Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ‘ Already Interesting ‘

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Championship Table Updated: Monday 16th September 2019

Top and bottom big points gap difference already
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Already Interesting ‘

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Out next 7 games:

Sat 21st Sept Cardiff City Middlesbrough Crowd Away ( )

Sat 28th Sept Hull City Cardiff City Crowd Away ( )

Wed 2nd Oct QPR H
Sat 5th Oct WBA A

Friday 18th Oct Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday live on Sky

Tue 22nd Oct Millwall A

Sunday 27th Oct 12pm Swansea City v Cardiff City live on Sky

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:07 pm

We’re only 5 being 2nd place and by no means playing particularly well.....yet! :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We’re only 5 being 2nd place and by no means playing particularly well.....yet! :bluescarf:

Once Leeds beat Barnsley which they will it will be 7 unfortunately.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Only 5 points off 2nd and weve been shit ,as soon as we click again we will be right up there

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:Only 5 points off 2nd and weve been shit ,as soon as we click again we will be right up there

Wez, over all upfront we have been dreadful, but surely Warnock can see that as we don’t feed our strikers, upfront we toothless.
Needs sorting ASAP, last season the same, but this league we should have sorted it by now.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Only 5 points off 2nd and weve been shit ,as soon as we click again we will be right up there

Wez, over all upfront we have been dreadful, but surely Warnock can see that as we don’t feed our strikers, upfront we toothless.
Needs sorting ASAP, last season the same, but this league we should have sorted it by now.

Annis hell never sort it yesterday bogle on 88th minute what was point in that? Leaves Patterson on when 1400 fans can see he needed to come off? Only ever changed formation at beginning of game against man u when didn't matter, Fulham was game to do it we were effectively relegated because of his stubbornness to change 1 man attacking option... this is his last season why not go for it sure we would be better for it gratzel certainly will be? :o

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis hell never sort it yesterday bogle on 88th minute what was point in that? Leaves Patterson on when 1400 fans can see he needed to come off? Only ever changed formation at beginning of game against man u when didn't matter, Fulham was game to do it we were effectively relegated because of his stubbornness to change 1 man attacking option... this is his last season why not go for it sure we would be better for it gratzel certainly will be? :o

Allan, I agree with you.

I said I would give it 12 games before I totally judged, but not looking good so far.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, I agree with you.

I said I would give it 12 games before I totally judged, but not looking good so far.

Its difficult to form any judgement as with better finishing we be around 2nd today but that is only hiding our frailties and overall weaknesses throughout team? Come another 5 games could see us being in top 6 which unfortunately leaves us where we are now living off scraps and hoping things improve so can have sustained challenge ? Going to be a long and uncertain season for us fans I fear annis...

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis hell never sort it yesterday bogle on 88th minute what was point in that? Leaves Patterson on when 1400 fans can see he needed to come off? Only ever changed formation at beginning of game against man u when didn't matter, Fulham was game to do it we were effectively relegated because of his stubbornness to change 1 man attacking option... this is his last season why not go for it sure we would be better for it gratzel certainly will

Allan, I agree with you.

Must say Annis, I'm surprised that you will "totally judge" after 12 games,wasn't it Norwich who were on less points than we are currently, last year?the championship throws up many, many surprises over the course of the season,glad that Glatzel has broken his duck (albeit a pen),would like to see bogle and Glatzel combo,tried at home,let's hope neil is not so stubborn as to at least try things a little different this being his last year,it's not looking as bad as it could either. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Of course Warnock can see that Annis!
He alluded to if in his interview. I’m sure they’re trying to resolve the situation but it’s not just like turning a switch and it’s done.

Of course, I agree with you though, we do need to create more chances and be clinical.

To be fair to Glatzel he’s living off scraps.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis hell never sort it yesterday bogle on 88th minute what was point in that? Leaves Patterson on when 1400 fans can see he needed to come off? Only ever changed formation at beginning of game against man u when didn't matter, Fulham was game to do it we were effectively relegated because of his stubbornness to change 1 man attacking option... this is his last season why not go for it sure we would be better for it gratzel certainly will

Allan, I agree with you.

