Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' JAZZ RICHARDS '

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Jazz Richards is out once again injured.

In over 3 years including being a sub in all competions Jazz Richards has made 30 odd appearances for the Bluebirds.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Jazz Richards has picked up another knock. He is so unlucky – just a challenge with Aden Flint. He has a swollen ankle. It’s been a bit like Casualty.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' JAZZ RICHARDS '

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Reply from FB

Dill Thomas: Sorry for someone who is injury prone, but he's been a total waste of time for us. Why he was given a new contract is beyond me.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Jazz's playing record since City signed him...

2019-2020
Nothing

2018-2019 - 6 Games
EFL CUP
Cardiff 1 - 3 Norwich

PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea 4 - 1 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 5 Man City
Cardiff 4 - 2 Fulham
Man Utd 0 - 2 Cardiff

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
Wales 1 - 4 Spain

2017-2018 - 12 Games
EFL CUP
Cardiff 2 - 1 Portsmouth
Cardiff 1 - 2 Burton

CHAMPIONSHIP
Cardiff 3 - 0 Aston Villa
Cardiff 2 - 0 Sheff Utd
Wolves 1 - 2 Cardiff
Sunderland 1 - 2 Cardiff
Cardiff 4 - 0 Sunderland
Sheff Wed 0 - 0 Cardiff

FA CUP
Cardiff 0 - 0 Mansfield
Mansfield 1 - 4 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 2 Man City

WORLD CUP
Wales 1 - 0 Austria

2016-2017 - 30 Games
CHAMPIONSHIP
Birmingham 0 - 0 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 2 QPR
Fulham 2 - 2 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 1 Reading
Norwich 3 - 2 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 2 Leeds
Rotherham 1 - 2 Cardiff
Cardiff 0 - 2 Derby
Brighton 1 - 0 Cardiff
Reading 2 - 1 Cardiff
Cardiff 2 - 0 Preston
Cardiff 0 - 1 Norwich
Leeds 0 - 2 Cardiff
Derby 3 - 4 Cardiff
Cardiff 5 - 0 Rotherham
Cardiff 2 - 2 Fulham
QPR 2 - 1 Cardiff
Blackburn 1 - 1 Cardiff
Cardiff 1 - 1 Birmingham
Cardiff 3 - 1 Ipswich
Wolves 3 - 1 Cardiff
Cardiff 2 - 1 Brentford
Sheff Wed 1 - 0 Cardiff
Cardiff 1 - 0 Nottm Forest
Cardiff 0 - 2 Newcastle
Huddersfield 0 - 3 Cardiff

EFL CUP
Bristol R 1 - 0 Cardiff

FA CUP
Cardiff 1 - 2 Fulham

WORLD CUP

Ireland 0 - 0 Wales
Serbia 1 - 1 Wales
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Personally, I think the whole situation regarding JR has well & truly passed the joke stage now, & serious questions need to be asked, as well as certain peoples judgment be brought into question regarding the fact that he's still at our club!

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:12 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Personally, I think the whole situation regarding JR has well & truly passed the joke stage now, & serious questions need to be asked, as well as certain peoples judgment be brought into question regarding the fact that he's still at our club!

Totally agree with you Rick.

Personally I believe they should of just done a deal and paid him off.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Personally, I think the whole situation regarding JR has well & truly passed the joke stage now, & serious questions need to be asked, as well as certain peoples judgment be brought into question regarding the fact that he's still at our club!

Have to agree with both of you there. We can't just keep him on the books anymore, as it looks like he'll never have decent run of fitness /games to warrant a contract

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:36 pm

mistaflux75 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agree with both

Have to agree with both of you there. We can't just keep him on the books anymore, as it looks like he'll never have decent run of fitness /games to warrant a contract

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

The latest in a catalogue of poor decisions by CCFC.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 pm

What is the point in keeping him ?
What was the point in ever keeping hold of him?
When does his new extended contract run out ?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm

This is just my opinion but I don’t believe that someone can possibly get this amount of injury's and be out for this length of time. I think he’s just constantly “pulling a sicky” and if this was anyone else in any other industry they would be sacked.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I read they either have him an extra year or a new 1 year deal so they didn't even need to pay him off. It's madness.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

rhyswales wrote:This is just my opinion but I don’t believe that someone can possibly get this amount of injury's and be out for this length of time. I think he’s just constantly “pulling a sicky” and if this was anyone else in any other industry they would be sacked.

Have to say, this is complete and utter bollocks.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rhyswales wrote:This is just my opinion but I don’t believe that someone can possibly get this amount of injury's and be out for this length of time. I think he’s just constantly “pulling a sicky” and if this was anyone else in any other industry they would be sacked.

A quick look at his (limited in every way) posting history speaks volumes! ;)

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Sven wrote:

Like I said it’s my opinion and I don’t post much due to you two talking utter rubbish on a daily basis.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 pm

rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

Like I said it’s my opinion and I don’t post much due to you two talking utter rubbish on a daily basis.

How do you propose he’s faked a visibly swollen ankle this time then?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:46 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

Show me pictures of it then....?

I’m just saying in my opinion it’s very suspect that a player can have the shear amount of consecutive injury’s that this guy has.

Not including this latest injury in under two years he has missed 229 days due to injury’s...

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm

rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

I’m just saying in my opinion it’s very suspect that a player can have the shear amount of consecutive injury’s that this guy has.

Not including this latest injury in under two years he has missed 229 days due to injury’s...

I’m sure the physios and medical staff have seen his ankle which has caused him to be ruled out. Suggesting that the entire club is facilitating him pulling sickies at the cost of the club is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on here

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 pm

rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

I’m sure the physios and medical staff have seen his ankle which has caused him to be ruled out. Suggesting that the entire club is facilitating him pulling sickies at the cost of the club is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on here

Okay, so according to you no professional player has ever faked an injury. Well on that theory nobody has ever faked a whiplash injury, or lied to work to get some time off...

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Jazz needs to go asap and I hope he takes Danny Ward and Connolly with him. Alot of money in wasted wages with nothing in return

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Can't argue with any of the posts querying his constant injuries and how fragile he is,............ But the irony is a fit Jazz Richards improves our side at present. I think Peltier is well past his best and I'd like to see Warnock give Coxe a run of games if Richards remains injured.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Just pay him off so he can f**k off

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 pm

rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

Okay, so according to you no professional player has ever faked an injury. Well on that theory nobody has ever faked a whiplash injury, or lied to work to get some time off...

But he didn't say anything about any other"professional players ",if you believe he is constantly fooling the physios and medical staff,you are stretching it to say the least :roll: he should take up acting as a profession if true :lol: :old: :bluebird: ,as another poster aluded to,a fit jazz Richards, would be more than welcome,as he would definitely improve on what we have at present. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 am

bluesince62 wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

But he didn't say anything about any other"professional players ",if you believe he is constantly fooling the physios and medical staff,you are stretching it to say the least :roll: he should take up acting as a profession if true :lol: :old: :bluebird: ,as another poster aluded to,a fit jazz Richards, would be more than welcome,as he would definitely improve on what we have at present. :old: :bluebird:

Look at this thread, indeed look at any thread connected with this player for the last few seasons, they all have the same theme of fans questioning why the club gave him a new contract, and why we haven't got rid of him. Why do you think there's so much anger and frustration directed towards Jazz Richards, is it because people think that he's such a genuine player who has just had a massively disproportionate amount of bad luck on the injury front?
Yes, I get that you can't fake a swollen ankle, but how about a calf pull, a thigh strain, a trapped nerve or a tweaked back - are you saying the physios can categorically know for sure if a player is being genuine or pulling a fast one with these kinds of "injuries"?

What does an injured player like Jazz Richards do each morning/afternoon (bearing in mind the kind of injuries he so often picks up are the kind that the physios could only recommend rest for)? I doubt very much he gets in his car and drives to the training ground each morning, come rain or shine, just to stand on the touchline in a tracksuit. So given that, how does a player like him ever become a part of the club? Warnock builds his squads not on individual brilliance (we can all agree on that) but on a squad ethic... "We are all in this together!" Where and how does Jazz Richards buy into that ethos?
We have an abundance of "limited" players within our squad, and if I take Lee Peltier as an example, at least he can look himself in the mirror.
No matter what a person's line of work is, whether they be a professional football player or a forklift driver, there's always those (and we ALL know someone like this from our own experiences) who'll shirk and pull a sickie - it's just in their make up.
I know different players can have different reactions to knocks and bumps, just take Peter Whittingham as an example - the club's physios would probably say.. "Peter who"? But Jazz Richards makes Darren Anderton seem like a committed player in comparison.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
rhyswales wrote:
Sven wrote:

Look at this thread, indeed look at any thread connected with this player for the last few seasons, they all have the same theme of fans questioning why the club gave him a new contract, and why we haven't got rid of him. Why do you think there's so much anger and frustration directed towards Jazz Richards, is it because people think that he's such a genuine player who has just had a massively disproportionate amount of bad luck on the injury front?
Yes, I get that you can't fake a swollen ankle, but how about a calf pull, a thigh strain, a trapped nerve or a tweaked back - are you saying the physios can categorically know for sure if a player is being genuine or pulling a fast one with these kinds of "injuries"?

What does an injured player like Jazz Richards do each morning/afternoon (bearing in mind the kind of injuries he so often picks up are the kind that the physios could only recommend rest for)? I doubt very much he gets in his car and drives to the training ground each morning, come rain or shine, just to stand on the touchline in a tracksuit. So given that, how does a player like him ever become a part of the club? Warnock builds his squads not on individual brilliance (we can all agree on that) but on a squad ethic... "We are all in this together!" Where and how does Jazz Richards buy into that ethos?
We have an abundance of "limited" players within our squad, and if I take Lee Peltier as an example, at least he can look himself in the mirror.
No matter what a person's line of work is, whether they be a professional football player or a forklift driver, there's always those (and we ALL know someone like this from our own experiences) who'll shirk and pull a sickie - it's just in their make up.
I know different players can have different reactions to knocks and bumps, just take Peter Whittingham as an example - the club's physios would probably say.. "Peter who"? But Jazz Richards makes Darren Anderton seem like a committed player in comparison.

Bit of difference between a lorry driver turning up to work with a headache and a footballer playing injured.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 am

@BluebirdWhitchurch

Jesus Christ!
Did you take my example literally? Well done..

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 am

@BluebirdWhitchurch

You missed my point entirely. It doesn't matter what people's line of work might be there's always those who just don't want to be there. In one job I had, if you were off sick you'd get 90% of your normal pay... needless to say, we started getting an uncanny amount of absenteeism when it was first introduced.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

Alan_in_China wrote:@BluebirdWhitchurch

You missed my point entirely. It doesn't matter what people's line of work might be there's always those who just don't want to be there. In one job I had, if you were off sick you'd get 90% of your normal pay... needless to say, we started getting an uncanny amount of absenteeism when it was first introduced.

Well he’s not receiving his appearance fees if they’re part of his contract

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 am

Alan_in_China wrote:@BluebirdWhitchurch

Well he’s not receiving his appearance fees if they’re part of his contract

That must be crippling him, I don't know how he manages.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 am

Bet he's shite hot on Xbox :D

Seriously though, sorry that he keeps getting injured but surely he must have thought to himself, ' one day I'm going to have a really bad one ' needs to call it a day and maybe get into coaching or physio ( he must know how that works by now )

We don't know the contract details but there must have been something there to give a year extension.
Same with Matt, who I think is a very good professional, time to go even if the club did block it last season.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am

Valley Lad wrote:Can't argue with any of the posts querying his constant injuries and how fragile he is,............ But the irony is a fit Jazz Richards improves our side at present. I think Peltier is well past his best and I'd like to see Warnock give Coxe a run of games if Richards remains injured.

I fully agree. I have no problem with posters who are question JR's financial worth to CCFC but I really rate him as a right back and if he had kept his fitness he would have improved the starting XI no end.