Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Evacuation at Derby '

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Ground evacuation.... Fair play its always summit against these bastards.....

Updated:

It was a smoke flare yes needed to be safe but they actually caused more problems with their differing as to avacuate let fans in ect total confusion ! It was under control they knew what it was but like all grounds I've been to in past 2 seasons the problem is crap grounds for away fans if they had space like at ccs stewards can see whars happening and can react accordingly not be inside death traps! Anyway it was a onsite observation as it happened, and evacuation is always safest option will agree on that ... :thumbup:

Re: Evacuation

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Any idea what it's about?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Just said flares in the away end apperntly fire alarms went off or some shit

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Wonder if Warnock made the phone call. Doh :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Barrettlegend wrote:Just said flares in the away end apperntly fire alarms went off or some shit

Yes over reaction to fire alarm all ok now :thumbup:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Flares ffs, what a bunch of clowns

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Barrettlegend wrote:Ground evacuation.... Fair play its always summit against these bastards.....

Yeah buts it’s us not them.

:roll:

Re: Evacuation at Derby

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Fire alarms - over reaction - forgotten about Bradford have we?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Bluedriver wrote:Fire alarms - over reaction - forgotten about Bradford have we?

Was in concourse area solid stone the danger of course was to fans not stadium :o

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Bluedriver wrote:Fire alarms - over reaction - forgotten about Bradford have we?

Exactly

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 am

Its 2019, who wears flares these days :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Barrettlegend wrote:Just said flares in the away end apperntly fire alarms went off or some shit

Over reaction...???? :o :shock:

#BradfordCityFire1985 (deaths = 56)

Better safe than sorry EVERY time! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:19 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It was a smoke flare yes needed to be safe but they actually caused more problems with their differing as to avacuate let fans in ect total confusion ! It was under control they knew what it was but like all grounds I've been to in past 2 seasons the problem is crap grounds for away fans if they had space like at ccs stewards can see whars happening and can react accordingly not be inside death traps! Anyway it was a onsite observation as it happened, and evacuation is always safest option will agree on that ... :thumbup:
Bradford was inside a wooden stand no comparison to a concrete room like yesterday :o

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Bradford was inside a wooden stand no comparison to a concrete room like yesterday :o

Totally agree with you about the space underneath the stands. I wasn't there at the evacuation but said to my son as we were coming out how cramped every ground most seem to be underneath compared to ours, even the ones with similar bowl designs such as Derby.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:51 am

JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Totally agree with you about the space underneath the stands. I wasn't there at the evacuation but said to my son as we were coming out how cramped every ground most seem to be underneath compared to ours, even the ones with similar bowl designs such as Derby.

And most do not have TVs in concourse areas derbys there was one 10ft above ground with one small concession stand overall standards of grounds for away fans are poor and dangerous to say least..

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And most do not have TVs in concourse areas derbys there was one 10ft above ground with one small concession stand overall standards of grounds for away fans are poor and dangerous to say least..

And therein lies my point...dangerous conditions for potential disaster; wooden stands or not!

Can you imagine the chaos if a real emergency occurred? :? The clamour to get out would have been real rather than staged with all that entails. The resulting panic and confusion would create bottle-necks and almost certainly crushes as people suffer slips, trips and falls and are left under the exiting throng

What seems to have been an issue was initial inaction/dithering from the Stewards, who may not have come across the situation before and we all have to consider the "what if...?" scenario from lessons learned from previous stadium and venue incidents

Duty of care; or common sense? Either way, evacuation (with some specific exceptions) should be the wiser option!

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:16 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And therein lies my point...dangerous conditions for potential disaster; wooden stands or not!

Can you imagine the chaos if a real emergency occurred? :? The clamour to get out would have been real rather than staged with all that entails. The resulting panic and confusion would create bottle-necks and almost certainly crushes as people suffer slips, trips and falls and are left under the exiting throng

What seems to have been an issue was initial inaction/dithering from the Stewards, who may not have come across the situation before and we all have to consider the "what if...?" scenario from lessons learned from previous stadium and venue incidents

Duty of care; or common sense? Either way, evacuation (with some specific exceptions) should be the wiser option!

Sent pm :thumbup:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes, mate. All good and thank you! :thumbup:

You should still be in bed after that trip! :shock: :laughing6:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am

Can honestly say I haven't been to any club ground which has better concourse area and facilities for fans than ours. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes, mate. All good and thank you! :thumbup:

You should still be in bed after that trip! :shock: :laughing6:

Up at 9.30 so at least can chill out watch and listen to footy all day .. if Fulham don't send me to sleep again? :laughing6:

Re: ' Evacuation at Derby '

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Why try to bring a flare into the ground nowadays?

No doubt any costs incurred in the evacuation will be billed to our club.

We continue to have some brain dead knuckle dragging wankers who follow our club, especially at away games.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:37 pm

davids wrote:Why try to bring a flare into the ground nowadays?

We continue to have some brain dead knuckle dragging wankers who follow our club, especially at away games.

Totally stupid its also ann offence worth a couple of years banning order whst is the point? :roll:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Why? Oh, don't know. A little word I think's important in sports called atmosphere.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:20 pm

ffs wrote:

Why? Oh, don't know. A little word I think's important in sports called atmosphere.

Are you being serious?

You reckon that to create "atmosphere" it's a good idea to smuggle an explosive device into an area where it can possibly injure, maim and even kill somebody?

Thanks for proving exactly the point I was making in the last sentence of my post.

FFS indeed.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:52 pm

davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

You reckon that to create "atmosphere" it's a good idea to smuggle an explosive device into an area where it can possibly injure, maim and even kill somebody?

Thanks for proving exactly the point I was making in the last sentence of my post.

FFS indeed.

Thought it was the fans made atmosphere not letting off smoke flares ? Ffs is appropriate name... :thumbup:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

FFS indeed.

Thought it was the fans made atmosphere not letting off smoke flares ? Ffs is appropriate name... :thumbup:

Check it's post out; the name is hugely appropriate (in an ironic way) ;) :lol:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

FFS indeed.

Check it's post out; the name is hugely appropriate (in an ironic way) ;) :lol:

Chris although I was there at time of evacuation didn't see or smell smoke? I now understand flares were found but not alight which ties in with my observations.... Sure be corrected though.. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:43 pm

davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

FFS indeed.

Spot on!

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:17 am

mugsy wrote:
davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

FFS indeed.

Spot on!

Perhaps 'ffs' thinks the Millennium Stadium incident was somehow creating this so-called 'atmosphere'? :?

Be interesting to read his response but he/she tends to drop the odd daft comment in and then disappear ;)

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Sven wrote:
mugsy wrote:
davids wrote:
ffs wrote:

Are you being serious?

FFS indeed.

Spot on!

Perhaps 'ffs' thinks the Millennium Stadium incident was somehow creating this so-called 'atmosphere'? :?

Be interesting to read his response but he/she tends to drop the odd daft comment in and then disappear ;)

Quite a few of them on here mate!