Must say Annis, I'm surprised that you will "totally judge" after 12 games,wasn't it Norwich who were on less points than we are currently, last year?the championship throws up many, many surprises over the course of the season,glad that Glatzel has broken his duck (albeit a pen),would like to see bogle and Glatzel combo,tried at home,let's hope neil is not so stubborn as to at least try things a little different this being his last year,it's not looking as bad as it could either. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

After 12 games you can usually tell where your club is going and on average it stays that way.

After Xmas that can change big time if new players are brought in or change of management.

So when would you judge our team and have your own opinion?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

My work colleagues were asking me, who’s that useless lump who can’t jump. Patterson is so unfit it’s becoming embarrassing to watch him.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:50 am

Looking at the current table I’d say Huddersfield and Stoke will definitely be relegated unless they make drastic changes, as for us I honestly believe we’re playing the wrong formation, we need to go back to 4-4-2, we’ve got the players to do it, just means sacrificing a midfielder for a striker

Smithies/(Etheridge)

Peltier ( Bamba)/flint. Morrison. Bennet

NML/Whyte. Bacunna/(Pack). Ralls. Murphy/Hoilett

Glatezel. Bogle/Vassell

(When back from injury)

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 am

We would all love our team to do well but some of the players there are div 1 championship at best
The table doesn't lie.

We can't complete passes and whack it up to expect glatzel or bogle
or whoever to do something. Our ball retention suffers as our midfield
is pulled about.

These players are not world class, in fact there are only a handful of lone strikers
Who can do this effectively week in week out.

We need 2 midfielders and 2 full backs, lang and patto bench at best unfortunately.
And please, get a quality fuckin striker!

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:24 am

eddiep wrote:We would all love our team to do well but some of the players there are div 1 championship at best
The table doesn't lie.

We can't complete passes and whack it up to expect glatzel or bogle
or whoever to do something. Our ball retention suffers as our midfield
is pulled about.

These players are not world class, in fact there are only a handful of lone strikers
Who can do this effectively week in week out.

We need 2 midfielders and 2 full backs, lang and patto bench at best unfortunately.
And please, get a quality fuckin striker!

You're right. The table doesn't lie... After 46 games.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:25 am

we werent that good up front during our promotion season, we'd nick a goal and see the game out. but this season we just seem to be gifting sloppy goals all the time, weak in weak out we hear, "i thought their goal was poor defending from ourselves" and yet we cannot seem to rectify it. sort it out at the back, and we'll be back grinding out 1-0 wins.

alot of people are looking at the play offs, which i think is unattainable. not because i'm downhearted but because we have on paper a mid table team.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Looking at the current table I’d say Huddersfield and Stoke will definitely be relegated unless they make drastic changes, as for us I honestly believe we’re playing the wrong formation, we need to go back to 4-4-2, we’ve got the players to do it, just means sacrificing a midfielder for a striker

Smithies/(Etheridge)

Peltier ( Bamba)/flint. Morrison. Bennet

NML/Whyte. Bacunna/(Pack). Ralls. Murphy/Hoilett

Glatezel. Bogle/Vassell

(When back from injury)

Then we get over run in midfield sadly.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 pm

All changed after today's results .

Re: UPDATED ‘ Already Interesting ‘

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:26 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:35 am

Surprised to see Stoke down there

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 am

We need to get a couple of wins under our belt.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We’re only 5 being 2nd place and by no means playing particularly well.....yet! :bluescarf:

You say only 5 points, but it takes more than the odd win and draws to jump teams in this league. We could win the next 2 and still be out of the top ten.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, I agree with you.

After 12 games you can usually tell where your club is going and on average it stays that way.

After Xmas that can change big time if new players are brought in or change of management.

So when would you judge our team and have your own opinion?

In all honesty Annis, I tend not to judge and am a half glass full type,not half empty.not that I'm saying it's wrong to judge,but I will wait till about a third of the season,see how we are fairing, and maybe reassess my thoughts,I still think we could end up in a play off berth,I have read a few of your posts lately,and I just found it a little strange for you,to be a little bit downbeat,I'm used to the chest thumping"get your arse down there" no excuses kind of Annis :thumbup: not a judgement by the way :laughing5: is it you're age :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:58 pm

nubbsy wrote:

You say only 5 points, but it takes more than the odd win and draws to jump teams in this league. We could win the next 2 and still be out of the top ten.

By the same token,you can win 4 on the trot,and zoom up the table :thumbright: the championship is a tough old lady. :old: :bluebird: