Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: DERBY CREATED ALL THE BETTER CHANCES/ BUT

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 pm

MY VIEW / :bluebird: OPINION

DERBY CREATED THE BETTER CHANCES BUT OVER ALL CARDIFF PLAYED A GOOD GAME WITHOUT BEING CLINICAL UPFRONT.

An away point is for me a good point tonight.

Derby had 64% possession / Cardiff had 36% possession

For me over all Derby were the better team, created far better chances than Cardiff.

City played well but as usual in front of goal we were lacking that final instinct/finishing.

First half: Cardiff deserved their equaliser and deserved to go in at 1-1 :bluebird:

Second half: for the first 15mins Derby were all over Cardiff and tore the Cardiff defence and should of scored at least two goals
Including hitting the cross bar.

DERBY COUNTY 1 CARDIFF CITY 1
H/T 1-1
Crowd 25,873
Away Support 1,450 Cardiff Fans :bluescarf:

CITY: Alex Smithies Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Aden Flint Joe Bennett Joe Ralls
Leandro Bacuna Callum Paterson Gavin Whyte Josh Murphy Robert Glatzel

Subs: Joe Day Curtis Nelson Will Vaulks Junior Hoilett
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Isaac Vassell Omar Bogle

Cardiff City played some excellent football in the first-half after giving away an easy goal within 5mins, but from then on played some great football, but the final 3rd/ ball let them down big-time once again.

Glatzel's got first goal in the 29th min penalty :bluebird:

Second half: for the first 15mins Derby were all over Cardiff and tore the Cardiff defence and should of scored at least two goals
Including hitting the cross bar.

68th min Junior Hoilett came on for Murphy, Mendez-Laing came on for Whyte.

88th min Bogle came on for Glatzel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: DERBY CREATED ALL THE BETTER CHANCES/ BUT

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Fair Result - for me .

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm

We will be the happier of the two sides after that.

Pleased with the way we defended mostly.

But there is no creativity. People comment on Glatzel not scoring but he's getting very little service.

On the whole, a good point to take.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Cardiff are now four games unbeaten :bluebird:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff are now four games unbeaten :bluebird:

And looked slightly better defending, Murphy actually spent time defending tonight and had a pop at Bennet for being lazy :clap:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff are now four games unbeaten :bluebird:

It's a small step annis not losing is important at moment with certain players out! We just lack that final ball or luck in front goal , but overall happy with point just keep it going see where we are end Oct.? To early to write off season :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Fabulous away support again from our fans.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm

We are missing a spark at the moment , a player who will take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Apart from a spell just before half time , thought we laboured through to a draw in the end.
Bacuna played really well , Patterson is really struggling at the moment and contributed very little.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Thought we were worse for having Patterson in for Tomlin. Patterson seemed to spend most of the time falling over,can't fault him for effort but Tomlin is far better in the position. I have always thought our first six games have shown where we will finish this season,middle of the table and this performance reinforced that.

If anyone thinks the return of Pack and Sol will make much difference they are deluding themselves,where are the goals coming from.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 pm

fred keenor wrote:We are missing a spark at the moment , a player who will take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Apart from a spell just before half time , thought we laboured through to a draw in the end.
Bacuna played really well , Patterson is really struggling at the moment and contributed very little.

Hes been like it for awhile no idea why NW plays him he doesnt win headers and certainly does nothing on ball so why play him?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Fair result, either team could have nicked it.

Good away point.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
fred keenor wrote:We are missing a spark at the moment , a player who will take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Hes been like it for awhile no idea why NW plays him he doesnt win headers and certainly does nothing on ball so why play him?

Totally agree - he should have come off and Junior should have moved into that position, keeping Murphy out wide for a bit longer.

I just don’t understand what Warnock is trying to to achieve - you need someone in that position who can unlock a defence either by through balls or spreading the ball wide quickly. The very least you need is someone who can hold the ball to bring others into play - Patterson can’t or isn’t doing any of that. It’s not his fault, it’s just not a role he’s cut out to play.

Our wingers and strikers look forlorn figures because of it.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Paterson looks awful atm, just falling over and offering nothing at all offensively. Don't wanna see him play in the 10 position for a while. Glatzel still looks anxious in front of goal to me and every time the ball lands to him in the box he looks like he's panicking. Im still not convinced by him like some are, and wonder if he's worth 5.5m which we'll only find out in time. Neither team deserved to win that game and passing by both teams were awful.

Both ourselves and Derby look like 2 teams that will be finishing midtable- top half but who knows, if we can get Etheridge, Bamba, Pack, and Tomlin back we might be a bit more solid at the back and offer more creativity going forward but im not seeing anything in our performances like 2 years ago to suggest we're going to push for a play off place.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Thought we were worse for having Patterson in for Tomlin. Patterson seemed to spend most of the time falling over,can't fault him for effort but Tomlin is far better in the position. I have always thought our first six games have shown where we will finish this season,middle of the table and this performance reinforced that.

If anyone thinks the return of Pack and Sol will make much difference they are deluding themselves,where are the goals coming from.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Really don’t get Bacuna being picked ....we lack any real creative players and Glaztiel must be wondering what gooddservice is at Cardiff as he is given a load of crap balls to play off.
Felt it was agame we would win but Derby looks a lot more threatening towards the end.
Functional football that will not get anywhere near top 2 ....sadly

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Crayfish wrote:Thought we were worse for having Patterson in for Tomlin. Patterson seemed to spend most of the time falling over,can't fault him for effort but Tomlin is far better in the position. I have always thought our first six games have shown where we will finish this season,middle of the table and this performance reinforced that.

Not sure about Sol but the return of Pack will mean that Tomlin and the other midfielders will have more license to create and attack.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 am

One point better than none , no creativity missed Tomlin big time imo get well soon.
Murphy to me is playing like he,s waiting for January how many times does he give up on chasing a ball before it goes out instead of stopping it and turning to take on defenders , he either lets it go out or does a Morrison and gives the keeper a 50 yrd back pass rather than go forward.
Patto needs a few weeks hard training and Mozzas throws are a waste of time get the bloody ball on the ground and cross it, rant over good point thought we should of won it well done lads. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:20 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Fair Result - for me .

Same here top cat I thought the same we had a few moments where we could have got a second goal but overall happy with the point

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:23 am

Why didn’t Tomlin play tonight not even on the bench he was the quality we where lacking

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 am

cardiff 74 wrote:Why didn’t Tomlin play tonight not even on the bench he was the quality we where lacking

Car crash in the week. Whiplash

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 am

Have to agree about the comments regarding Patterson. I think he's living off the reputation from when he poached a few goals in the Prem.
If Tomlin isn't fit, then why not use Murphy just behind Glatzel? This could allow a front four of Glatzel /Murphy with Hoilett/NML & Whyte picking up the wide roles. Murph is our most exciting attacking option and this would release him from the shackles of defensive duties. We are not creating because we aren't committing enough players.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:31 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:Why didn’t Tomlin play tonight not even on the bench he was the quality we where lacking

Serious

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 am

We lost this 3-1 last time out, so I’ll time the point this time

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:27 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Serious

No it wasn’t serious he’ll be available easily by the next game.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Crowd 25,873

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

:bluebird: