foreign policy, defence and social security will be axed if the UK is humiliated and is forced to remain part of the EU.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:09 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Come monday the no-deal option would be breaking the law.He said he'd never do it but he'll have to ask the EU for an extension.Doing as he's told-good enough for him :lol:

He's got a loophole :thumbup:

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Question for the 'we know what we voted for' group. Let's say we leave next month with no deal, what will then happen to all the EU laws in the UK. I'm not talking about freedom of movement but more of the 'smaller' ones like employability laws (paid holidays, maximum working week) etc. Will they stay the same? Increase? Decrease? Be removed?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Question for the 'we know what we voted for' group. Let's say we leave next month with no deal, what will then happen to all the EU laws in the UK. I'm not talking about freedom of movement but more of the 'smaller' ones like employability laws (paid holidays, maximum working week) etc. Will they stay the same? Increase? Decrease? Be removed?

We have already been told that existing EU employment law will be incorporated into British law, and that workers will maintain the same rights as they already have. A lot of our employment laws have not originated via the EU anyway eg. unfair dismissal. Parliament will obviously be able to make amendments in the future if they so wish, just as the EU are able to do now.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Question for the 'we know what we voted for' group. Let's say we leave next month with no deal, what will then happen to all the EU laws in the UK. I'm not talking about freedom of movement but more of the 'smaller' ones like employability laws (paid holidays, maximum working week) etc. Will they stay the same? Increase? Decrease? Be removed?

We have already been told that existing EU employment law will be incorporated into British law, and that workers will maintain the same rights as they already have. A lot of our employment laws have not originated via the EU anyway eg. unfair dismissal. Parliament will obviously be able to make amendments in the future if they so wish, just as the EU are able to do now.

Was told on here by a remainer EU dont make the laws for uk they say what they want and uk as final say in what we accept or decline ? Be nice to make and implement our own instead of having to go to EU for some of them

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 pm

The MO of the remain brigade is to do the ‘Ostrich’..to ignore debates that have already been lost.

And the sight of the greaseball Verhofstadt waving a ‘Bollox to Brexit’ t- shirt just about says it all. I hope we leave with no-deal, we’ll be better off out of that pit of greasy snivelers and commies.

Anyway, City of London is booming, With EU investments in decline because the markets have no confidence there.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Was told on here by a remainer EU dont make the laws for uk they say what they want and uk as final say in what we accept or decline ? Be nice to make and implement our own instead of having to go to EU for some of them

Since 1999, the UK has voted in agreement with 95% of EU laws. The UK has only voted against 2% of EU laws - most of which were related to tax avoidance regulation. Fact!

The clue to Brexit is in the 'tax avoidance' bit. A new law tax avoidance law that will hit the Eton millionaires hard is probably the real reason for Brexit and they've conned half the country into believing its about sovereignty and immigration.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:35 am

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Since 1999, the UK has voted in agreement with 95% of EU laws. The UK has only voted against 2% of EU laws - most of which were related to tax avoidance regulation. Fact!

The clue to Brexit is in the 'tax avoidance' bit. A new law tax avoidance law that will hit the Eton millionaires hard is probably the real reason for Brexit and they've conned half the country into believing its about sovereignty and immigration.

So just the Eton millionaires, not remainers like Branson or the parasites from Goldman Sachs.
From 2010-2015 we used the veto 12% of the time.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:26 am

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rubbish lol, millionaires/Billionaires are queueing up to fund "remain" or the "peoples vote" campaign(Soros).

Global Banks JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs. Lots of money pouring into libdems now they've pledged to stop brexit.
The E.U. is an anti democratic millionaires club. Free movement is exploitation of cheap labour for the above.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:27 am

Bluebina wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Come monday the no-deal option would be breaking the law.He said he'd never do it but he'll have to ask the EU for an extension.Doing as he's told-good enough for him :lol:

He's got a loophole :thumbup:

He has...roll on Halloween. Remainers in checkmate.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rubbish lol, millionaires/Billionaires are queueing up to fund "remain" or the "peoples vote" campaign(Soros).

Global Banks JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs. Lots of money pouring into libdems now they've pledged to stop brexit.
The E.U. is an anti democratic millionaires club. Free movement is exploitation of cheap labour for the above.

Nail on head.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Wonder why the people who donated here want to leave??? And now you can provide the figures for how much the people you stated have donated.

'From the financial data publicly available, Byline Times can reveal that currently £4,563,350,000 (£4.6 billion) of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit have been taken out by hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign.

Most of these firms also donated to Vote Leave and took out short positions on the EU Referendum result. The ones which didn’t typically didn’t exist at that time but are invariably connected via directorships to companies that did.

Another £3,711,000,000 (£3.7 billion) of these short positions have been taken out by firms that donated to the Vote Leave campaign, but did not donate directly to the Johnson leadership campaign.

Currently, £8,274,350,000 (£8.3 billion) of aggregate short positions has been taken out by hedge funds connected to the Prime Minister and his Vote Leave campaign, run by his advisor Dominic Cummings, on a ‘no deal’ Brexit.'

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am

you can quote money for this and that and yes there are a lot of greedy selfish b'strds about but the main reason people voted to leave was as elyboy1984 said .people fear for there jobs.a lot of people in working class areas are already on the breadline and to remain would mean further exploitation .it has nothing to to with racism before that one comes up again.simples,all the rest is bullshit. ;)

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am

exile wrote:you can quote money for this and that and yes there are a lot of greedy selfish b'strds about but the main reason people voted to leave was as elyboy1984 said .people fear for there jobs.a lot of people in working class areas are already on the breadline and to remain would mean further exploitation .it has nothing to to with racism before that one comes up again.simples,all the rest is bullshit. ;)

if Carlsberg did bullshit. :lol:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
exile wrote:you can quote money for this and that and yes there are a lot of greedy selfish b'strds about but the main reason people voted to leave was as elyboy1984 said .people fear for there jobs.a lot of people in working class areas are already on the breadline and to remain would mean further exploitation .it has nothing to to with racism before that one comes up again.simples,all the rest is bullshit. ;)

they'd come straight to your door. :lol:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:35 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Wonder why the people who donated here want to leave??? And now you can provide the figures for how much the people you stated have donated.

'From the financial data publicly available, Byline Times can reveal that currently £4,563,350,000 (£4.6 billion) of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit have been taken out by hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign.

Most of these firms also donated to Vote Leave and took out short positions on the EU Referendum result. The ones which didn’t typically didn’t exist at that time but are invariably connected via directorships to companies that did.

Another £3,711,000,000 (£3.7 billion) of these short positions have been taken out by firms that donated to the Vote Leave campaign, but did not donate directly to the Johnson leadership campaign.

Currently, £8,274,350,000 (£8.3 billion) of aggregate short positions has been taken out by hedge funds connected to the Prime Minister and his Vote Leave campaign, run by his advisor Dominic Cummings, on a ‘no deal’ Brexit.'

"Most of these firms also donated to Vote Leave "......evidence?

Taking out a short position means nothing, they are hedging their bets on a certain outcome SHORT TERM, Means nothing.

Britain as a whole will be richer after Brexit. This is according to Norwegien sovereign wealth fund managers worth 1 trillion, who are betting on Britain with hard cash. No political angles or scaremongering. Hard cash.
You get the truth with details like this.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:35 am

exile wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

they'd come straight to your door. :lol:

because they'd find you lying in it :lol:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:08 am

This morning Nigel Farage has spoken with Barnier and Juncker, he says their language is softening on minor compromises to the WA. Farage has said that he suspects Boris will tweak Theresa May's withdrawal agreement at the October 17th summit.
If this is true we still pay £39 billion a year. We are still under the jurisdiction of the the European Court of Justice(enforced immigration), we are still in the customs union(no trade deals without E.U. consent)

If true Brexit Party here we come.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:29 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:This morning Nigel Farage has spoken with Barnier and Juncker, he says their language is softening on minor compromises to the WA. Farage has said that he suspects Boris will tweak Theresa May's withdrawal agreement at the October 17th summit.
If this is true we still pay £39 billion a year. We are still under the jurisdiction of the the European Court of Justice(enforced immigration), we are still in the customs union(no trade deals without E.U. consent)

If true Brexit Party here we come.

if that is true,then we all might as well voted to remain.an appeasement for big business to carry on breaking down peoples wages etc .the unions are in for some big fights ahead.