Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SEASON?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

?

MY VIEW: ITS A BIG NO FROM ME & NO EXPERIENCE & UNDER 23’S FOR YEARS NOW HAVE BEEN AWFUL.

Neil Warnock has been training Sol Bamba to be Cardiff’s next Manager.

The Bluebirds defender has been helping out with the Under-23s this season and could be one of the men Cardiff look at post-Warnock

Sol Bamba could be in the pool of potential candidates to replace Neil Warnock when he steps down next summer, WalesOnline has learned.

Thursday 12th September 2019

By Tom Coleman

Media Wales

Bamba last week passed his UEFA B coaching licence and is set to sit an 18-day course in May which will gain him the A badge, the grade needed in order to manage professionally.

The big defender has been sidelined since March following a nasty knee injury. But while out of action he has been involved with coaching the Bluebirds Under-23s after Warnock encouraged him to gain some experience.

The Cardiff boss is understood to be a great admirer of Bamba's leadership qualities and has singled him out as one of the current players, alongside Marlon Pack, who could go on to have successful careers in management.

As well as being admired by Warnock and loved by the fans, Bamba is also held in huge esteem within the Cardiff Boardroom and is a greatly respected figure throughout the football club.

We have been told that Bamba, who has also worked as a TV pundit, is keen to pursue a career in management when he hangs up his boots.

As yet no formal discussions have taken place for a succession plan after Warnock departs next summer, the veteran boss having stated this will definitely be his final season in management.

But Bamba has made it clear he would like to be considered for a role of some sort in the dugout and informal talks have taken place to discuss the player's future.

This, of course, hinges on Bamba's playing career and whether he decides to continue next season – or if the player or club would countenance the idea of a player-coach.

The Ivorian turns 35 in January but there have been no suggestion as yet that he will retire after the season's end.

Bamba has enjoyed helping Andy Legg with the youth team and as such has set his sights on turning to coaching in the near future.

He has even taken a more hands-on approach in senior training. This week he called a halt to a session to read the riot act to some of his team-mates after he felt the standard wasn't good enough in a training game.

Bamba lacks managerial experience, of course, but has certainly endeared himself to the Cardiff City supporter base since his arrival from Leeds United in 2016.

Warnock leaves next season and Bamba, it seems, is emerging as the internal candidate on what would be a long list of potential successors for Cardiff's directors to wade through.

The Bluebirds hierarchy will also, of course, look at other more experienced managers who are bound to be attracted to a job of such magnitude.

Another stumbling block would be if City are promoted to the Premier League, with any manager needing a UEFA Pro licence, the top grade and the one above the A licence, to manage in the top tier of English football.

Cardiff say they will discuss Warnock's future when they feel the time is right and will listen to any recommendations he puts forward for his successor in the Bluebirds hot-seat.

However, Cardiff's hierarchy have also made it clear that ultimately the call will be theirs, not Warnock's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CITY FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SEASO

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Terrible, I hate it when ex players get high ranking jobs without any experience, I doubt it will happen anyway, someone will see sense!

CITY FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SEASO

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:32 pm

totally misleading headline
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CITY FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SE

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 pm

ha ha true I replied before reading it, he's doing a bit of training and would love to be a Manager one day.

Re: CITY FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SEASO

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:58 pm

no doubt somone will claim to be ITK and its all done

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 pm

we all know what will happen, kevin blackwell (his assistant) will say, neil i want the job full time, with ronnie as my assistant, and neil will say to the board, give it to him, he knows the club and the players

Re: FANS FAVOURITE TO BE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER NEXT SEASON?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Management overhaul when Warnock goes for me.

I don't believe in players and ex players getting a free ride.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Been saying this for months

Bamba is set up to take over from Warnock, he will be a bit part player this season and take the reigns next season possibly with Warnock as director of football

That could work , Bamba comes across very well on tv and has a very good knowledge of the Wnglish leagues

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Utter bollocks

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Why not then can any body suggest better who would come here and please dont say bellamy ffs

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:43 pm

No from me. Employ him as a coach for sure but not manager

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Seems a long time when it was Bellers who was in the frame .

