Azer-bai-jan

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Azer-bai-jan

Postby Dazzy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Saved out of the poop by Bale. How come - with so much quality - has it stooped to this!! Embarrassing!!!!!

I’ve never rated Giggs as a manager (or person for that matter) but obv rated him in the EPL
Dazzy
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Azer-bai-jan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby Northern Blue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke
Northern Blue
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 7:33 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 am

Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 am

RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:57 am

BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.


Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am

RV Casual wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.


Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.



Rv it's been said on here before about Coleman's tactics costing us this is a case of looking at stats and using them to make an opposite argument again! Performances under Coleman were nearly as dire as last night and he did cost us against Ireland? Half the time he played bale holding midfield passing to a left back playing left wing!! :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18505
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:58 am

RV Casual wrote:
Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.


You will have to be serious and wrong then I guess.

2 losses in 12, one of those against France. We are Wales not Brazil. We have no right to demand wins against teams like Austria and Serbia, they are far from shocking draws and very creditable points.

You sound like one of the newer Wales fans. Those of us that have been following for decades do not see that as a dip in the slightest.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:10 am

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.


Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.



Rv it's been said on here before about Coleman's tactics costing us this is a case of looking at stats and using them to make an opposite argument again! Performances under Coleman were nearly as dire as last night and he did cost us against Ireland? Half the time he played bale holding midfield passing to a left back playing left wing!! :o


Colemans even admitted it mate, let the Jack spout his usual bullshit, he is clearly clueless on all things Wales.

I went to a Q&A with Coleman just after he took the Sunderland job and still turned up even though he didn't need to. He is a decent man to be fair to him, he admitted he had made mistakes during the campaign and that a fresh start was needed for both sides.

It was our best chance to qualify for the World Cup since 58, no ifs or butt's about it and the DIP set on his watch.

Just look at the Jack's comments below to show the mark of the man.

I'v followed Wales home and away for 30 years mainly through absolute dross you can only laugh at him.

His multi started the thread claiming the Dip started under Giggs when you would have to be living with you're head in the sand not to concede it actualy started long before but let him crack on, cuckoo, cuckoo. Lol.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:16 am

RV Casual wrote:
Colemans even admitted it mate, let the Jack spout his usual bullshit, he is clearly clueless on all things Wales.

I went to a Q&A with Coleman just after he took the Sunderland job and still turned up even though he didn't need to. He is a decent man to be fair to him, he admitted he had made mistakes during the campaign and that a fresh start was needed for both sides.

It was our best chance to qualify for the World Cup since 58, no ifs or butt's about it and the DIP set on his watch.

Just look at the Jack's comments below to show the mark of the man.

I'v followed Wales home and away for 30 years mainly through absolute dross you can only laugh at him.

His multi started the thread claiming the Dip started under Giggs when you would have to be living with you're head in the sand not to concede it actualy started long before but let him crack on, cuckoo, cuckoo. Lol.


Well your powers of deduction seem to be matching your knowledge on Wales national team currently and you continue to be incorrect on all counts. Coleman is the most successful Welsh manager in our history and 2 defeats in 12 matches, one of those against World number 3 in the FIFA rankings does not suggest a dip.

You can be as paranoid as you like, but the facts dont change.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 am

He doesn't do insults look.

New fan, paranoid lol #rattled
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:25 am

RV Casual wrote:He doesn't do insults look.

New fan, paranoid lol #rattled


I don't do insults, no. You really shouldn't be offended by either comment. :roll:

I stated some pretty solid and fair facts and you threw your toys out of the pram (including a rattle ironically) - trying to convince everyone (or maybe just yourself) that I must be everyone else and made some very newby comments that seasoned Wales fans tend to roll their eyes at.

If you are neither paranoid nor a newby fan then it must be your emotions talking and you are doing yourself no service at all.
Last edited by BackToTheFuture on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:26 am

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.


Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.



Rv it's been said on here before about Coleman's tactics costing us this is a case of looking at stats and using them to make an opposite argument again! Performances under Coleman were nearly as dire as last night and he did cost us against Ireland? Half the time he played bale holding midfield passing to a left back playing left wing!! :o


Colemans even admitted it mate, let the Jack spout his usual bullshit, he is clearly clueless on all things Wales.

I went to a Q&A with Coleman just after he took the Sunderland job and still turned up even though he didn't need to. He is a decent man to be fair to him, he admitted he had made mistakes during the campaign and that a fresh start was needed for both sides.

It was our best chance to qualify for the World Cup since 58, no ifs or butt's about it and the DIP set on his watch.

Just look at the Jack's comments below to show the mark of the man.

I'v followed Wales home and away for 30 years mainly through absolute dross you can only laugh at him.

His multi started the thread claiming the Dip started under Giggs when you would have to be living with you're head in the sand not to concede it actualy started long before but let him crack on, cuckoo, cuckoo. Lol.



Giggs inherited a team of youngsters who had little experience at any level never mind international! Coleman had the experienced players but like Hughes failed in his tactics to get us to world cup when one game away because of his defensive mindset.... no disputing best times under Coleman but doesnt hide fact we were struggling in his latter time in charge? (Results hide the performances over qualification) bit like last night! Why otherwise would he give up the talent we have now for a car crash in Sunderland ?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18505
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 am

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:Needs to go the dip since Coleman left is a joke



Stop talking shit. The dip started under Coleman.


Are you serious? Wales had lost 2 of its previous 12 games prior to Coleman stepping down. One of those was away to France :D . Prior to those 12 matches was making the Semi Finals of the Euros.

Since Giggs took over we have lost 6 of 14 including against the mighty Albania.


Yep, I'm deadly serious, and right.

The 'DIP' as your'e fellow jack/second log in (whatever it maybe) called it started under Coleman, an undeniable fact widely accepted by Welsh fans who actually follow the team.

Coleman achived good things with Wales but let himself down at the end and cost us our best chance of qualifying for a World Cup since 1958 with his negative tactics.

The results and performances towards the end of his reign were nothing short of abysmal, scraping past Georgia and Moldova and culminating in that shocking defeat at home to an at the time poor ROI to cost us a play off place.

The record is masked by 5 shocking draws, one of which was against Georgia who by the way are even less mighty than Albania who actually qualified for the last Euros.

Yep. The dip deinitly started under Coleman.



Rv it's been said on here before about Coleman's tactics costing us this is a case of looking at stats and using them to make an opposite argument again! Performances under Coleman were nearly as dire as last night and he did cost us against Ireland? Half the time he played bale holding midfield passing to a left back playing left wing!! :o


Colemans even admitted it mate, let the Jack spout his usual bullshit, he is clearly clueless on all things Wales.

I went to a Q&A with Coleman just after he took the Sunderland job and still turned up even though he didn't need to. He is a decent man to be fair to him, he admitted he had made mistakes during the campaign and that a fresh start was needed for both sides.

It was our best chance to qualify for the World Cup since 58, no ifs or butt's about it and the DIP set on his watch.

Just look at the Jack's comments below to show the mark of the man.

I'v followed Wales home and away for 30 years mainly through absolute dross you can only laugh at him.

His multi started the thread claiming the Dip started under Giggs when you would have to be living with you're head in the sand not to concede it actualy started long before but let him crack on, cuckoo, cuckoo. Lol.



Giggs inherited a team of youngsters who had little experience at any level never mind international! Coleman had the experienced players but like Hughes failed in his tactics to get us to world cup when one game away because of his defensive mindset.... no disputing best times under Coleman but doesnt hide fact we were struggling in his latter time in charge? (Results hide the performances over qualification) bit like last night! Why otherwise would he give up the talent we have now for a car crash in Sunderland ?


We are all wrong new fans though mate, the oracle has spoken
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Giggs inherited a team of youngsters who had little experience at any level never mind international! Coleman had the experienced players but like Hughes failed in his tactics to get us to world cup when one game away because of his defensive mindset.... no disputing best times under Coleman but doesnt hide fact we were struggling in his latter time in charge? (Results hide the performances over qualification) bit like last night! Why otherwise would he give up the talent we have now for a car crash in Sunderland ?


The side Ryan Giggs inherited was the same side Chris Coleman gave him ffs :lol:
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby BackToTheFuture » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:31 am

RV Casual wrote:
We are all wrong new fans though mate, the oracle has spoken


All?

I have only suggest you sound like a new fan thus far. You will need to change my mind on that then, nothing you have said so far suggests otherwise.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
User avatar
BackToTheFuture
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am

I don't need to prove anything to anyone, least of all you.

99.9% certain anyone who's followed Wales will agree our Dip on form started UNDER COLEMAN, you can't re-write history no matter how much you justify it in youre own head.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Dazzy wrote:Saved out of the poop by Bale. How come - with so much quality - has it stooped to this!! Embarrassing!!!!!

I’ve never rated Giggs as a manager (or person for that matter) but obv rated him in the EPL


Really :?: Croatia only beat them 2-1 at home,turkey scraped past Andora 1-0 in the 89th minute,Armenia beat bosnia 4-2 the so called minnows are improving year on year. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Holding Croatia to 1-1 with 10 minutes to go, clearly not as bad as people think they are.

