Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

last 10 days of the transfer window.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:21 pm

right guys, with the various names being mentioned on the board this weekend, and the fact that the transfer window has ten days to go , what and who (most importantly), do you think will come and go from the club over the next week.

Heres a few of my thoughts to set your thoughts going.

first, the simple one.

Loovens in Gerrard out (on loan)

now lets see, outgoings:-

Wildig out on loan to somebody on league 1, poss swindon/ brighton.
Rosco poss permanent sale rather than loan to championship team ( Leicester, Hull anyone?), or part of a swap deal with derby for hulse? ( Really depends, i suppose, if Chops injury will keep him sidelined for a goods couple of weeks- may go when loan window re opens in sept)
Rae out to scottish team- but maybe not over this coming week ( will proabaly play at peterborough)
Quinn out on loan to somebody again in league 1
Whitts Will go to forest this week in my opinion ( or billy davies will throw a wobbly again)
Taiwo Again will go to a lower league team, i guess.

Incoming;- A few thoughts on a couple of potential additions.

Hulse Would be tremendous signing, dont think we will bag him however without offering Rosco. again must be on strong wages at derby.
Kitson Dont think he would come - has said previously that "doesnt get on with cardiff fans as they call him "ginger"!
Roberts Would be good, proven time again at this level - think wages would be an issue though ( he s on £40k at blackburn).
Ishmael Miller ( wba) Similar mould of striker ( dont know if injured currently) now down pecking order with new boy signed last week.
David Tonge name keeps coming up but with mc phail due back , do we really need him now ?
Ward ( bolton teenage striker) Owen Coyle wants to loan him out- dont know a great deal about him!
Stead think that this has now gone cold personally.
Kelly young liverpool centre half - possible if loovens falls through.
Marlon King Will sign for Cov this week to team up with Aidy Boothryd again.

Antway just a few to think about, personally i think we will get one more midfielder and back up for jay as well as loovens deal.

any views?

Re: last 10 days of the transfer window.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Haven't stead got a medical with the wurzels this week ?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:31 pm

I think we are building a squad, and just because we sign players does not mean we should sell players to then have a small squad again!

Should all stay.
Whittingham
McCormack
Gerrard
Quinn

Loans out.
Wildig out on loan would be fantastic.
Taiwo /Permanent deal would be good.

Transfers out
Gavin Rae
Taiwo
Commingues

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 pm

i agree with you brilliant bluebirds09, hope we dont sell/ loan out too many that will adversely impact the squad numbers.
what i was trying to gauge is where do we think we will end up come 10 days time. hope that we dont sell whitts and rosco at all- though i guess whitts would need to sign up this coming week or city will sell rather than losing out totally a la ledley.

now that we look to have a decent squad forming think i would like to see be upto 3 more coming into the club, loovens being the first. hope we can add a further striker as a back up, and a midfielder just as further cover / options.

Forgot about Commingues, cannot see him getting much play time- still injured isnt he?

No doubt this week will once again see abit of activity.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Cannot see us getting rid of Taiwo. He failed a medical at Norwich so I doubt anyone will want him.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:35 pm

I think its hard for us to judge as we dont really know how much/if we are over our wage bill.

I think we will see Rossco leave either on loan or perm and see either Gypes leave or Gerrard loaned out.

I think we will bring in a CB and a Jay back up.

To be honest even if we dont bring anyone in and lose a few, its hard to be not happy with this squad.