Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Callum Patterson '

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:52 pm

I love the guy, and it takes a lot for me to slag our players off, but since his return, especially tonight i thought he was useless

Re: Patterson

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Agreed

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Dreadful. Don't know whats happened to him, the last 2 years he was excellent but this season he's killing any creativity or offence that we have. Didn't understand why we kept him on, he should have came off early in the second half imo and not play the whole 90 when he offered nothing all game. Hope Tomlin is fit for Boro.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Went to the Luton game and commented on here that it looked like he'd been on the Lee Tomlin diet.

Not the same player right now.

We all know he likes a drink, but something needs to be done....

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Totally non existent tonight will be interesting when Pack is fit wether he goes with Tomlin or Bacuna who does not deserved to be dropped

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:51 pm

He was nowhere near as bad as many on here would have you believe. He was okay nothing special but by no means poor either.

Hopefully we can go on a winning run now especially if we can get Wtheridge and Bamba back into the side.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 am

He is appalling with the ball at his feet and isn’t even winning anything in the air anymore. At the moment I genuinely don’t know what he offers.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:21 am

Jimbo27 wrote:He is appalling with the ball at his feet and isn’t even winning anything in the air anymore. At the moment I genuinely don’t know what he offers.

Have to agree with this. He must only be playing due to lack of options as, skill wise, he’s very poor in that no. 10 position.
Offers very little and needs to be taken out and given extra training etc. Imo.

Jogging around chasing shadows last night.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:49 am

He's been poor this season but he is one of those players warnock chucks in no matter what.

Felt a player like Reid would have been a huge difference last night.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:43 am

What has happened to him looked like a sunday league player ,2 seasons ago he was dancing a jig after every goal don't think we are going to see that again if ever, cannot believe he survived 90 mins should have been replace by bogle or vassel lonf before the end what are neil and sidekicks watching when looking at patters.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 am

montyblue wrote:What has happened to him looked like a sunday league player ,2 seasons ago he was dancing a jig after every goal don't think we are going to see that again if ever, cannot believe he survived 90 mins should have been replace by bogle or vassel lonf before the end what are neil and sidekicks watching when looking at patters.

Monty, I agree about Patterson at the moment but you should know it’s highly unlikely that Warnock will put another Striker like Bogle or Vassell on for a midfield player away from home when the score is 1-1.

He’s much too careful/negative for that.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 am

Paterson and Mendez- Laing both look over weight and slow.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Won a few flicks, but that was all. He needs games, that is obvious, but surely that are what U23's are for !!!!

Even when hyper fit I am not sure what he gives us with Glatzel up top.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Paterson and Mendez- Laing both look over weight and slow.

Mendez Laing has really dissapointed me so far this season.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Mendez Laing has really dissapointed me so far this season.

Luke and me and I know he has a bit of an attitude.

On his day Laing could be a top Championship player.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:01 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Won a few flicks, but that was all. He needs games, that is obvious, but surely that are what U23's are for !!!!

Have to agree with that. I’ve never really seen the fuss surrounding him, he’s useless with the ball to his feet, he wins the odd flick on but that’s it.

He was ok(ish) the first season but you could still see he wasn’t a good footballer with the ball on the ground. The last 18 months he’s been poor. No other manager would have Paterson as their 10 apart from Warnock.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:He is appalling with the ball at his feet and isn’t even winning anything in the air anymore. At the moment I genuinely don’t know what he offers.

Agree

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:25 pm

norms76 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Won a few flicks, but that was all. He needs games, that is obvious, but surely that are what U23's are for !!!!

Have to agree with that. I’ve never really seen the fuss surrounding him, he’s useless with the ball to his feet, he wins the odd flick on but that’s it.

He was ok(ish) the first season but you could still see he wasn’t a good footballer with the ball on the ground. The last 18 months he’s been poor. No other manager would have Paterson as their 10 apart from Warnock.

Yeah fail to see what he offers as a 10. And honestly can't see where I personally would put him in a starting 11

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Yup! I always thought that Warnock was known for being a strict disciplinarian, how does he let these two get away with clearly being overweight? I said after the last game of the season, away to Manchester United, that if NML could come back a few pounds lighter he'd destroy Championship defences... look what happens, he comes back overweight!!!
You'd think our conditioning staff would give each player target weights during the summer and hefty fines/non-inclusion for those that don't meet those weights.

Re: ' Callum Patterson '

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

sure Warnock has said a few times he's just back from an injury, and he seems to take heavy knocks on the knees in each game, so he might not be 100% right now, and is only playing due to necessity