Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

pompey on saturday

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm

for any of you coming down to pompey on saturday, the "brewers arms" & "mr pickwicks" are the 2 best away friendly pubs, both situated on milton rd, 5 mins walk behind away end. for those coming by train there is a wetherspoons situated on fratton rd 5 mins from fratton station, obviously the further you go away from ground you should have no problems. should be cracking game with great atmosphere, although due to both our starts i hope we catch you on a off day, regards & respect snowy

Re: pompey on saturday

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 pm

snowy wrote:for any of you coming down to pompey on saturday, the "brewers arms" & "mr pickwicks" are the 2 best away friendly pubs, both situated on milton rd, 5 mins walk behind away end. for those coming by train there is a wetherspoons situated on fratton rd 5 mins from fratton station, obviously the further you go away from ground you should have no problems. should be cracking game with great atmosphere, although due to both our starts i hope we catch you on a off day, regards & respect snowy

What pubs/areas do you think we should avoid?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:00 pm

smithys & shepherds crook, aint been no trouble for ages, cos you havent been down for a while will be well policed, best advice is to get in pubs early near the ground, wetherspoons dont let kids in on matchdays, brewers fayre has beer garden

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:09 pm

snowy wrote:smithys & shepherds crook, aint been no trouble for ages, cos you havent been down for a while will be well policed, best advice is to get in pubs early near the ground, wetherspoons dont let kids in on matchdays, brewers fayre has beer garden

I think we'll try smithys & sheperds crook .......i'm bringing the kids :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Snowy coming by car mate,best place to park?went to Gunners Wharf last year found parking ok there.How far is the ground from there or is there somwhere nearer.Look forward to next weeks trip.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:54 pm

street parking ok, obviously earlier you get their more spaces, failing that club car park £10 (rip off)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm

thanks mate i thought there is matchday restrictions in place though?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm

guanwharf keys is too far from ground, you will find parking near ground is ok

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Cheers Snowy thanks for info mate! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: