Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ CARDIFF CITY GET HUGE INJURY BOOST ‘

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Cardiff City's Sol Bamba gives huge boost with latest injury update
By Glen Williams

Wednesday 11th September 2019

The Bluebirds defender has been out of action since March

Sol Bamba has handed Cardiff City a major injury boost by declaring he is just a couple of weeks away from his playing return.

The Ivorian has been sidelined since March following surgery on a horrendous ACL injury, which usually takes up to nine months to recover from.

However, the centre back has confirmed he has resumed full training, is way ahead of schedule and could even return in time for the away trip to Hull City on September 28. However, the midweek game against QPR or even the following week against West Brom looks more likely.

"The rehabilitation has been very good, I'm ahead of schedule," Bamba said

"I've been training with the team now for the last two weeks, so I still have another two or three weeks to train with them to get back used to it before playing a game.

"I don't have a game in mind (to return), but the gaffer wants me to train for a month with the team, so it's been two weeks and I think I've got another two or three weeks.

"From there they are going to decide when I can come back in. For me, ideally, I'd like to play 90 minutes with the Under-23s, maybe two games, to get back fitness-wise and take it from there."

Warnock revealed last week that the defender was forced to train with a bright bib on to ensure no one made any contact with him in fear of setting him back in his rehabilitation.

However that school of thought was short lived after Bamba insisted he went full-tilt.

"I wasn't happy with that (the bib), so I stopped wearing it," he added. "I said to everyone 'come and kick me, because I will kick you'. Every single time the gaffer is like 'calm down, don't go for a tackle', but I can't help myself.

"It's either I train and I train properly, or I don't.

"I always argue with the physios, I always ask to do more and they tell me I don't need to do it. But that's just me.

"At the same time I need to be careful, that's for sure, but I feel ready to do more, which is a good thing."

Bamba, who was speaking at a Cardiff City Foundation event at Herbert Thompson Primary School in Ely, also vented his frustration at having to watch on from the sidelines.

It has meant captain Sean Morrison and new signing Aden Flint have been afforded the opportunity for their partnership to blossom, but many have called for Bamba to slot straight back into the side when he returns to full fitness.

It begs the question, then, has Neil Warnock entertained the thought of playing three at the back?

"Not at all," said Bamba, "it's competition for places. It's been like that my whole career. I don't think it makes any difference with Aden Flint being there, the year before it was Bruno Manga, Matt Connolly is still there, but I just have to do what I'm good at and the gaffer will make a decision.

"Whether he will change the formation for me to go back in, I'm not too sure, it depends how the gaffer feels.

"I just have to come back fit first of all and see what happens."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ CARDIFF CITY GET HUGE INJURY BOOST ‘

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Positive news :ayatollah:

Re: ‘ CARDIFF CITY GET HUGE INJURY BOOST ‘

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 pm

mistaflux75 wrote:Positive news :ayatollah:

Don't rush it though Sol otherwise you'll end up like Jazz