Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Post removed ref jacks attendance yesterday

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Any ideas why guys?

Re: Post removed ref jacks attendance yesterday

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 pm

fred keenor wrote:Any ideas why guys?

Probably to keep them off the forum ? Only need slightest excuse and on here like a rash
:thumbup:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Ok

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:02 pm

fred keenor wrote:Ok

As you saw when you put it up people not exactly happy it was on here? In fairness if thread is good one it tends get better response yours unfortunately was a subject that can bring out the rats from west especially as had lot problems recently with them... :thumbup:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:19 pm

No idea?

But I will find our :thumbright:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:21 pm

I was actually enjoying it as I love attendances

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:17 pm

I agree with Allan, Fred please start again in a new topic :thumbright:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:23 pm

think they had 17000 odd with about 1200 forest - they claim they are biggest club in wales despite we sold 1500 more season tickets than there attendence was with away fans!

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Please start that topic again :thumbright:

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:40 am

Talking to a jack yesterday and he said it was because of TV !!!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:27 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:think they had 17000 odd with about 1200 forest - they claim they are biggest club in wales despite we sold 1500 more season tickets than there attendence was with away fans!

Harry, What a strange way you have of working out the biggest club in Wales, by the amount of tickets you sell, I remember not so long back you were trying to unsuccessfully give them away.Surely you attribute success to your league position, amount of games won.Not by counting cut price ticket sales.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 am

Jackflash wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:think they had 17000 odd with about 1200 forest - they claim they are biggest club in wales despite we sold 1500 more season tickets than there attendence was with away fans!

Harry, What a strange way you have of working out the biggest club in Wales, by the amount of tickets you sell, I remember not so long back you were trying to unsuccessfully give them away.Surely you attribute success to your league position, amount of games won.Not by counting cut price ticket sales.

Not sure about that. I remember watching Man U play us in the league in the old division 2. Just because Man U were playing in a lower league did not mean that they were a smaller club than most of those playing in Div 1. They were still a big worldwide brand, and still attracted big gates.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:13 am

Jackflash wrote:

So currently you think Burnley are a bigger club than Newcastle and Villa?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jackflash wrote:

Not sure about that. I remember watching Man U play us in the league in the old division 2. Just because Man U were playing in a lower league did not mean that they were a smaller club than most of those playing in Div 1. They were still a big worldwide brand, and still attracted big gates.

This thread will turn into another never ending story like they all do when crowds or biggest club gets mentioned regarding Swansea? It doesn't take much to re-ignite the infestation on here... :roll:

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jackflash wrote:

This thread will turn into another never ending story like they all do when crowds or biggest club gets mentioned regarding Swansea? It doesn't take much to re-ignite the infestation on here... :roll:

All sorts of ways of defining or arguing over biggest clubs Al, but while as he says current success and games won can be attributed to league position, that has little bearing on club stature or size. Not getting into a discussion over whether Cardiff or Swansea are the biggest club in Wales, but I mentioned earlier, although Man Utd played us in the second tier, they were still a massive club. That season was my one and only visit to Old Trafford, and I remember the crowd was in excess of 40k that day, and I seem to recall that they had over 60k for at least one league game that season. We have regularly finished higher than Leeds for quite some time now, but I still consider them to be a huge club compared to us. Leicester won the title not long back, but I doubt if anyone would consider them to have ever been a bigger club than Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. Club size may not equate to tickets sold, but traditionally the bigger clubs tend to have the bigger fan base.