Croatia goal coming from the spot.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 30323
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Finisher 1-1 makes our 2-1 even better.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 30323
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Finisher 1-1 makes our 2-1 even better.



It does and most open group in euros :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18505
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Finisher 1-1 makes our 2-1 even better.



It does and most open group in euros :thumbup:


Along with ... HUNGARY 1 : 2 SLOVAKIA .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16353
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby derbyram » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 pm

RV Casual wrote:I don't need to prove anything to anyone, least of all you.

99.9% certain anyone who's followed Wales will agree our Dip on form started UNDER COLEMAN, you can't re-write history no matter how much you justify it in youre own head.


I’m only posting this again due to the last one being bizarrely deleted, but In the 12 matches prior to Coleman leaving, we won 4, drew 6 and lost 2 (one of those defeats against France away in a friendly). The 10 matches before that we lost 5 of them, that includes spanning right through the Euros.

The 12 matches Coleman was in charge of which followed the Euros was probably one of the best set of 12 results in decades.

As you say, you can’t re-write history.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear
User avatar
derbyram
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 pm

derbyram wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I don't need to prove anything to anyone, least of all you.

99.9% certain anyone who's followed Wales will agree our Dip on form started UNDER COLEMAN, you can't re-write history no matter how much you justify it in youre own head.


I’m only posting this again due to the last one being bizarrely deleted, but In the 12 matches prior to Coleman leaving, we won 4, drew 6 and lost 2 (one of those defeats against France away in a friendly). The 10 matches before that we lost 5 of them, that includes spanning right through the Euros.

The 12 matches Coleman was in charge of which followed the Euros was probably one of the best set of 12 results in decades.

As you say, you can’t re-write history.



can win 12 games in a row but doesnt mean we played well in them al because we did not play well and the football was not brilliant towards end of Colemans time bit like Fridays performance? It's a result led business and no doubt stats tell you we had best results in years but stats don't tell you whole picture thats for sure.... :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 18505
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby derbyram » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
can win 12 games in a row but doesnt mean we played well in them al because we did not play well and the football was not brilliant towards end of Colemans time bit like Fridays performance? It's a result led business and no doubt stats tell you we had best results in years but stats don't tell you whole picture thats for sure.... :old:


We played fine. Much better than when Giggs took over.

We were never going to replicate the performances during the Euros and that be our base level, was just a special moment in time. But to say we had a dip which is contributing to the poor performances of late is just incorrect, because we didn't really have any noteworthy dip under Coleman - far from it.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear
User avatar
derbyram
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:30 am

derbyram wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
can win 12 games in a row but doesnt mean we played well in them al because we did not play well and the football was not brilliant towards end of Colemans time bit like Fridays performance? It's a result led business and no doubt stats tell you we had best results in years but stats don't tell you whole picture thats for sure.... :old:


We played fine. Much better than when Giggs took over.

We were never going to replicate the performances during the Euros and that be our base level, was just a special moment in time. But to say we had a dip which is contributing to the poor performances of late is just incorrect, because we didn't really have any noteworthy dip under Coleman - far from it.


We had a dip in form under Coleman before the Euros, something he admitted.

Then our form picked up winning 4 out of 6 in the Euros with some exceptional performances (I was at the Russia Game in Toulouse) which was outstanding.

Then we started the WC Qualifiers with a 4-0 win before going on an run of 5 draws putting in some absolutely shocking performances with negative tactics, that is
what you call a dip in form my friend when the performances dip to below what they were previously, that started under Coleman, those are the facts.

This is why you will ever be accepted on this board as you are unable to accept another point of view even when it is blue in the face. You would rather argue the toss even when you're wrong in search for 'bites'.

It's beyond weired. Just let it go.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby epping blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 am

I rank the failure to qualify for Russia as up there with biggest disappointments of the last 50 years. We'll never get a better chance to qualify for a world cup. Azerbaijan looked good against Croatia to be fair but worryingly the away end looks tiny. There's 8 in my party going all along way down the priority ladder. Its going to be an awfully long trip to watch the game in a bar. Did it in Budapest and didn't enjoy it.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby bluerover » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:06 am

RV Casual wrote:
derbyram wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
can win 12 games in a row but doesnt mean we played well in them al because we did not play well and the football was not brilliant towards end of Colemans time bit like Fridays performance? It's a result led business and no doubt stats tell you we had best results in years but stats don't tell you whole picture thats for sure.... :old:


We played fine. Much better than when Giggs took over.

