Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' JAZZ RICHARDS '

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Can't argue with any of the posts querying his constant injuries and how fragile he is,............ But the irony is a fit Jazz Richards improves our side at present. I think Peltier is well past his best and I'd like to see Warnock give Coxe a run of games if Richards remains injured.

I fully agree. I have no problem with posters who are question JR's financial worth to CCFC but I really rate him as a right back and if he had kept his fitness he would have improved the starting XI no end.

I also agree Tony.
He knows he’s a very decent player when fit and to suggest he throws a ‘sickie’ is completely laughable.
Some players are like that unfortunately for them. Just look at Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshere for example.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 pm

BC-CB wrote:The latest in a catalogue of poor decisions by CCFC.

Agreed, and it isn't really Jazz's fault. What I don't get, is why isn't tan making statements about how people in the club have made decisions that has wasted his money as he has in the past?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Time to get shot cos he’s never fot .
A good player at this level but doesn’t play enough to justify his wages.
Not his fault he gets injured but the club comes first and he’s been given lots of chances to get match fit and something always seems to happen.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Can't argue with any of the posts querying his constant injuries and how fragile he is,............ But the irony is a fit Jazz Richards improves our side at present. I think Peltier is well past his best and I'd like to see Warnock give Coxe a run of games if Richards remains injured.

I fully agree. I have no problem with posters who are question JR's financial worth to CCFC but I really rate him as a right back and if he had kept his fitness he would have improved the starting XI no end.

He could be Messi or Ronaldo but it’s no benefit to the club if the player gets injured lacing up his boots. Jazz would clearly improve the starting 11 but I can’t see him staying fit long enough to play more than a few games a season. How many games have Jazz, Connelly and ward played in the last 2 seasons? They might be decent professionals but they offer very little to the club. I’d prefer their wages go towards one player that we desperately need in the starting 11, a CM or RB.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 am

Makes you think if there’s something dodgy going on? Who in their right mind would offer him a new deal??? It’s some kind of charity case.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 am

North Wales Blue wrote:Makes you think if there’s something dodgy going on? Who in their right mind would offer him a new deal??? It’s some kind of charity case.

This is just my take on the matter and I have no evidence to back it up, but it is possible that NW/Club realised that we needed a right-back. Unfortunately there were also priorities else where in the squad and a limited budget so maybe they took a punt on JR staying fit this season which would have equated to a new right back?

Of course as the saying goes, "best place plans etc....."

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 am

Escott1927 wrote:

He could be Messi or Ronaldo but it’s no benefit to the club if the player gets injured lacing up his boots. Jazz would clearly improve the starting 11 but I can’t see him staying fit long enough to play more than a few games a season. How many games have Jazz, Connelly and ward played in the last 2 seasons? They might be decent professionals but they offer very little to the club. I’d prefer their wages go towards one player that we desperately need in the starting 11, a CM or RB.

As I said in my post I have no problem with posters who question JR's financial worth to CCFC. I was just passing comment on a hypothetical situation where a fit JR would have been an asset to the first team and squad.