Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ciaron Brown spring in step after international debut?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Ciaron Brown spring in step after international debut?

Neil Warnock:

“Absolutely, fantastic story. Because of the internationals and headlines, he received very little fanfare. But for a lad to come from Wealdstone, have his contract renewed when I took him to America, I knew he had improved.

“After the first 30 minutes for Northern Ireland he was himself. The first 30 minutes he was a wreck because he was so nervous, not wanting to do anything wrong. And because of that he made a few mistakes.

“But the longer the game went on, he really did well and the manager is really pleased with him.

“And Gavin Whyte. Gavin has only just come from Oxford and he is one of their main players now. He got a bit of a knock in the first game, so he didn’t start against Germany, but they had to bring him on to try and get a result, but hopefully he’ll recover.”

Re: Ciaron Brown spring in step after international debut?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Always good to have the experience, hopefully they can both kick on,and give neil a selection headache (not injury ones) :old: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:37 am

Never heard of him tbh. He's been with us for over 18 months, if he's any good get him in the team.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Makes you wonder why we signed Flint and Nelson if this kid is the next thing to come through :?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Makes you wonder why we signed Flint and Nelson if this kid is the next thing to come through :?

I don’t think Warnock likes/trusts youngsters.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 am

its laughable when you think he's had more international starts than league starts for his club.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:15 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Makes you wonder why we signed Flint and Nelson if this kid is the next thing to come through :?

I don’t think Warnock likes/trusts youngsters.

Don't think he likes/trusts anyone under the age of 23 tbh.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:34 pm

I'm surprised how much faith he has shown in Whyte actually.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm

bluebird04 wrote:its laughable when you think he's had more international starts than league starts for his club.

Until you see the numbers and what country he plays for.

He’s started one game for Northern Ireland