We were never going to replicate the performances during the Euros and that be our base level, was just a special moment in time. But to say we had a dip which is contributing to the poor performances of late is just incorrect, because we didn't really have any noteworthy dip under Coleman - far from it.


We had a dip in form under Coleman before the Euros, something he admitted.

Then our form picked up winning 4 out of 6 in the Euros with some exceptional performances (I was at the Russia Game in Toulouse) which was outstanding.

Then we started the WC Qualifiers with a 4-0 win before going on an run of 5 draws putting in some absolutely shocking performances with negative tactics, that is
what you call a dip in form my friend when the performances dip to below what they were previously, that started under Coleman, those are the facts.

This is why you will ever be accepted on this board as you are unable to accept another point of view even when it is blue in the face. You would rather argue the toss even when you're wrong in search for 'bites'.

It's beyond weired. Just let it go.


No we didn’t. The only “dip in form” was after Speed died and Coleman was instructed to keep everything the same. Once that didn’t work he changed to his own style and we excelled.

You cannot call “a dip in form” one of our best spells of form in history, no matter what your agenda. Drawing against the likes of Serbia and Austria is not something to be embarrassed about. This is what led me to the newby fan comment.

Accepted on this board? You really don’t have any idea about me do you? If you think my goal was to be accepted on this board then I wouldn’t air half the opinions I hold. Acceptance is of little consequence to me. I’m just after accuracy and truth, and take exception to the opposite - hence this reply.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.

(This quote turned out bang on, as predicted).
User avatar
bluerover
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby RV Casual » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:16 am

epping blue wrote:I rank the failure to qualify for Russia as up there with biggest disappointments of the last 50 years. We'll never get a better chance to qualify for a world cup. Azerbaijan looked good against Croatia to be fair but worryingly the away end looks tiny. There's 8 in my party going all along way down the priority ladder. Its going to be an awfully long trip to watch the game in a bar. Did it in Budapest and didn't enjoy it.


Correct mate, the dip in form after the Moldova game and the 5 draws was what cost us big time.

The home draw against Georgia was shocking taking the lead twice against Austria and not seeing it through equally as disappointing as was conceding against Serbia at home in the 85th minute who were awfull. The tactics in the other games were dreadful and for all the good Coleman did I agree with you that failure to get to Russia is up there considering the quality of the group.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby bluerover » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 am

RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:I rank the failure to qualify for Russia as up there with biggest disappointments of the last 50 years. We'll never get a better chance to qualify for a world cup. Azerbaijan looked good against Croatia to be fair but worryingly the away end looks tiny. There's 8 in my party going all along way down the priority ladder. Its going to be an awfully long trip to watch the game in a bar. Did it in Budapest and didn't enjoy it.


Correct mate, the dip in form after the Moldova game and the 5 draws was what cost us big time.

The home draw against Georgia was shocking taking the lead twice against Austria and not seeing it through equally as disappointing as was conceding against Serbia at home in the 85th minute who were awfull. The tactics in the other games were dreadful and for all the good Coleman did I agree with you that failure to get to Russia is up there considering the quality of the group.


Draw against Georgia yes, poor result. Drawing against Austria and Serbia not at all, it doesn’t matter if we took the lead - a match is 90 mins long.

So you seem to be referring to one bad result in a run of games that marks one of our best periods in our history. That is not a dip in form, more so when that run of games saw us be far more fruitful than the previous games before it.

Sorry but you are wrong here and I think you are starting to realise that. Maybe you didn’t look at the fixtures and results prior to making your claim and assumed that nobody would remember or look. Now you feel you have to stick to that even though the facts disagree with you.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.

(This quote turned out bang on, as predicted).
User avatar
bluerover
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Re: Azer-bai-jan

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

epping blue wrote:I rank the failure to qualify for Russia as up there with biggest disappointments of the last 50 years. We'll never get a better chance to qualify for a world cup. Azerbaijan looked good against Croatia to be fair but worryingly the away end looks tiny. There's 8 in my party going all along way down the priority ladder. Its going to be an awfully long trip to watch the game in a bar. Did it in Budapest and didn't enjoy it.


Have to agree, Coleman cost us that campaign, went far to defensive and just hoped Bale would produce something.

Although not a huge Giggs fan I like the way he has brought through all the young talent straight away a bit like Tosh after the disaster of Hughes.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 30323
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Isawgarystevensscoreagoal, Jock, JulesK, Majestic-12 [Bot], papa, piledriver64, valleyrambill and 146 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.