Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Comparison fixtures so far

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Crayfish wrote:Interesting possession stats from a league one game at the moment. Rochdale currently have 66 % of possession against Peterborough and are losing 6-0.

With regard to players coming back making us better is it going to happen. When Bamba is fit who will he replace Flint or Morrisson presumably but is 35 year old Bamba any better than them.If Pack comes back who will he replace? Bacuna is playing very well man of the match for us in the last two games and Ralls is our player of the season. He would be better than Patterson in midfield but I would much prefer Tomlin we are lacking in creativity anyway withou replacing an attack minded player with a defensive one. Also after a couple of shaky games Smithies is starting to look like a good keeper not sure if Ethridge would be that much better. Jazz coming back would help but I heard he cut off his head whilst shaving this morning so he won't be back for a while.

Whilst not an over Keen fan of NW style at least we get ball in box? Rather be bouncing up and down in frustration than sit with my hands folded waiting for ball to cross halfway line with nothing to shout about? If we can be where we are playing crap (according to fans) football where could we be with bit better finishing? Guess if near top it will be in false position and league is poor as usually is case when doing well. :old:

Re: Comparison fixtures so far

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Crayfish wrote:Interesting possession stats from a league one game at the moment. Rochdale currently have 66 % of possession against Peterborough and are losing 6-0.

With regard to players coming back making us better is it going to happen. When Bamba is fit who will he replace Flint or Morrisson presumably but is 35 year old Bamba any better than them.If Pack comes back who will he replace? Bacuna is playing very well man of the match for us in the last two games and Ralls is our player of the season. He would be better than Patterson in midfield but I would much prefer Tomlin we are lacking in creativity anyway withou replacing an attack minded player with a defensive one. Also after a couple of shaky games Smithies is starting to look like a good keeper not sure if Ethridge would be that much better. Jazz coming back would help but I heard he cut off his head whilst shaving this morning so he won't be back for a while.

Etheridge is miles better than Smithies.

Bamba is the best CB at the club.

Pack is definetly needed as we are lacking bodies in CM.

We still need to sort out another cm and finally at last another RB come January.