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 pm

thomasblue wrote:Been saying this for months

Bamba is set up to take over from Warnock, he will be a bit part player this season and take the reigns next season possibly with Warnock as director of football

That could work , Bamba comes across very well on tv and has a very good knowledge of the Wnglish leagues

I agree,could work.Bamba is a great leader,with neil adding his undoubted knowledge who knows? :old: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 am

bluebird04 wrote:we all know what will happen, kevin blackwell (his assistant) will say, neil i want the job full time, with ronnie as my assistant, and neil will say to the board, give it to him, he knows the club and the players

Sadly, I think you're very close to the money on this. :(

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:51 am

thomasblue wrote:Been saying this for months

Pleaseeeeeee, no!

Warnock would be too overbearing, his being at the club in any capacity would just muddy the waters for the new manager. We need a new broom to freshen up the club.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:53 am

Its not the time for experiments if we where division 2 ok take a chance, but we are trying to get back to the prem.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 am

Dont know anyone on this board but most of the supporters I have spoken too at games all want this to happen
as Bamba is a good leader well respected in the game with his interviews regarding equality and Raciest chants at football
so I am surprised the negativity shouldnt be really with what I have read before.

But we are not going to get a top manager on big wages end of I would rather have someone like Bamba who loves the club
wants to stay at the club unlike some one else who comes for the money.

Tan also knows Bamba and will trust him more than a new manager he doesnt know

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:40 am

Bloody hell, is it April?

Loved by the fans!!! Aye right like to see that continue after a few losses ;)

Agree with earlier post and said months ago Blackwell it is :thumbup:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 am

I get all the arguments against appointing Sol Bamba as our next manager but there is apart of me which would like to see it happen. Let's be fair Sol wouldn't take any messing from disgruntled players and just imagine the after match debrief after a 3-0 loss at Reading? :lol:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:19 am

montyblue wrote:Its not the time for experiments if we where division 2 ok take a chance, but we are trying to get back to the prem.

Exactly this.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 am

JOCK

Cheers i love bamba as a leader on the pitch and would love him as a manager if he was experienced but the fact is, his is not
We took a chance on a rookie when malky left.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:48 am

montyblue wrote:JOCK

Cheers i love bamba as a leader on the pitch and would love him as a manager if he was experienced but the fact is, his is not

All for promoting from within but it’s all about timing, as you say now is not the time to take a punt.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:29 am

Osian Roberts for me. Very intelligent guy with first class knowledge of the game.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 am

A genuine bit of advice from a club that's been there, one word, MONK.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Jackflash wrote:

A genuine bit of advice from a club that's been there, one word, MONK.

Ally McCoist, fans favorite but an absolute disaster as manager at Rangers

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Like good players you have to pay for the good managers chris Houghton time served david moyes people with experience of the prem and championship,
People like bamba bellamy love the city,
but are not experienced imo to take us from the championship to prem .

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm

montyblue wrote:Like good players you have to pay for the good managers chris Houghton time served david moyes people with experience of the prem and championship,
People like bamba bellamy love the city,
but are not experienced imo to take us from the championship to prem .

Gerrard had no experience at Rangers and is doing very well

Lampard had no experience at Derby and is now Chelsea manager

Solskjaer had no real experience when here and is now Man utd manager

It seems a 50/50 gamble when taking on a young manager

Cant really remember too many who absolutely bombed in the first job

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Being a Manager is not that hard you just have to have it in you're locker, the problem is most people don't have it and therefore will never be a manager, that's just a fact of life as they can't adapt to the everyday needs and wants of different individuals and personalities whether it be Football or day to day life.

Roy Keane has never made it as a top manager as he is to hard line, Ole will never achieve anthing of extreme signficance as he is to soft,

You need to have a balance between having the personality of being a good Manager and then also knowing your'e industry, in this case Football, its an extreme science and something Neil Warnock has been pretty good at to a certain level, at an even bigger level Sir Alex, I always doubted him previously and though the had been lucky but Pep Guardiola is another one who fits the category.

Whether or not Sol has got it we will never know untill he's given the chance, I would give it to him though, he seems like he has the passion and personality for it